New Halo 5 Main Characters

I dont know if anyone else was thinking this, but i hypothesize that Latsky, Palmer, and obviously Chief will become the trio of main characters in Halo 5. Latsky will take the role of the guy who hands out the orders, he will be the one sending chief and palmer on missions and providing intel and overlook from the UNSC Infinity. Palmer will become Chief’s new “Sgt. Johnson”, the one person who can understand whats going on in chiefs head, and there is a small possibility that she may become 117’s romantic interest since 343 has focused on humanizing Master Chief throughout Halo 4 (whats more human than a love story). But more likely she will take the role that Johnson previously filled, chiefs badass sidekick.

Disclaimer- I am not suggesting that 343 should do the romance idea. I am only stating that it is a possibility. I didn’t post this just to get people to say " no romance, master chief is too much of a loner badass ". I’m just asking the community whether they think the romance is a possibility in halo 5.

Tell me what you think in the comments.

Crimson

We’ve avoided a love story with Chief, and I would personally like to keep it that way.

I can’t see a romance subplot working without being very forced and contrived.

And if Chief was to get with someone, it’d be Linda. Or Kelly.

Too much of the fanbase already hates Palmer, it’ be a very bad move to make her any sort of romantic interest.

I’d like to see the Arbiter become a main character again.

> I dont know if anyone else was thinking this, but i hypothesize that Latsky, Palmer, and obviously Chief will become the trio of main characters in Halo 5. Latsky will take the role of the guy who hands out the orders, he will be the one sending chief and palmer on missions and providing intel and overlook from the UNSC Infinity. Palmer will become Chief’s new “Sgt. Johnson”, the one person who can understand whats going on in chiefs head, and there is a possibility that she may become 117’s romantic interest since 343 has focused on humanizing Master Chief throughout Halo 4 (whats more human than a love story).
>
> Tell me what you think in the comments.

No stop that, bad OP BAD…i dont mind her being the new Sgt Johnson but forget the romance.

> I dont know if anyone else was thinking this, but i hypothesize that <mark>Latsky</mark>, Palmer, and obviously Chief will become the trio of main characters in Halo 5. <mark>Latsky</mark> will take the role of the guy who hands out the orders, he will be the one sending chief and palmer on missions and providing intel and overlook from the UNSC Infinity. Palmer will become Chief’s new “Sgt. Johnson”, the one person who can understand whats going on in chiefs head, and there is a possibility that she may become 117’s romantic interest since 343 has focused on humanizing Master Chief throughout Halo 4 (whats more human than a love story).
>
> Tell me what you think in the comments.

I apologize, but I literally cringe when people make that spelling mistake.

i have said it already but i will say it again

343 is gearing up to replace the chief with palmer. five and six will have chief as the main protagonist but afterwards we will control sarah palmer

> i have said it already but i will say it again
>
> 343 is gearing up to replace the chief with palmer. five and six will have chief as the main protagonist but afterwards we will control sarah palmer

Palmer? I don’t think so. If anything like that were to happen we would most likely follow Gabriel Thorne. He is the rookie who is being set up to be the honorable hero. He’s just the rookie now but he clearly shows potential to become a great Spartan once he gets more experience under his belt.

> Crimson

^
I agree, Crimson’s and Majestic’s story is far from over.

> I can’t see a romance subplot working without being very forced and contrived.
>
> And if Chief was to get with someone, it’d be Linda. Or Kelly.

Chief is too hardcore for that. I don’t see anybody having a relationship with him… Poor Chief.

> We’ve avoided a love story with Chief, and I would personally like to keep it that way.

Halo 5: the Chief falls madly in love with Palmer (satisfying the O.P.'s heretical plot idea) and subsequently kills her with kindness (satisfying everyone else in Halo Nation).

> > Crimson
>
> ^
> I agree, Crimson’s and Majestic’s story is far from over.

Crimson and Majestic has their own plot, which is Spartan Ops.
If 343i really steps up their game with SpOps, then it should be a good enough story for our S-IVs and Majestic.

I have a feeling the main “trio” in Halo 5 will be Chief, Lasky and possibly some A.I. I don’t see Palmer fitting in anywhere.

A new character should emerge. An unchanged ancient human should enter the scene. Someone we can compare with master chief. Someone the evolved chief can relate to. Possible a speceman preserved by the Forerunners.

The romance was just an afterthought I wasn’t suggesting 343 should do that. Just that it was a possibility, though a highly unlikely possibility

At least I sparked some debate which is always fun

I really don’t think should have a love interest.

> I really don’t think should have a love interest.

Yes I know everybody wants chief to stay the stone cold badass he has always been

I just want to see Chief’s reaction when he finds out Halsey’s held captive by Jul. It’s gonna be the quickest, bloodiest one man invasion in human history.