New Halo, but closer to the "core"

From the way I see it, Halo can still be new and exciting and still stay to its roots like Halo 3. I’m not necessarily saying make it exactly like Halo 3. What I’m saying is, there can be innovation with the MP without all this loadout, sprint, and ordinance junk. Here are my thoughts.

Take away:
-Sprint
-Loadouts
-Personal and random ordinance
-JIP
-Infinity “canon” story (it sets limits as to what can be done with multiplayer and makes it seem constricting)
-Kill cams
-Flinch

Keep:
-Armor Abilities (haven’t usually been fond of them, but if they could get rid of some of the frustrating, unbalanced AAs and add and keep well balanced, intriguing AAs, I’m game)
-Most of the weapons featured in Halo 4
-Assassinations (some cool new ones would be excellent as well as current ones)

Add:
-Classic weapons from previous Halos
Firefight or more Spartan Ops (or both if possible, both would be nice)
-Theater for campaign and Firefight/Spartan Ops
-*The ability to drop an empty weapon and use your knuckles
-More rugged, battle worn look to armor (or ability to customize detail to armor)
-Customizable Elite to play in some multiplayer modes (or all)
-Zoom out when shot

• = idea of my own

And to elaborate on the idea I’ve come up with:

Fist fighting: When you drop your empty weapon, your fists come up in a fighter’s stance on the hud. Your base speed is increased due to a lack of a second weapon (for balancing to give at lease a little chance to those who use fists. Each swing is like a melee attack without damage to the enemy, unless they are damaged to an extent. Some of the animations could highlight some military martial arts looks to the combat, especially the assassinations for this mode.

This is just the tip of what I’ve thought of and can recall on the top of my head right now.

Discuss, and feel free to add some other ideas of your own.

I will continuously add other things I think of.

I like the first fighting idea, but to be honest, if I had a rifle and ran out of ammo, that rifle would become a club. I’d be a bit reluctant to toss it away and rely on my fists … then again, if I had MJOLNIR power armor … nevermind, I like the idea.

Not that I think all of these will work, but they are things that can be added without murdering balance:

• Ability to swap weapons with teammates
  • Reloading a clip that is partly empty causes you to lose the rest of the bullets in the clip (could create interesting reload strategies - could negatively affect gameplay, so test it first)
  • Ability to grab somebody from behind and use them as a shield for a couple of seconds (the enemy lives as a trade-off)
  • Ability to pass non-live grenades to a teammate, similar to the oddball throw
  • Ability to roll grenades, or maybe a way to control distance judging by how long the trigger is held for (releasing is when it is tossed - this could ruin gameplay because you wouldn’t be able to launch a grenade quickly)
  • Multi-directional gravity areas, or gravity direction changing
  • Areas that are pitch black or have flashing lights (think Doom). Gun fire would light the area up
  • Smoke bomb for cover
  • 16v16
  • Spectators
  • Map overview showing weapon locations, etc., before the match begins
  • Ability to boot suiciders
  • Pickup that allows you to hear the other team’s voice chat (though this wouldn’t work given the party system)
  • Countdown timer and Nav point for weapon drops that everybody can see (this could eliminate camping by power weapons, but removes the skill of holding down a specific area in place of having to fight for always-changing power positions)
  • Ability to change weather type and intensity
  • Ability to change time of day
  • Swimming (would probably be terrible)
  • More interactivity within maps
  • Destructible environments
  • A rocket that, once launched, follows your cursor before impact (think Half-Life 2 rocket launcher)… maybe when this weapon is out, it shows a laser like the Promy sniper in Halo 4
  • Wall jumps (meh)
  • Zip lines
  • Secondary fire modes for some guns (meh)
  • Improvements to Forge like volume boxes to adjust lighting, ability to select multiple objects at the same time, using switches to open doors, etc. (weather and time of day points should probably go here)
  • Ability to drop bubble wrap on the floor to audibly alarm you when enemies are near by…

*** What I think would be really great and easy to implement:

• Ability to shoot a Nav point for your buddies to see (think Portal 2 co-op). This would greatly increase teamwork (think of it like pointing in real-life - much better than knowing callouts)
  • Ability to start a timer for your buddies to see (think Splosion Man co-op)
  • Ability to watch/use theatre with a party of at least 4

Again, most of these ideas could suck, but it’s the fact that it wouldn’t ruin balance like random selectables would that’s important.

> Not that I think all of these will work, but they are things that can be added without murdering balance:
>
> - Ability to swap weapons with teammates
> [<mark>u]- Reloading a clip that is partly empty causes you to lose the rest of the bullets in the clip (could create interesting reload strategies - could negatively affect gameplay, so test it first)</mark>
> - Ability to grab somebody from behind and use them as a shield for a couple of seconds (the enemy lives as a trade-off)
> - Ability to pass non-live grenades to a teammate, similar to the oddball throw
> - Ability to roll grenades, o<mark>r maybe a way to control distance judging by how long the trigger is held for (releasing is when it is tossed - this could ruin gameplay because you wouldn’t be able to launch a grenade quickly)</mark>
> - Multi-directional gravity areas, or gravity direction changing
> - Areas that are pitch black or have flashing lights (think Doom). Gun fire would light the area up
> - Smoke bomb for cover
> - 16v16
> - Spectators
> - Map overview showing weapon locations, etc., before the match begins
> - Ability to boot suiciders
> - Pickup that allows you to hear the other team’s voice chat (though this wouldn’t work given the party system)
> - Countdown timer and Nav point for weapon drops that everybody can see (this could eliminate camping by power weapons, but removes the skill of holding down a specific area in place of having to fight for always-changing power positions)
>
> *** What I think would be really great and easy to implement:
> - Ability to shoot a Nav point for your buddies to see (think Portal 2 co-op). This would greatly increase teamwork (think of it like pointing in real-life - much better than knowing callouts)
> - Ability to start a timer for your buddies to see (think Splosion Man co-op)
>
>
> Again, most of these ideas could suck, but it’s the fact that it wouldn’t ruin balance like random selectables would that’s important.

Not a suggestion I am very well found of. It will only effect negatively in that a person is either killed or lost ammo because he did or didn’t reload - What happens in your next encounter is something you don’t know yet.

The second point would ruin grenade throwing because it isn’t accurate.

> > Not that I think all of these will work, but they are things that can be added without murdering balance:
> >
> > - Ability to swap weapons with teammates
> > [<mark>u]- Reloading a clip that is partly empty causes you to lose the rest of the bullets in the clip (could create interesting reload strategies - could negatively affect gameplay, so test it first)</mark>
> > - Ability to grab somebody from behind and use them as a shield for a couple of seconds (the enemy lives as a trade-off)
> > - Ability to pass non-live grenades to a teammate, similar to the oddball throw
> > - Ability to roll grenades, or maybe a way to control distance judging by how long the trigger is held for (releasing is when it is tossed - this could ruin gameplay because you wouldn’t be able to launch a grenade quickly)
> > - Multi-directional gravity areas, or gravity direction changing
> > - Areas that are pitch black or have flashing lights (think Doom). Gun fire would light the area up
> > - Smoke bomb for cover
> > - 16v16
> > - Spectators
> > - Map overview showing weapon locations, etc., before the match begins
> > - Ability to boot suiciders
> > - Pickup that allows you to hear the other team’s voice chat (though this wouldn’t work given the party system)
> > - Countdown timer and Nav point for weapon drops that everybody can see (this could eliminate camping by power weapons, but removes the skill of holding down a specific area in place of having to fight for always-changing power positions)
> >
> > *** What I think would be really great and easy to implement:
> > - Ability to shoot a Nav point for your buddies to see (think Portal 2 co-op). This would greatly increase teamwork (think of it like pointing in real-life - much better than knowing callouts)
> > - Ability to start a timer for your buddies to see (think Splosion Man co-op)
> >
> >
> > Again, most of these ideas could suck, but it’s the fact that it wouldn’t ruin balance like random selectables would that’s important.
>
> Not a suggestion I am very well found of. It will only effect negatively in that a person is either killed or lost ammo because he did or didn’t reload - What happens in your next encounter is something you don’t know yet.

Sorry, I added more after you quoted me.
I agree. I think it would most-likely negatively affect the game. I’m just trying to show that not all changes create randomness.

Second highlight: I do like how grenades work now… just throwing **** out there.