New Halo 4 Leaderboards :: TopGunStats.com

Just finished putting up a basic Halo 4 Leaderboard site. Will add more as I go. I can’t seem to get a game list so you will have to manually add your tag to the list for now.

URL is TopGunStats.com.

Would like to hear feedback if you have any to offer.

~Stiffel

Nice work mate, I assume without and API you are screen scraping from the Waypoint site?

you don’t have assists at all, why not?

@Ozzy Onya A2Z - I wouldn’t exactly call it screen scraping. I’m loading in the servicerecord end point that returns an XML result that I consume.

@powningbeast10 - The servicerecord endpoint I’m using doesn’t include the assist information at this point. If they release a full API we should be able to add that.

~Stiffel

Does it only rank based on k/d?

@LeeringPaladin - You can sort any of the columns. But yes the TGS Rank is based off of k/d. If there is something else that’s more widely accepted to base the ranks off of I’m all ears.

~Stiffel

Added a new column to heading to see when the last time your stats were updated. Stats should get refreshed every 15 - 30 minutes. I expect the delay to go up as we add more users to the list. ~Stiffel

> Nice work mate, I assume without and API you are screen scraping from the Waypoint site?

Yea Ozzy!!!, keep up the good work!!!

I think something is wrong with the leaderboards. My KDR is about 13:1 as of now and it shows up as #1 until its finished loading, then it doesnt show up, but it still says the top guy is# 2.

Good job.

The new ranking system is in place. Click the info icon on the “TGS Score” heading to see details about how we calculate your TGS Score.

@LETHALxSAINTx. The initial javascript library was kind of a temporary solution until I could code out a paginated list with search. Once we got over 1000+ tags on the list the javascript library wasn’t cutting it. I’ve switched out the code so the site should be more responsive now. Oh and you are showing as the No. 1 rank on the site :-). Conrats! ~Stiffel

Added a Facebook like button on the site for those of you who want to help promote. ~Stiffel

Lethal saint how are you able to use a sniper so often? I have played way more than you and have not had the opportunity to touch a sniper as often?

Well, he plays lots of big team battle, so if I had to venture a guess… he’s probably using the ammo mod and pulling a sniper from the initial spawns.

Ammo mod gives your weapons enough ammo to carry you from one ordinance drop to the next.

> Just finished putting up a basic Halo 4 Leaderboard site. Will add more as I go. I can’t seem to get a game list so you will have to manually add your tag to the list for now.
>
> URL is TopGunStats.com.
>
> Would like to hear feedback if you have any to offer.
>
> ~Stiffel

Wish I could pull host a lot like these guys

Wow AbsoLuda is rated 11th. His streams are amazing.

This is good to see the pro players K/D ratio without having to go through waypoint.

Very nice job man.

Is there a list of Pro players that someone can link me? I would like to highlight them in the results.

Ok I’ve updated the equation to negatively impact players who have quit a large number of games based on the number of games you have played. Once again it uses standard deviations so as to judge you based on the rest of the leaderboard. Check out TopGunStats.com for more details about the new scoring update.

UPDATE: Updated all columns to be sortable. Also added a base score to everyone of 5000 to help counter players with negative scores. ~Stiffel

Looks awesome :smiley: