New Halo 5 Guardians TV Show Announced

Have you folks seen this? I haven’t seen any traffic about it on Waypoint.

http://variety.com/2016/digital/news/halo-5-guardians-esports-reality-tv-show-1201930177/

An excerpt:

> Microsoft Studios’ 343 Industries, developer of the blockbuster “Halo” first-person shooter series, has struck a deal with TV production company Pilgrim Media Group to develop the show. The partners did not reveal an expected premiere date, nor have they lined up TV or digital distribution deals for the series at this point.
>
> The deal for the “Halo 5: Guardians” show is the first project to emerge from the joint initiative of Pilgrim Media, Lionsgate and video-game league ESL to create and distribute original eSports entertainment content for TV and digital platforms. Previously, Lionsgate made an equity investment in Pilgrim Media last year.

I’m just hoping this isn’t replacing the Spielberg produced show lol. I’m curious how this will play out though. Strikes me as a bold move. If it’s successful we might start seeing a lot more entertainment products like it regarding professional esports.

Nice finding the info, I hope its good and better then the previous live action series we got. And I am looking at you Night fall.

Yeah, I saw it already. It’s going to fail if they don’t fix the servers and/or fix the spectator mode. People are gonna laugh when they see sniper kills with the reticule a foot off of the person’s head. Not sure how they’re going to do the reality part. Is it going to be a bunch of pros in the same house, lol?

As a person who likes to watch Halo Pros play this is cool. I can see though how people wouldn’t like it as everyone doesn’t like the whole Esports aspect of Halo. (which is a dumb name- go throw a football) is curious to see where it goes.

Is it going to have a 15 second delay to compensate for lag?

It’s sad how we get news of some dumb reality show (as if we don’t have enough already) but literally nothing about the live action series directed by Steven Spielberg since it’s initial announcement a couple years back.

Ugh. I certainly wouldn’t watch that. I do want my Spielberg Halo show, though.

I don’t know about anyone else, but every interview I’ve seen with competitive gamers, they’ve all been super awkward. A shows worth of it is just gonna be a cringe-fest

> 2533274814289862;6:
> It’s sad how we get news of some dumb reality show (as if we don’t have enough already) but literally nothing about the live action series directed by Steven Spielberg since it’s initial announcement a couple years back.

What’s dumb about it? The fact that it’s E-sports? Or that it’s prioritized over a movie that wasn’t ever going to happen? Not trying to be harsh but I didn’t see that working from the start.

Howdy do you know what tv channel it will be on?
Thank,the person who everyone hates Luigi

> 2533274856549319;8:
> I don’t know about anyone else, but every interview I’ve seen with competitive gamers, they’ve all been super awkward. A shows worth of it is just gonna be a cringe-fest

In what way are they super-awkward?

Do the interviewers try too hard to be “serious” or are the answers very cliché?

> 2533274923562209;9:
> > 2533274814289862;6:
> > It’s sad how we get news of some dumb reality show (as if we don’t have enough already) but literally nothing about the live action series directed by Steven Spielberg since it’s initial announcement a couple years back.
>
> What’s dumb about it? The fact that it’s E-sports? Or that it’s prioritized over a movie that wasn’t ever going to happen? Not trying to be harsh but I didn’t see that working from the start.

It has nothing to do with it being e-sports, it’s the fact that they think what Halo really needs right now is a damn reality show.

You don’t have to flip through TV channels long to see that the TV networks are already oversaturated with various reality shows, all of which are filled with idiots crying and arguing over nothing every single episode.

And if you read what I posted, I didn’t talk about the scrapped Halo movie. I’m talking about the live action series that 343 and Microsoft announced at E3 a few years ago (2013 I believe) that was being produced and directed by Steven Spielberg. I say that’s something to prioritize, seeing as it’s something that most Halo fans will actually watch (if it’s good) as opposed to some reality show that no one really asked for.

Probably not going to watch it. Wonder if this week’s CU will have more info.

> 2533274942373492;10:
> Howdy do you know what tv channel it will be on?
> Thank,the person who everyone hates Luigi

What channel was X-Play on? G4? Seems like a good fit. Does G4 still exist? Lol

> 2535437652903765;13:
> Probably not going to watch it. Wonder if this week’s CU will have more info.

Hopefully! Maybe that’s why ske7ch was asking what it would take to get “casuals” to like watching HCS.

> 2533274814289862;12:
> > 2533274923562209;9:
> > > 2533274814289862;6:
> > > It’s sad how we get news of some dumb reality show (as if we don’t have enough already) but literally nothing about the live action series directed by Steven Spielberg since it’s initial announcement a couple years back.
> >
> > What’s dumb about it? The fact that it’s E-sports? Or that it’s prioritized over a movie that wasn’t ever going to happen? Not trying to be harsh but I didn’t see that working from the start.
>
> It has nothing to do with it being e-sports, it’s the fact that they think what Halo really needs right now is a damn reality show.
>
> You don’t have to flip through TV channels long to see that the TV networks are already oversaturated with various reality shows, all of which are filled with idiots crying and arguing over nothing every single episode.
>
> And if you read what I posted, I didn’t talk about the scrapped Halo movie. I’m talking about the live action series that 343 and Microsoft announced at E3 a few years ago (2013 I believe) that was being produced and directed by Steven Spielberg. I say that’s something to prioritize, seeing as it’s something that most Halo fans will actually watch (of its good) as opposed to some reality show that no one really asked for.

I’m talking about the Spielberg movie. Won’t be surprised if its canceled in the future being how nothing has been said on it since last year.

> 2533274923562209;15:
> > 2533274814289862;12:
> > > 2533274923562209;9:
> > > > 2533274814289862;6:
> > > > It’s sad how we get news of some dumb reality show (as if we don’t have enough already) but literally nothing about the live action series directed by Steven Spielberg since it’s initial announcement a couple years back.
> > >
> > > What’s dumb about it? The fact that it’s E-sports? Or that it’s prioritized over a movie that wasn’t ever going to happen? Not trying to be harsh but I didn’t see that working from the start.
> >
> > It has nothing to do with it being e-sports, it’s the fact that they think what Halo really needs right now is a damn reality show.
> >
> > You don’t have to flip through TV channels long to see that the TV networks are already oversaturated with various reality shows, all of which are filled with idiots crying and arguing over nothing every single episode.
> >
> > And if you read what I posted, I didn’t talk about the scrapped Halo movie. I’m talking about the live action series that 343 and Microsoft announced at E3 a few years ago (2013 I believe) that was being produced and directed by Steven Spielberg. I say that’s something to prioritize, seeing as it’s something that most Halo fans will actually watch (of its good) as opposed to some reality show that no one really asked for.
>
> I’m talking about the Spielberg movie. Won’t be surprised if its canceled in the future being how nothing has been said on it since last year.

That’s been dead for years buddy. Sorry for the bad news!

> 2533274923562209;15:
> > 2533274814289862;12:
> > > 2533274923562209;9:
> > > > 2533274814289862;6:
> > > > It’s sad how we get news of some dumb reality show (as if we don’t have enough already) but literally nothing about the live action series directed by Steven Spielberg since it’s initial announcement a couple years back.
> > >
> > > What’s dumb about it? The fact that it’s E-sports? Or that it’s prioritized over a movie that wasn’t ever going to happen? Not trying to be harsh but I didn’t see that working from the start.
> >
> > It has nothing to do with it being e-sports, it’s the fact that they think what Halo really needs right now is a damn reality show.
> >
> > You don’t have to flip through TV channels long to see that the TV networks are already oversaturated with various reality shows, all of which are filled with idiots crying and arguing over nothing every single episode.
> >
> > And if you read what I posted, I didn’t talk about the scrapped Halo movie. I’m talking about the live action series that 343 and Microsoft announced at E3 a few years ago (2013 I believe) that was being produced and directed by Steven Spielberg. I say that’s something to prioritize, seeing as it’s something that most Halo fans will actually watch (of its good) as opposed to some reality show that no one really asked for.
>
> I’m talking about the Spielberg movie. Won’t be surprised if its canceled in the future being how nothing has been said on it since last year.

I wasn’t aware of a Spielberg movie. I’m pretty sure they said it was going to be a TV series. Last time I heard about a Halo movie was back between 2007-2009 that was being directed by Neil Blomkamp, which was scrapped and turned into District 9.

So that’s were the story went :confused:

What happened to all the other T.V. series and movies they announced… Especially the one with Spielberg the T.V. series… We haven’t heard anything…

Got excited for Halo 5 Guardians TV show, then I saw eSports and reality tv.

I’ll pass, thank you.