New Halo 4 Gametype--Dominance

There are only 2 Teams for this gametype and the maps are fairly large. There are 3 versions of Dominance like Command(like Invasion–but better), Territorial(Just like territories), and Contamination(Infection)

The Red and Blue Team have a Control Center where their armory and vehicles will be. However to make it more fluid there are also Respawn Zones like in Halo Reach (Respawn Zones will depend on author of map). For Objectives the 2 bases will be at the north and south sides of the map and the objectives are in the middle of the map to balance everything out. But what gives a twist to the game is there is a Currency system which will fully be usable throughout the whole game and you will never have to buy it again but you MUST be in the Control Center to buy the items.

Products include:
Weapons
Vehicles
A.A.
Equipment(like Turrets,Barricades,Health Antennas which will heal you when standing next to, etc.)
Soldiers
Fortifications and Upgrades

For Soldiers you can call in any of the following: Spartans, Covenant, and Marines.You also can choose where they will be dropped from the sky but it must be a flat ground. Each soldier has a different price and a limited amount so everyone is not spawning alot of dudes.

Fortifications and Upgrades are perks which can be bought such as improvements for yourself like higher shields or increased speed then for the Control Center perks include shields/defense system for your Control Center.

You get credits by killing people and finishing objectives but you get more depending on your special kill you get like Killing Sprees or Killionare.

You win only by 2 ways: Destroying the enemy Control Center or finish the objectives/capture all the territories.

The Matchmaking Obectives for both the teams can include:
1)Destroy enemy tower(Objective finished when first team destroys enemy’s tower)
2)Capture Neatral Base
3)Capture Intel and return to Control Center

The game will have a time limit leading victory for the team with the most kills and commendations if no other team finishes the objectives or destroys the other team’s Control Centers.

Zombie Mode is where the Blue Team are Flood and only defenders. It’s basically the same thing with the Control Center exept Weapons, Vehicles, and AA’s. However you may not turn into the Flood but your A.I. soldiers will but you do need them for the extra firepower as it will really be needed against the hordes of Flood (Real Life and A.I.) so it’s reccommended to protect them. Flood will have their own perks to buy like wall climbing, faster speed, and other things but only for themself.
For Zombie Mode Objectives:
1)Get a hold of vials and samples from a lab
2)Scavenge parts for the transporter vehicle
3)Wait till vehicle is fully contructed

Now your thinking about having a problem with A.I. in Matchmaking or Custom Games but look at Firefight and plus you can create A.I. Nodes so they set a path they can go(Killing Floor SDK) and they can sense objects so they don’t run into walls.

The game is fully customizable from maps to game variants just like any game variant in Reach for Custom Games.

Objectives will also depend on the author who created the map as they will be able to create their own objectives to the map just hope your friends can balance the map out for the game :slight_smile:

Your thoughts? Plus think of your own objectives I would like to put a list here of some really cool ideas from other people.

EDIT: For some explanations–

Everything has to be balanced. Buying weapons is not going to be that easy. “Now I’m strong” would have already been figured out because your team knows you deserved that weapon cause of the actions you made during the game to help the team win. Powerful weapons arent going to be cheap nothing will. You already need to know what you want to focus your money on even before the game starts. The things you buy will define who you will focus to be as like a “Sniper who buys fortifications for your Control Center.” I mean most gametypes in Halo Reach had to get loadouts especially Invasion where it took time to actually get better loadouts by Phase 3.

Just remember, especially for the kids, they will not get “cool” stuff unless they actually work hard for the team.

It shouldn’t have to lag, I mean the game is going to be very improved and bigger maps will not destroy the game. Look at Battlefield maps those are pretty big but they don’t lag. They can make their maps hold up.
Plus Bungie had a panel of the things they cut like a global battle like map: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZs8ryXP4kE watch at 7:43-8:42

Defense system for the Control Center will all be presets so there will be no Forging. For barricades its different as soon as you buy a barricade from the Control Center just a press of a button on the D-Pad will let you spawn it wherever you want in the map and it will spawn like in halo reach with the halographic animation.

These are some questions answered from other people who posted on this topic

Stick to the Halo Core please.

The first paragraph sounded interesting. A multiple-round objective game like Invasion, but with more different objectives, would be very cool.

But the whole point system and all that is not Halo. Halo is all about giving everyone a fair chance, not LOLGUYS, I BOUGHT THIS WEAPON, NOW IM STRONG LOL

> Stick to the Halo Core please.
>
> The first paragraph sounded interesting. A multiple-round objective game like Invasion, but with more different objectives, would be very cool.
>
> But the whole point system and all that is not Halo. Halo is all about giving everyone a fair chance, not LOLGUYS, I BOUGHT THIS WEAPON, NOW IM STRONG LOL

No Sir, everything has to be balanced. Buying weapons is not going to be that easy. “Now I’m strong” would have already been figured out because your team knows you deserved that weapon cause of the actions you made during the game to help the team win. Powerful weapons arent going to be cheap nothing will. You already need to know what you want to focus your money on even before the game starts. The things you buy will define who you will focus to be as like a “Sniper who buys fortifications for your Control Center.” I mean most gametypes in Halo Reach had to get loadouts especially Invasion where it took time to actually get better loadouts by Phase 3.

Just remember, especially for the kids, they will not get “cool” stuff unless they actually work hard for the team.

NO AA IN HALO 4!

> There are only 2 Teams for this gametype and the maps are fairly large. There are 3 versions of Dominance like Command(like Invasion–but better), Territorial(Just like territories), and Contamination(Infection)
>
> The Red and Blue Team have a Control Center where their armory and vehicles will be. However to make it more fluid there are also Respawn Zones like in Halo Reach (Respawn Zones will depend on author of map). For Objectives the 2 bases will be at the north and south sides of the map and the objectives are in the middle of the map to balance everything out. But what gives a twist to the game is there is a Currency system which will fully be usable throughout the whole game and you will never have to buy it again but you MUST be in the Control Center to buy the items.
>
> Products include:
> Weapons
> Vehicles
> A.A.
> Equipment(like Turrets,Barricades,Health Antennas which will heal you when standing next to, etc.)
> Soldiers
> Fortifications and Upgrades
>
> For Soldiers you can call in any of the following: Spartans, Covenant, and Marines.You also can choose where they will be dropped from the sky but it must be a flat ground. Each soldier has a different price and a limited amount so everyone is not spawning alot of dudes.
>
> Fortifications and Upgrades are perks which can be bought such as improvements for yourself like higher shields or increased speed then for the Control Center perks include shields/defense system for your Control Center.
>
> You get credits by killing people and finishing objectives but you get more depending on your special kill you get like Killing Sprees or Killionare.
>
> You win only by 2 ways: Destroying the enemy Control Center or finish the objectives/capture all the territories.
>
> The Matchmaking Obectives for both the teams can include:
> 1)Destroy enemy tower(Objective finished when first team destroys enemy’s tower)
> 2)Capture Neatral Base
> 3)Capture Intel and return to Control Center
>
>
> The game will have a time limit leading victory for the team with the most kills and commendations if no other team finishes the objectives or destroys the other team’s Control Centers.
>
> Zombie Mode is where the Blue Team are Flood and only defenders. It’s basically the same thing with the Control Center exept Weapons, Vehicles, and AA’s. However you may not turn into the Flood but your A.I. soldiers will but you do need them for the extra firepower as it will really be needed against the hordes of Flood (Real Life and A.I.) so it’s reccommended to protect them. Flood will have their own perks to buy like wall climbing, faster speed, and other things but only for themself.
> For Zombie Mode Objectives:
> 1)Get a hold of vials and samples from a lab
> 2)Scavenge parts for the transporter vehicle
> 3)Wait till vehicle is fully contructed
>
> Now your thinking about having a problem with A.I. in Matchmaking or Custom Games but look at Firefight and plus you can create A.I. Nodes so they set a path they can go(Killing Floor SDK) and they can sense objects so they don’t run into walls.
>
> The game is fully customizable from maps to game variants just like any game variant in Reach for Custom Games.
>
> Objectives will also depend on the author who created the map as they will be able to create their own objectives to the map just hope your friends can balance the map out for the game :slight_smile:
>
> Your thoughts? Plus think of your own objectives I would like to put a list here of some really cool ideas from other people.

Sounds to much like Crysis 1 powerstruggle. 343i will likely never do this, everytime someone says something like this the devs never pay attention. Also will likely with that amount of content cause tremendous fps issues, so I’m saying NEVER. Not that it’s a terrible idea, it just won’t ever happen.

> > There are only 2 Teams for this gametype and the maps are fairly large. There are 3 versions of Dominance like Command(like Invasion–but better), Territorial(Just like territories), and Contamination(Infection)
> >
> > The Red and Blue Team have a Control Center where their armory and vehicles will be. However to make it more fluid there are also Respawn Zones like in Halo Reach (Respawn Zones will depend on author of map). For Objectives the 2 bases will be at the north and south sides of the map and the objectives are in the middle of the map to balance everything out. But what gives a twist to the game is there is a Currency system which will fully be usable throughout the whole game and you will never have to buy it again but you MUST be in the Control Center to buy the items.
> >
> > Products include:
> > Weapons
> > Vehicles
> > A.A.
> > Equipment(like Turrets,Barricades,Health Antennas which will heal you when standing next to, etc.)
> > Soldiers
> > Fortifications and Upgrades
> >
> > For Soldiers you can call in any of the following: Spartans, Covenant, and Marines.You also can choose where they will be dropped from the sky but it must be a flat ground. Each soldier has a different price and a limited amount so everyone is not spawning alot of dudes.
> >
> > Fortifications and Upgrades are perks which can be bought such as improvements for yourself like higher shields or increased speed then for the Control Center perks include shields/defense system for your Control Center.
> >
> > You get credits by killing people and finishing objectives but you get more depending on your special kill you get like Killing Sprees or Killionare.
> >
> > You win only by 2 ways: Destroying the enemy Control Center or finish the objectives/capture all the territories.
> >
> > The Matchmaking Obectives for both the teams can include:
> > 1)Destroy enemy tower(Objective finished when first team destroys enemy’s tower)
> > 2)Capture Neatral Base
> > 3)Capture Intel and return to Control Center
> >
> >
> > The game will have a time limit leading victory for the team with the most kills and commendations if no other team finishes the objectives or destroys the other team’s Control Centers.
> >
> > Zombie Mode is where the Blue Team are Flood and only defenders. It’s basically the same thing with the Control Center exept Weapons, Vehicles, and AA’s. However you may not turn into the Flood but your A.I. soldiers will but you do need them for the extra firepower as it will really be needed against the hordes of Flood (Real Life and A.I.) so it’s reccommended to protect them. Flood will have their own perks to buy like wall climbing, faster speed, and other things but only for themself.
> > For Zombie Mode Objectives:
> > 1)Get a hold of vials and samples from a lab
> > 2)Scavenge parts for the transporter vehicle
> > 3)Wait till vehicle is fully contructed
> >
> > Now your thinking about having a problem with A.I. in Matchmaking or Custom Games but look at Firefight and plus you can create A.I. Nodes so they set a path they can go(Killing Floor SDK) and they can sense objects so they don’t run into walls.
> >
> > The game is fully customizable from maps to game variants just like any game variant in Reach for Custom Games.
> >
> > Objectives will also depend on the author who created the map as they will be able to create their own objectives to the map just hope your friends can balance the map out for the game :slight_smile:
> >
> > Your thoughts? Plus think of your own objectives I would like to put a list here of some really cool ideas from other people.
>
> Sounds to much like Crysis 1 powerstruggle. 343i will likely never do this, everytime someone says something like this the devs never pay attention. Also will likely with that amount of content cause tremendous fps issues, so I’m saying NEVER. Not that it’s a terrible idea, it just won’t ever happen.

It shouldn’t have to lag, I mean the game is going to be very improved and bigger maps will not destroy the game. Look at Battlefield maps those are pretty big but they don’t lag. They can make their maps hold up.

Plus Bungie had a panel of the things they cut like a global battle like map: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZs8ryXP4kE watch at 7:43-8:42

you dont have to be strong, just get a splazer on a wharthog, LOL GUYS? I JUST BLEWZ UP THE REDS PUMA TROLOLLOLOL I GOTS A ROCKET LAUNCHER I ARE STRONGEST! LOL.

though i did like the barricades idea though, you get to buy defences for your base after certain amount of kills, but if you “buy” them in any means of the word, theyd have to be preset, as you cant go into forge mode with them or you could just fling it at an enemy.

> > > There are only 2 Teams for this gametype and the maps are fairly large. There are 3 versions of Dominance like Command(like Invasion–but better), Territorial(Just like territories), and Contamination(Infection)
> > >
> > > The Red and Blue Team have a Control Center where their armory and vehicles will be. However to make it more fluid there are also Respawn Zones like in Halo Reach (Respawn Zones will depend on author of map). For Objectives the 2 bases will be at the north and south sides of the map and the objectives are in the middle of the map to balance everything out. But what gives a twist to the game is there is a Currency system which will fully be usable throughout the whole game and you will never have to buy it again but you MUST be in the Control Center to buy the items.
> > >
> > > Products include:
> > > Weapons
> > > Vehicles
> > > A.A.
> > > Equipment(like Turrets,Barricades,Health Antennas which will heal you when standing next to, etc.)
> > > Soldiers
> > > Fortifications and Upgrades
> > >
> > > For Soldiers you can call in any of the following: Spartans, Covenant, and Marines.You also can choose where they will be dropped from the sky but it must be a flat ground. Each soldier has a different price and a limited amount so everyone is not spawning alot of dudes.
> > >
> > > Fortifications and Upgrades are perks which can be bought such as improvements for yourself like higher shields or increased speed then for the Control Center perks include shields/defense system for your Control Center.
> > >
> > > You get credits by killing people and finishing objectives but you get more depending on your special kill you get like Killing Sprees or Killionare.
> > >
> > > You win only by 2 ways: Destroying the enemy Control Center or finish the objectives/capture all the territories.
> > >
> > > The Matchmaking Obectives for both the teams can include:
> > > 1)Destroy enemy tower(Objective finished when first team destroys enemy’s tower)
> > > 2)Capture Neatral Base
> > > 3)Capture Intel and return to Control Center
> > >
> > >
> > > The game will have a time limit leading victory for the team with the most kills and commendations if no other team finishes the objectives or destroys the other team’s Control Centers.
> > >
> > > Zombie Mode is where the Blue Team are Flood and only defenders. It’s basically the same thing with the Control Center exept Weapons, Vehicles, and AA’s. However you may not turn into the Flood but your A.I. soldiers will but you do need them for the extra firepower as it will really be needed against the hordes of Flood (Real Life and A.I.) so it’s reccommended to protect them. Flood will have their own perks to buy like wall climbing, faster speed, and other things but only for themself.
> > > For Zombie Mode Objectives:
> > > 1)Get a hold of vials and samples from a lab
> > > 2)Scavenge parts for the transporter vehicle
> > > 3)Wait till vehicle is fully contructed
> > >
> > > Now your thinking about having a problem with A.I. in Matchmaking or Custom Games but look at Firefight and plus you can create A.I. Nodes so they set a path they can go(Killing Floor SDK) and they can sense objects so they don’t run into walls.
> > >
> > > The game is fully customizable from maps to game variants just like any game variant in Reach for Custom Games.
> > >
> > > Objectives will also depend on the author who created the map as they will be able to create their own objectives to the map just hope your friends can balance the map out for the game :slight_smile:
> > >
> > > Your thoughts? Plus think of your own objectives I would like to put a list here of some really cool ideas from other people.
> >
> > Sounds to much like Crysis 1 powerstruggle. 343i will likely never do this, everytime someone says something like this the devs never pay attention. Also will likely with that amount of content cause tremendous fps issues, so I’m saying NEVER. Not that it’s a terrible idea, it just won’t ever happen.
>
> It shouldn’t have to lag, I mean the game is going to be very improved and bigger maps will not destroy the game. Look at Battlefield maps those are pretty big but they don’t lag. They can make their maps hold up.
>
> Plus Bungie had a panel of the things they cut like a global battle like map: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZs8ryXP4kE watch at 7:43-8:42

But look at all the in-game features your adding. BF has features like that but there in the game menus an -Yoink-, this is actualy in the game. This is the kinda of gametpe for PC games like Crysis 1 and such. And they still won’t, greedy little microsoft will keep them from doing because people don’t like change in games even if it’s good. And microsoft wants from 343. Console exclusives are designed to sell not tyo be fun. Just look at C.o.D, BF, Killzone, Resistace and even Halo itslef all generic shooters just different styles of them.

You cant be so sure about Microsoft being like that its just a consideration they can take. Reach had many new things like loadouts and stuff

So it’s like firefight, you earn points but you can spend them.

> So it’s like firefight, you earn points but you can spend them.

I don’t think so much firefight as you have to attack to win but defend at the same time to survive

I am not going to bother reading that post since I know I won’t like it, but Dominance is a very bad name for a game type

> I am not going to bother reading that post since I know I won’t like it, but Dominance is a very bad name for a game type

Very nice man, I sware just posting an idea for a gametype and people can’t control themselves

bump for hopefully better replies…

any thoughts?