New Halo 4 Panel Info!

Courtesy of The Halo Council and Hylian.

http://halocouncil.com/f7/halo-4-panel-notes-4716/

*Halo trailer premiering in theaters July 29th.

*RPG Approach to Mp experience

*Customize to fit styles

*get max level cap- reenlist into specializations (sniper, gunner etc)

*10 lvl progressions

*unlock exclusive armor mods, emblems, early access via special edition

*Classic modes altered

*Regicide has king

*Mode specific assassinations: CTF: Knock player down, stab flag through head. Oddball: Uppercut with ball. Player disintegrates midair afterwards with these.

*Use a pistol while carrying a flag.

*Spartan Ops starts November 6th. 50 Missions.

*Visual Design working on limited edition inspired by USNC Infinity and *the Forerunner tech associated with it is, translucent.

*Working with matching limited edition wireless headset with USNC

*controller and matching triton headset

*Definite possibility for remade maps “at least once”, none on launch.

Note: This info is still being updated so expect more than what is listed currently. Check the THC thread for more updated info.

I hope the -Yoink- casuals and cod fans are happy. halo now has PRESTIGES.

-Yoinking!- dumb

happy waypoint? you all get a trophy now. thats the gameplay you casuals want.

“*You can use the pistol while carrying the flag now in ctf.”

That sounds interesting. I wonder how that will play out.

Impaling someone with the flag?
YES!

Hopefully having these “prestiges” means we don’t have the ridiculously long ranks from Reach. And maybe if you enlist into the “marksman” specialization (made that one up, just for an example) you unlock the dmr a lot earlier than you would otherwise. Could this be how it works?

*get max level cap- reenlist into specializations (sniper, gunner etc)
*10 lvl progressions
Well…

> Hopefully having these “prestiges” means we don’t have the ridiculously long ranks from Reach. And maybe if you enlist into the “marksman” specialization (made that one up, just for an example) you unlock the dmr a lot earlier than you would otherwise. Could this be how it works?

what is the difference between an extremely long ranking system and a prestige one?

the prestige is an artificial way to expand the ranking system, but if you have a long one to begin with there’s no reason for it.

> I hope the Yoink! casuals and cod fans are happy. halo now has PRESTIGES.
>
> -Yoinking!- dumb
>
> happy waypoint? you all get a trophy now. thats the gameplay you casuals want.

the prestiges in CoD were actually a good idea, the only problem is that they didn’t reward you in any way for doing so. as long as they give us SOME reason for re-enlisting/prestiging then I think it’ll be kewl.

These changes sound fun, here’s to hoping that they work properly.

> Hopefully having these “prestiges” means we don’t have the ridiculously long ranks from Reach. And maybe if you enlist into the “marksman” specialization (made that one up, just for an example) you unlock the dmr a lot earlier than you would otherwise. Could this be how it works?

all to keep casuals satiated.

> > Hopefully having these “prestiges” means we don’t have the ridiculously long ranks from Reach. And maybe if you enlist into the “marksman” specialization (made that one up, just for an example) you unlock the dmr a lot earlier than you would otherwise. Could this be how it works?
>
> what is the difference between an extremely long ranking system and a prestige one?
>
>
> the prestige is an artificial way to expand the ranking system, but if you have a long one to begin with there’s no reason for it.

If you don’t want to continue ranking up you don’t have to. I’m sure many people will be perfectly happy staying at the first prestige. It gives you choices.

Hmm reenlist into different specializations…interesting. I shall look further into this as time progresses.

> > > Hopefully having these “prestiges” means we don’t have the ridiculously long ranks from Reach. And maybe if you enlist into the “marksman” specialization (made that one up, just for an example) you unlock the dmr a lot earlier than you would otherwise. Could this be how it works?
> >
> > what is the difference between an extremely long ranking system and a prestige one?
> >
> >
> > the prestige is an artificial way to expand the ranking system, but if you have a long one to begin with there’s no reason for it.
>
> If you don’t want to continue ranking up you don’t have to. I’m sure many people will be perfectly happy staying at the first prestige. It gives you choices.

No. its a lzy way to make a ranking system.

> > > > Hopefully having these “prestiges” means we don’t have the ridiculously long ranks from Reach. And maybe if you enlist into the “marksman” specialization (made that one up, just for an example) you unlock the dmr a lot earlier than you would otherwise. Could this be how it works?
> > >
> > > what is the difference between an extremely long ranking system and a prestige one?
> > >
> > >
> > > the prestige is an artificial way to expand the ranking system, but if you have a long one to begin with there’s no reason for it.
> >
> > If you don’t want to continue ranking up you don’t have to. I’m sure many people will be perfectly happy staying at the first prestige. It gives you choices.
>
> No. its a lzy way to make a ranking system.

And thats a lazy way to spell lazy, but just because its casual friendly dosen’t mean its bad, don’t prestige if you don’t want too its your choice.

> > > > Hopefully having these “prestiges” means we don’t have the ridiculously long ranks from Reach. And maybe if you enlist into the “marksman” specialization (made that one up, just for an example) you unlock the dmr a lot earlier than you would otherwise. Could this be how it works?
> > >
> > > what is the difference between an extremely long ranking system and a prestige one?
> > >
> > >
> > > the prestige is an artificial way to expand the ranking system, but if you have a long one to begin with there’s no reason for it.
> >
> > If you don’t want to continue ranking up you don’t have to. I’m sure many people will be perfectly happy staying at the first prestige. It gives you choices.
>

I don’t see anything wrong with it. Sorry if you feel differently.

> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
>

I think you mean a progression system, not a ranking system.

its good for casuals because they are able to achieve the highest rank and its good for veterans because they have something to keep them interested, I think its a win/win if you ask me.

the one thing I really really hope they don’t do with this is make it so it takes away your customization options, lets hope 343 knows what they’re doing with this.

> > > > > Hopefully having these “prestiges” means we don’t have the ridiculously long ranks from Reach. And maybe if you enlist into the “marksman” specialization (made that one up, just for an example) you unlock the dmr a lot earlier than you would otherwise. Could this be how it works?
> > > >
> > > > what is the difference between an extremely long ranking system and a prestige one?
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > the prestige is an artificial way to expand the ranking system, but if you have a long one to begin with there’s no reason for it.
> > >
> > > If you don’t want to continue ranking up you don’t have to. I’m sure many people will be perfectly happy staying at the first prestige. It gives you choices.
> >
> > No. its a lzy way to make a ranking system.
>
> And thats a lazy way to spell lazy, but just because its casual friendly dosen’t mean its bad, don’t prestige if you don’t want too its your choice.

its not just Casual friendly it rewards people that play the game longer rather than those with skill. and even the cod kids are now saying halo is ripping them off. and i guarantee that they take all your -Yoink- when you prestige.

-Yoinking!- hilarious that this community is still -Yoink- riding them after all the changes to the game.

What does it mean to reenlist into different specializations? I know it’s prestige, but reenlist into what.

> > > > > > Hopefully having these “prestiges” means we don’t have the ridiculously long ranks from Reach. And maybe if you enlist into the “marksman” specialization (made that one up, just for an example) you unlock the dmr a lot earlier than you would otherwise. Could this be how it works?
> > > > >
> > > > > what is the difference between an extremely long ranking system and a prestige one?
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > the prestige is an artificial way to expand the ranking system, but if you have a long one to begin with there’s no reason for it.
> > > >
> > > > If you don’t want to continue ranking up you don’t have to. I’m sure many people will be perfectly happy staying at the first prestige. It gives you choices.
> > >
> > > No. its a lzy way to make a ranking system.
> >
> > And thats a lazy way to spell lazy, but just because its casual friendly dosen’t mean its bad, don’t prestige if you don’t want too its your choice.
>
> its not just Casual friendly it rewards people that play the game longer rather than those with skill. and even the cod kids are now saying halo is ripping them off. and i guarantee that they take all your Yoink! when you prestige.
>
> -Yoinking!- hilarious that this community is still -Yoink!- riding them after all the changes to the game.

Is it illegal to borrow ideas from other games? I didn’t think so. By now, you should realize that 343i is trying to reel in some of the CoD audience, but that does not mean in any way that it is no longer Halo.

I think these progression ranks are for spartan ops since spartan ops has a reach like ranking system where you unlock weapons.