New Halo 5 DLC IDEA!

I’ve come up with many ideas for a new halo DLC for halo 5 that is coming out. Im sure you’ve heard of military clans in halo. Well my idea is that you make a halo DLC called “Military Operation” or something like that. It will be awesome. A player can have an army or military group, decide what the ranks in the clan would be called, promote players, set raids on other clans, name their clan, chose clan colors, put players in different groups that THEY make, such as marine corps or army corps or spec ops, etc. You can raid other clans at any time if they have a certain setting on. Maybe even their own base that they make and progress. I suggest you look into it. Theres tons more you can do with this… dont you think 343 would love it!

No… Just no. Go to your corner before I whack a bad Recruit on the nose.

The most that a game should EVER do is support clans via allowing them to have the same tag (which Halo has done with same emblems/call tags). They also support groups already by having an aspect of matchmaking you with people who are also in groups, and around your same skill level. They already are doing what you want without having anything visible for them…

If you want to add some ‘military concept’ to your Halo community GO FOR IT! I know that I myself have a bunch of ideas for my own community that we will be implimenting with Halo 5, but it’s not 343’s job, and I want them to be more worried about GOOD DLC. No offense, but this isn’t worth 343’s time to make for us.

meh

Am I the only person who is against pre-planned paid DLC? Because I see a bunch of these threads about DLC ideas for a game that is still ~5 months away and it seems like folks are okay with expecting to put more than $60 into a game, before that game is even finished.

Do you guys enjoy getting financially shafted by season passes for content that should have just been included with the game to begin with, but was then intentionally left out to sell to you later?

> 2533274962334078;1:
> I’ve come up with many ideas for a new halo DLC for halo 5 that is coming out. Im sure you’ve heard of military clans in halo. Well my idea is that you make a halo DLC called “Military Operation” or something like that. It will be awesome. A player can have an army or military group, decide what the ranks in the clan would be called, promote players, set raids on other clans, name their clan, chose clan colors, put players in different groups that THEY make, such as marine corps or army corps or spec ops, etc. You can raid other clans at any time if they have a certain setting on. Maybe even their own base that they make and progress. I suggest you look into it. Theres tons more you can do with this… dont you think 343 would love it!

This isn’t Clash of Clans. Get that -Yoink- out of Halo.
As DLC? Are you kidding me? They should do clans, but only have clan tags, and maybe a clan page with stats. Maybe they could do that on Waypoint, but actually going so far as what you’ve suggested, it will become Destiny, and we know how that clan system turned out (I even started one, then realizing how useless it is).

> 2533274810150284;4:
> Am I the only person who is against pre-planned paid DLC?

No. I’m right there with you. Encouraging DLC is frowned upon… except by the bean ($$) counters.

Sadly, I’m a sucker for it, but don’t enable me!

> 2533274962334078;1:
> I’ve come up with many ideas for a new halo DLC for halo 5 that is coming out. Im sure you’ve heard of military clans in halo. Well my idea is that you make a halo DLC called “Military Operation” or something like that. It will be awesome. A player can have an army or military group, decide what the ranks in the clan would be called, promote players, set raids on other clans, name their clan, chose clan colors, put players in different groups that THEY make, such as marine corps or army corps or spec ops, etc. You can raid other clans at any time if they have a certain setting on. Maybe even their own base that they make and progress. I suggest you look into it. Theres tons more you can do with this… dont you think 343 would love it!

This sounds amazing! Can’t wait for it to be announced!

> 2533274910556989;6:
> > 2533274810150284;4:
> > Am I the only person who is against pre-planned paid DLC?
>
>
> No. I’m right there with you. Encouraging DLC is frowned upon… except by the bean ($$) counters.
>
> Sadly, I’m a sucker for it, but don’t enable me!

The really tragic part is that DLC is brilliant on paper. It was devised as a way to increase the longevity of a game by continuing to create and release content after your game launched. But some developers just get greedy and pervert that awesome idea by creating these “season passes”, wherein they plan, months ahead of their game’s launch, to sell people a set amount of DLCs, with a set amount of content each, later on. Typically it’s just stuff that should have been in the game in the first place, and was left out. Like Battlefield 4, half of the “new stuff” that included in DLCs was already in Battlefield 3. It makes me sick.

This would be wonderful, just not as a DLC though.

DLC shouldn’t be frowned on if:

• It’s a sizable piece of content that cannot be applied to a disk (Examples being Halo 3: ODST, and Dragon Age Origins)- If the material couldn’t be refined enough to make the final cut during the game’s time before it was applied as 'gold’Halo 5 isn’t not in ‘gold’ status, therefore 343 is still working, adding, and polishing on the game we are eagerly waiting for. While I was one of those people who wasn’t happy about Halo 4 having DLC that still had to be purchased by those who purchased the Limited Edition’s “All DLC included” deal, one thing that people need to realize with Halo games, is that for 99% of us, Halo games are WORTH MORE THAN MOST GAMES.

If you are part of Halo Waypoint’s forums, then that means that I can easily bet that you have spent more than triple the amount of hours playing one Halo game, than you had another game in your library you purchased for the same value.

DLC can be used to try to squeeze customers to pay more for a game’s content, and what we should be saying instead of crying out in indignation is these two questions:

1.) Was the game I purchased worth, or have higher value than the price I had to pay to acquire it?
2.) Is the DLC that the game offers something that is additional content to the game, or was it content that the developers purposely kept behind a price barrier?

If a game is worth more than the price we bought it for, then you shouldn’t be upset to buy more content for the game, especially if the game can be seen as a whole game prior to DLC.

You know what NO MORE CLANS I’m tired of getting clan messages and going up against them you can have the same emblem but calling yourself a clan is tiring to people who hate them and sometimes people and I myself destroy/make clans rage quit lol who else hate clans

Clans aren’t bad, poorly managed and ill guided clans are bad… But clans aren’t innately bad.

Didn’t read and assumed it’s something similar to the idiotic CoD Ghost’s clan wars