New Halo 5 Gametype idea! (Special Request to 343)

In Halo 5 they should add a new multiplayer game mode playlist that I have thought of. In addition to the two main playlists (Team Slayer and Big Team Slayer) I think they should add another playlist that I call “Colossal Team Slayer”. Allow me to explain what Colossal Team Slayer.

The team size will be huge, for example if the population of Colossal Team Slayer’s playlist is 600 people playing it. One team will have 300 people and the other will have 300 people.

There will be two teams. Offense and Defense. Halfway through the game both teams will switch and get to play the other side. The Offense team will play as Covenant, and the Defense will play as the UNSC. Similar to Invasion from Halo Reach.
The map will be set on two maps (as well as smaller maps inside these two major maps, such as the interior of a UNSC frigate during space battles for example). These two major maps consist of a Halo ring’s planetary surface, and the outer space surrounding the Halo ring. The goal of the offensive team is to fly their space ships from outer space down to the Halo Ring and glass the surface with super carriers. The defense’s job is to hold out and destroy the incoming enemies.
There will be two battles going on at the same time on each map, this is the break down.

OUTER SPACE:

-Space Battles:
The Offensive Team and Defensive Team will control space ships like vehicles and have a war in a huge map similar to the space map in the Long Night of Solace’s level from Halo Reach. The Defensive players will get to control UNSC Frigates and UNSC Halcyons (flying and shooting with them) and the Offensive players will control Covenant Super Carriers and Covenant Crusiers. The team size will be 200 vs 200. The map would be a large space map with a halo ring. The map will be similar to the long night of solace space battle mission from halo reach.
These huge ships for both Offensive and Defensive will be maps of their own as well as being controllable vehicles at the same time. Players will be able to run around inside these ships in stardard FPS mode on foot and take control of additional turrets or controls on the ship to help the captain of the ship out. The bridge of each ship will work like a real bridge, all the players in the bridge will have to work together to fly the ships and shoot by being given a different task. Players on board these ships can also go to the hangar bay section and get on board a smaller ship and exit their big ship (they can get inside a longsword and fly off, or a seraph if they are on the offense team).
When piloting the smaller ships, these players can fly to enemy ships in hopes of boarding them. There will inevitably be times when a bunch of defense small ships pass a bunch of offense small ships, resulting in a battle of squadrons small ships in space.
If a small ship (longsword for example) successfully manages to get to an enemy big ship (covenant super carrier), regardless of team, they can land inside it, and exit their vehicle. Then when on foot, they will return to FPS mode and alongside other team mates that boarded the ship with them, they can traverse the enemy big ship and shoot the enemy crew members on board that ship, and because the big ship plays out as the size of a multiplayer map, players inside on both teams can fight in it. The objective of the players that boarded this ship, will be to find the bridge and kill the captain and the crew controlling it. When they do this they can take over the ship themselves and use it against the enemy. Alternatively they can try to destroy the ship from the inside by planting bombs.
When an big ship get’s destroyed, the entire crew will die resulting in about 30 deaths at once. The crew or person from the opposing team that is responsible for that kill will hear the announcer (The announcer will be going crazy saying double kill, triple kill, multikill, ect MANY times over and over again as plenty of people died). Big ships on the offensive team will respawn after 10-15 minutes.
The Defensive team’s big ships will be guarding the Halo ring and have the players controlling them to shoot at the Offensive team’s big ships. The Offensive team’s big ships will try to get past the Defensive team’s big ships and enter Halo’s atmosphere (which will trigger a loading screen when the come close enough to the Halo ring, and will load the second map, taking them out of the outer space section of the game, and into the planetary section of the game).

PLANETARY:

-Land battle:
The battles on the ground of the Halo Ring will play out like big team battle (except instead of being 12 vs 12 the size will be more along the lines of 100 vs 100. Both offensive and defensive players will be fighting each other on the ground from the start of the match. The map will be as large Halo Reach’s forge world and big enough to fit 100s of players. Vehicles such as Pelicans and Phantoms will play a huge role as they will help transport other players around the huge map if they need a ride, as well as offering firepower. These dropships will be player controlled. All vehicles will be player controlled. The battles will also feature huge vehicles such as Scarabs. There will be plenty of vehicle battle on the ground as well as on foot battle in FPS mode.

-Sky battle:
Using the same map as the land battle, at a higher altitude in the skies above, players will be using banshees, phantoms, pelicans, hornets and falcons to shoot each other in the sky. As well as come to the ground to provide air support for their team (both offensive and defensive) against enemy ground vehicles or infantry.

When big ships from OUTER SPACE leave their map and enter the PLANETARY map:

When they are on the Offensive they players controlling them will have the option to start glassing the surface killing enemy players in the 100s (The announcer will be going crazy saying double kill, triple kill, multikill, ect MANY times over and over again). When the offensive team gets enough kills this way, they win the game. The defensive team wins by holding out against the enemy for 1.5 hours (players won’t need to play for 1.5 hours straight, they can leave the game when they want and come back later, another player will take their place when they join the game mid progress). Every 1.5 hours the teams switch between offense and defense.

IS THIS IDEA UNREALISTIC AND SILLY?:
Halo 5 is on the Xbox One, next generation. While my idea might be a bit unrealistic, if 343i uses the fundamentals of my idea but uses smaller numbers (reducing 100s of players to 10s instead, and using smaller maps) then the idea may be able to run on the Xbox One. Not to mention Halo Custom edition can run several of my ideas. Space battles (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOOkBT_qoJA), Space Ships that are both maps and vehicles at the same time that requires a crew and captain to operate them (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaI56-iQszQ). Scarabs and pelicans on giant land battles (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqbqBXbFVo8). Halo Custom Edition runs on a 2001 video game engine, Halo 5 can surely do this as it’s a 2015 video game engine.
Thank you for taking the time to read my idea. I hope 343i takes inspiration from it.

Would be pretty awesome but there would undoubtedly be a ton of lag with 100+ players. Maybe 32 - 48 max but probably not 100+

> 2533274978414969;2:
> Would be pretty awesome but there would undoubtedly be a ton of lag with 100+ players. Maybe 32 - 48 max but probably not 100+

Thanks, I think it’s very possible if 343i cuts down the numbers
"
**IS THIS IDEA UNREALISTIC AND SILLY?:**Halo 5 is on the Xbox One, next generation. While my idea might be a bit unrealistic, if 343i uses the fundamentals of my idea but uses smaller numbers (reducing 100s of players to 10s instead, and using smaller maps) then the idea may be able to run on the Xbox One. Not to mention Halo Custom edition can run several of my ideas. Space battles (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOOkBT_qoJA), Space Ships that are both maps and vehicles at the same time that requires a crew and captain to operate them (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaI56-iQszQ). Scarabs and pelicans on giant land battles (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqbqBXbFVo8). Halo Custom Edition runs on a 2001 video game engine, Halo 5 can surely do this as it’s a 2015 video game engine.

"

Hoh what a wall of text! My idea about a playlist, unique species battles. Brutes vs elites and have unique abilities as a species.

> 2533274822026756;4:
> Hoh what a wall of text! My idea about a playlist, unique species battles. Brutes vs elites and have unique abilities as a species.

That could work!

So, Halo: Battlefront. Highly unlikely for Halo 5, seeing as they are heavily focused on the 4v4 arena gameplay, but this is a cool idea that would probably have to be relegated to a spinoff title. Still a great idea, but highly unlikely.

> 2533274828691302;6:
> So, Halo: Battlefront. Highly unlikely for Halo 5, seeing as they are heavily focused on the 4v4 arena gameplay, but this is a cool idea that would probably have to be relegated to a spinoff title. Still a great idea, but highly unlikely.

They would never make a spin off Halo FPS with multiplayer that is more awesome than multiplayer from the main series though :confused:

Maybe, have a three way battle with prometheans as well

Yeah I would be down for Planet-Halo-Battle-Side-Front. And why not 100’s of players, Planetside 2 is getting a PS4 port. That game has a crap ton of players in one match.

> 2533274883316074;8:
> Maybe, have a three way battle with prometheans as well

Maybe

> 2533274883316074;8:
> Maybe, have a three way battle with prometheans as well

i think its very likely

http://news.toyark.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2015/02/Toy-Fair-2015-Mattel-MEGA-Bloks-015.jpg
http://news.toyark.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2015/02/Toy-Fair-2015-Mega-Bloks-Booth-070.jpghttp://news.toyark.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2015/02/Toy-Fair-2015-Mega-Bloks-Booth-065.jpg

> 2533274796029854;11:
> > 2533274883316074;8:
> > Maybe, have a three way battle with prometheans as well
>
>
>
> i think its very likely
>
> http://news.toyark.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2015/02/Toy-Fair-2015-Mattel-MEGA-Bloks-015.jpg
> http://news.toyark.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2015/02/Toy-Fair-2015-Mega-Bloks-Booth-070.jpghttp://news.toyark.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2015/02/Toy-Fair-2015-Mega-Bloks-Booth-065.jpg

yay!

> 2533274915643658;9:
> Yeah I would be down for Planet-Halo-Battle-Side-Front. And why not 100’s of players, Planetside 2 is getting a PS4 port. That game has a crap ton of players in one match.

Xbox One is only slightly weaker than PS4, I think it can pull it off.

> 2533274952179659;13:
> > 2533274915643658;9:
> > Yeah I would be down for Planet-Halo-Battle-Side-Front. And why not 100’s of players, Planetside 2 is getting a PS4 port. That game has a crap ton of players in one match.
>
>
> Xbox One is only slightly weaker than PS4, I think it can pull it off.

Yes, that is what I was saying… I like the idea of Planet-Halo-Battle-Side-Front for Xbox one… with the thousands of players that Planetside 2 has, of course… and the Xbox Juan is only weaker hardware wise, not in internet service ( Everyone knows that Xbox Live is better.) :slight_smile:

> 2533274915643658;14:
> > 2533274952179659;13:
> > > 2533274915643658;9:
> > > Yeah I would be down for Planet-Halo-Battle-Side-Front. And why not 100’s of players, Planetside 2 is getting a PS4 port. That game has a crap ton of players in one match.
> >
> >
> >
> > Xbox One is only slightly weaker than PS4, I think it can pull it off.
>
>
> Yes, that is what I was saying… I like the idea of Planet-Halo-Battle-Side-Front for Xbox one… with the thousands of players that Planetside 2 has, of course… and the Xbox Juan is only weaker hardware wise, not in internet service ( Everyone knows that Xbox Live is better.) :slight_smile:

Except when it gets hacked, god that sucks :frowning:

I don’t think 343 servers would be able to handle 200 players in one march. They could go along the lines with what battlefield does on the of with 32v32. It would be just like what bungie had planned for the “warfare” game mode. It would be pretty awesome if we could have a huge battle that takes place in space, and on ground. It would be like invasion on a much larger scale.

> 2533274814063318;16:
> I don’t think 343 servers would be able to handle 200 players in one march. They could go along the lines with what battlefield does on the of with 32v32. It would be just like what bungie had planned for the “warfare” game mode. It would be pretty awesome if we could have a huge battle that takes place in space, and on ground. It would be like invasion on a much larger scale.

Yeah, maybe my plan can work for 50 vs 50?

It’s a good idea but there’s no way the Xbox could handle it. I know they can at least to 64 player matches so that’s what I’m asking g for.

> 2533274952179659;1:
> In Halo 5 they should add a new multiplayer game mode playlist that I have thought of. In addition to the two main playlists (Team Slayer and Big Team Slayer) I think they should add another playlist that I call “Colossal Team Slayer”. Allow me to explain what Colossal Team Slayer.
>
> The team size will be huge, for example if the population of Colossal Team Slayer’s playlist is 600 people playing it. One team will have 300 people and the other will have 300 people.
>
> There will be two teams. Offense and Defense. Halfway through the game both teams will switch and get to play the other side. The Offense team will play as Covenant, and the Defense will play as the UNSC. Similar to Invasion from Halo Reach.
> The map will be set on two maps (as well as smaller maps inside these two major maps, such as the interior of a UNSC frigate during space battles for example). These two major maps consist of a Halo ring’s planetary surface, and the outer space surrounding the Halo ring. The goal of the offensive team is to fly their space ships from outer space down to the Halo Ring and glass the surface with super carriers. The defense’s job is to hold out and destroy the incoming enemies.
> There will be two battles going on at the same time on each map, this is the break down.
>
> OUTER SPACE:
>
> -Space Battles:
> The Offensive Team and Defensive Team will control space ships like vehicles and have a war in a huge map similar to the space map in the Long Night of Solace’s level from Halo Reach. The Defensive players will get to control UNSC Frigates and UNSC Halcyons (flying and shooting with them) and the Offensive players will control Covenant Super Carriers and Covenant Crusiers. The team size will be 200 vs 200. The map would be a large space map with a halo ring. The map will be similar to the long night of solace space battle mission from halo reach.
> These huge ships for both Offensive and Defensive will be maps of their own as well as being controllable vehicles at the same time. Players will be able to run around inside these ships in stardard FPS mode on foot and take control of additional turrets or controls on the ship to help the captain of the ship out. The bridge of each ship will work like a real bridge, all the players in the bridge will have to work together to fly the ships and shoot by being given a different task. Players on board these ships can also go to the hangar bay section and get on board a smaller ship and exit their big ship (they can get inside a longsword and fly off, or a seraph if they are on the offense team).
> When piloting the smaller ships, these players can fly to enemy ships in hopes of boarding them. There will inevitably be times when a bunch of defense small ships pass a bunch of offense small ships, resulting in a battle of squadrons small ships in space.
> If a small ship (longsword for example) successfully manages to get to an enemy big ship (covenant super carrier), regardless of team, they can land inside it, and exit their vehicle. Then when on foot, they will return to FPS mode and alongside other team mates that boarded the ship with them, they can traverse the enemy big ship and shoot the enemy crew members on board that ship, and because the big ship plays out as the size of a multiplayer map, players inside on both teams can fight in it. The objective of the players that boarded this ship, will be to find the bridge and kill the captain and the crew controlling it. When they do this they can take over the ship themselves and use it against the enemy. Alternatively they can try to destroy the ship from the inside by planting bombs.
> When an big ship get’s destroyed, the entire crew will die resulting in about 30 deaths at once. The crew or person from the opposing team that is responsible for that kill will hear the announcer (The announcer will be going crazy saying double kill, triple kill, multikill, ect MANY times over and over again as plenty of people died). Big ships on the offensive team will respawn after 10-15 minutes.
> The Defensive team’s big ships will be guarding the Halo ring and have the players controlling them to shoot at the Offensive team’s big ships. The Offensive team’s big ships will try to get past the Defensive team’s big ships and enter Halo’s atmosphere (which will trigger a loading screen when the come close enough to the Halo ring, and will load the second map, taking them out of the outer space section of the game, and into the planetary section of the game).
>
> PLANETARY:
>
> -Land battle:
> The battles on the ground of the Halo Ring will play out like big team battle (except instead of being 12 vs 12 the size will be more along the lines of 100 vs 100. Both offensive and defensive players will be fighting each other on the ground from the start of the match. The map will be as large Halo Reach’s forge world and big enough to fit 100s of players. Vehicles such as Pelicans and Phantoms will play a huge role as they will help transport other players around the huge map if they need a ride, as well as offering firepower. These dropships will be player controlled. All vehicles will be player controlled. The battles will also feature huge vehicles such as Scarabs. There will be plenty of vehicle battle on the ground as well as on foot battle in FPS mode.
>
> -Sky battle:
> Using the same map as the land battle, at a higher altitude in the skies above, players will be using banshees, phantoms, pelicans, hornets and falcons to shoot each other in the sky. As well as come to the ground to provide air support for their team (both offensive and defensive) against enemy ground vehicles or infantry.
>
> When big ships from OUTER SPACE leave their map and enter the PLANETARY map:
>
> When they are on the Offensive they players controlling them will have the option to start glassing the surface killing enemy players in the 100s (The announcer will be going crazy saying double kill, triple kill, multikill, ect MANY times over and over again). When the offensive team gets enough kills this way, they win the game. The defensive team wins by holding out against the enemy for 1.5 hours (players won’t need to play for 1.5 hours straight, they can leave the game when they want and come back later, another player will take their place when they join the game mid progress). Every 1.5 hours the teams switch between offense and defense.
>
> IS THIS IDEA UNREALISTIC AND SILLY?:
> Halo 5 is on the Xbox One, next generation. While my idea might be a bit unrealistic, if 343i uses the fundamentals of my idea but uses smaller numbers (reducing 100s of players to 10s instead, and using smaller maps) then the idea may be able to run on the Xbox One. Not to mention Halo Custom edition can run several of my ideas. Space battles (Halo CE Map Trepidation (space) - YouTube), Space Ships that are both maps and vehicles at the same time that requires a crew and captain to operate them (TOUR of DRACO in halo ce - YouTube). Scarabs and pelicans on giant land battles (Halo CE Extinction (ancient video) - YouTube). Halo Custom Edition runs on a 2001 video game engine, Halo 5 can surely do this as it’s a 2015 video game engine.
> Thank you for taking the time to read my idea. I hope 343i takes inspiration from it.

600 freaking players!? Are you drunk? lol I want a larger player count, maybe 32-60, but 600?? No offense dude but that would never happen… well maybe on the Xbox 20.

Dude, your xbox would blow up