NEW HALO 5 SOUNDTRACK

This will mostly be about the percussion in the past Halo soundtracks, so without further ado, let’s get to the point. In past Halo soundtracks (CE-Reach) the beats and instruments in the backrgound of some songs were either very tribal sounding, or kind of like the beat in a rock song, but never a cinematic beat like in Belly of the Beast, Arrival, or Faithless. I think that the past types of percussion were very unique, while the new cinematic variant sounds kind of generic (because it’s basically heard in EVERY SINGLE action movie I watch now). There were a couple of songs in Halo 4 that were unique sounding and stood out from the rest, like Cloud City, which has a techno-ish beat, Convoy, which is a mix between rock and tribal percussion, or Pylons, which has a techno rock feeling to its beat. So, what I’m trying to say is bring back that rock and tribal percussion into the Halo 5 soundtrack. Nothing has ever gotten me as pumped up as Covenant Dance, The Long Run, Air Traffic Control, Heretic Hero, or even the Halo theme itself (especially the Halo theme actually).

Amen.

True playing past halo games got me pumped and in character , <mark>yet it’s also necessary to have new and like you said <mark>unique</mark> tracks</mark>, in short 50/50 classic and new but with a unique rhythm

Neil did do a damn good job, but he doesn’t come close to Marty.

It would be better if we keep the cinematic scores for the cut scenes and use rhythmic music for gameplay.

I love the Halo 4 soundtrack. I hope they have the same sort of style for Halo 5, though I wish they’d bring back some old tunes.

Although It annoys me when people ask for 343i to make things the same as they were in old games, Halo 5’s soundtrack would be perfect if it was something along the lines of Halo 2’s.

As long as it’s not as bad as Halo 2’s I’m fine

> As long as it’s not as bad as Halo 2’s I’m fine

Are you kidding me? Halo 2’s soundtrack was so good!

But then I guess if you’re not a fan of rock/metal music then I can see why you wouldn’t have seen the epic.

> > As long as it’s not as bad as Halo 2’s I’m fine
>
> Are you kidding me? Halo 2’s soundtrack was so good!
>
> But then I guess if you’re not a fan of rock/metal music then I can see why you wouldn’t have seen the epic.

No, Metal is one of the worst genres of music imo, Rock just isn’t Halo

Halo 2’s was the worst of the series

Neil did a fantastic job with the soundtrack. H5’s music will be great no matter what it sounds like.

> > > As long as it’s not as bad as Halo 2’s I’m fine
> >
> > Are you kidding me? Halo 2’s soundtrack was so good!
> >
> > But then I guess if you’re not a fan of rock/metal music then I can see why you wouldn’t have seen the epic.
>
> No, Metal is one of the worst genres of music imo, Rock just isn’t Halo
>
> Halo 2’s was the worst of the series

Yeah, that’s fair enough man. I listen to rock/metal all the time when I’m playing multiplayer so I guess it feels Halo for me but not for others.

> > > As long as it’s not as bad as Halo 2’s I’m fine
> >
> > Are you kidding me? Halo 2’s soundtrack was so good!
> >
> > But then I guess if you’re not a fan of rock/metal music then I can see why you wouldn’t have seen the epic.
>
> No, Metal is one of the worst genres of music imo, Rock just isn’t Halo
>
> Halo 2’s was the worst of the series

What about Rock Anthem to Saving the World? D:

And what about the atmospheric portion of H2 OST (i.e. Peril)?

> > > > As long as it’s not as bad as Halo 2’s I’m fine
> > >
> > > Are you kidding me? Halo 2’s soundtrack was so good!
> > >
> > > But then I guess if you’re not a fan of rock/metal music then I can see why you wouldn’t have seen the epic.
> >
> > No, Metal is one of the worst genres of music imo, Rock just isn’t Halo
> >
> > Halo 2’s was the worst of the series
>
> What about Rock Anthem to Saving the World? D:
>
> And what about the atmospheric portion of H2 OST (i.e. Peril)?

Didn’t like them

I just think we need the return of certain motifs. Pale horse. Monks. That sorta thing :wink:

Personally, I was not too impressed with Neil Davidage work on Halo 4 Soundtrack. Like i mentioned in other threads, regarding the music, the music was too “nostalgic” and “cinematic”. Even in the intense parts, the music was slow. Some of the gameplay music should’ve had fast-pace music, like ex. Marty did with Warthog Run at the end of Halo 3.

> Neil did do a damn good job, but he doesn’t come close to Marty.

I wasn’t too impressed with Neil’s work on Halo 4 soundtrack, b/c it was more of a “cinematic” feeling, without any sort of fast beat. However, I agree that he may have done well in the soundtrack, but he doesn’t come close to Marty’s level.

> It would be better if we keep the cinematic scores for the cut scenes and use rhythmic music for gameplay.

Yeah, first time i heard the entire soundtrack, I knew that it lacked something. Like you said, the rhythmic music for the gameplay like Marty did in the prev. titles. If only Neil were to do that, then I would say the soundtrack is good. The “cinematic” type of music for Halo, IMO, doesn’t really go, b/c they game itself is fast-paced and would require some fast music.

Anyone remember Broken Gates? That was a really good example of rhythmic gameplay music.

> Anyone remember Broken Gates? That was a really good example of rhythmic gameplay music.

Do you mean Three Gates?

> As long as it’s not as bad as Halo 2’s I’m fine

Heart attack inc sdfrfxdfelgfhfgsssssssssssssssssssss

Halo 2 had the best music score ever in a videogame, period.

I want 4’s main menu music to come back…soooooo spine tingling.

It Was like a ghostly version of the original halo theme.