New Halo Community Update - Required Reading

The newest Halo Community Update just got released and this week we get more details on the CTF mode for Halo 5.

Here’s the link.

Required Reading ha! That title. :slight_smile:

Flag Juggling is back once again eh? Good to know but I hope they’ve done something about the Announcer Spam that accompanies successful juggling:

FLAG TAKEN!
FLAG DROPPED!
FLAG TAKEN!
FLAG DROPPED!
FLAG TAKEN!
FLAG DROPPED!
FLAG TAKEN!
FLAG DROPPED!
FLAG TAKEN!
FLAG DROPPED!
FLAG TAKEN!
FLAG DROPPED!
FLAG TAKEN!
FLAG DROPPED!
FLAG TAKEN!
FLAG CAPTURED!
(Repeat from start)

Flag Juggling isn’t always easy to pull off, and I’ve got no problems with the concept or the mechanic… But the constant NOISE that comes from someone doing it is soooo annoying to listen to XD

Booya! Flag bouncing is back

Any chance of a halo 5 universal control scheme in the MCC update??

I’m not pleased about it being flag having to be at home to score. Or no one hit melee for flag.

Darn, the one thing I thought was great about CTF in 4 is gone (the lack of flag juggling) because now 1 person can just cheese the map and not need a team. I would be perfectly fine if they kept 4’s method (get the flag and commit to carrying it) but had it so you had to hold X to pick initially or a custom game setting to disable the dropping of the flag. Also, as someone pointed out, I hope they realised the feed spam that is juggling and toned it down.

I’ve wondered this for years: why do we slow down when we grab the flag? It’s not like you have to be physically touching the flag carrier to kill them, and being defenseless (flagnum changes that somewhat) was enough of a handicap.

> 2533274809220485;5:
> I’m not pleased about it being flag having to be at home to score. Or no one hit melee for flag.

I actually think those things are pretty good. Besides you have to remember CE CTF didn’t have one hit melee and that played just fine.

> 2533274850524527;8:
> > 2533274809220485;5:
> > I’m not pleased about it being flag having to be at home to score. Or no one hit melee for flag.
>
>
> I actually think those things are pretty good. Besides you have to remember CE CTF didn’t have one hit melee and that played just fine.

By that logic, we didn’t need spartan abilities or smartscope :^)

> 2533274823519895;9:
> > 2533274850524527;8:
> > > 2533274809220485;5:
> > > I’m not pleased about it being flag having to be at home to score. Or no one hit melee for flag.
> >
> >
> > I actually think those things are pretty good. Besides you have to remember CE CTF didn’t have one hit melee and that played just fine.
>
>
> By that logic, we didn’t need spartan abilities or smartscope :^)

I just think the combination of the buffed magnum and the one hit melee made the flag carrier a bit OP. Now with slower speed, standard magnum traits and a two hit melee the flag carrier will have to rely on his teammates more like prior Halos.

> By that logic, we didn’t need spartan abilities or smartscope :^)

But we don’t need those things.

> Flag Juggling is back once again eh? Good to know but I hope they’ve done something about the Announcer Spam that accompanies successful juggling:

You know nothing of our struggles.

> 2533274850524527;8:
> > 2533274809220485;5:
> > I’m not pleased about it being flag having to be at home to score. Or no one hit melee for flag.
>
>
> I actually think those things are pretty good. Besides you have to remember CE CTF didn’t have one hit melee and that played just fine.

And halo CE isn’t that great.
CE CTF was very annoying. I think it’ll end up getting changed after a bunch of people complain.

Eh…never been a fan of flag juggling.

All I can hear when Steitzer says, “Flag taken” a bunch of times in a row is “Flag bacon.”

You’re welcome.

> 2533274796457055;14:
> All I can hear when Steitzer says, “Flag taken” a bunch of times in a row is “Flag bacon.”
>
> You’re welcome.

I like bacon lol

> 2533274809220485;12:
> > 2533274850524527;8:
> > > 2533274809220485;5:
> > > I’m not pleased about it being flag having to be at home to score. Or no one hit melee for flag.
> >
> >
> > I actually think those things are pretty good. Besides you have to remember CE CTF didn’t have one hit melee and that played just fine.
>
>
> And halo CE isn’t that great.
> CE CTF was very annoying. I think it’ll end up getting changed after a bunch of people complain.

You don’t like CE CTF? I love playing some Blood Gulch or Gyrophobia CTF, but that’s just subjective I guess.

> 2533274850524527;16:
> > 2533274809220485;12:
> > > 2533274850524527;8:
> > > > 2533274809220485;5:
> > > > I’m not pleased about it being flag having to be at home to score. Or no one hit melee for flag.
> > >
> > >
> > > I actually think those things are pretty good. Besides you have to remember CE CTF didn’t have one hit melee and that played just fine.
> >
> >
> > And halo CE isn’t that great.
> > CE CTF was very annoying. I think it’ll end up getting changed after a bunch of people complain.
>
>
> You don’t like CE CTF? I love playing some Blood Gulch or Gyrophobia CTF, but that’s just subjective I guess.

those days were fun

> 2533274850524527;16:
> > 2533274809220485;12:
> > > 2533274850524527;8:
> > > > 2533274809220485;5:
> > > > I’m not pleased about it being flag having to be at home to score. Or no one hit melee for flag.
> > >
> > >
> > > I actually think those things are pretty good. Besides you have to remember CE CTF didn’t have one hit melee and that played just fine.
> >
> >
> > And halo CE isn’t that great.
> > CE CTF was very annoying. I think it’ll end up getting changed after a bunch of people complain.
>
>
> You don’t like CE CTF? I love playing some Blood Gulch or Gyrophobia CTF, but that’s just subjective I guess.

Having played it more recently… it’s quite not fun… Especially Gyrophobia. Bad bad bad.
That annoying wait at a base… it can be pretty frustrating, especially on big maps.

> 2533274809220485;5:
> I’m not pleased about it being flag having to be at home to score. Or no one hit melee for flag.

Im in favor of the flag at home to score. It requires people to actually work as team instead of running in and running out.

> 2533274878729651;6:
> Darn, the one thing I thought was great about CTF in 4 is gone (the lack of flag juggling) because now 1 person can just cheese the map and not need a team. I would be perfectly fine if they kept 4’s method (get the flag and commit to carrying it) but had it so you had to hold X to pick initially or a custom game setting to disable the dropping of the flag. Also, as someone pointed out, I hope they realised the feed spam that is juggling and toned it down.

If you read the article, your position marker that the other team can see is not shown when you carry the flag, so when you juggle, your position is shown. Also if the enemy team shoots you, your location is pinged for a short time.