New Guardians Info

So what’s new? Marlo was essentially confirmed I’d say. And he was confirmed to be hunting the Chief. But in what way? I don’t think he’s trying to kill him, I don’t think the Arbiter would be a part in that. And yes I said Arbiter, THE ARBITER IS BACK!!! An truly awesome moment. Plus we’re getting a Beta!

EDIT: I watched it again and no not hunting him to kill him. Certainly in the positive sense. Something about master chief being essential for their future. EPIC.

Seemed to me that he was trying to find the Chief and bring him back. From what the Arbiter said something fairly serious has happened (the Flood) and they need the Master Chief to save the galaxy…again.

Two seperate story lines in the campaign like in Halo 2 seems likely as well.

Yea I don’t think he was hunting him, but simply trying to find him. Something big is going down in Halo 5 (most likely the flood returning) and they need John to help save the galaxy again.

The armor seemed to fit better in the cinematic for the Halo 5 beta. I hope it does, it kinda bothered me in Halo 4.

And we have a name at least for the ONI Spartan. arbiter said either Agent Clark or 8 o’clock.

The new spartan is Marlowe, AKA Agent Clark.

> And we have a name at least for the ONI Spartan. arbiter said either Agent Clark or 8 o’clock.

It’s Agent Locke and that’s his codename. His real name is Marlowe who will be the star in Ridley Scott’s digital feature Halo Nightfall. Frankie confirmed this earlier in a Spike TV interview.

Did he ever say anything about Marlowe being playable?

> Did he ever say anything about Marlowe being playable?

Not that I’m aware of but it seems likely considering how much Halo 2 was present in the trailer.

Halo 5 Campaign may end up being the biggest ever. People are saying it will be two playable characters like H2, but we may play as Marlowe, Chief and Arby. The more different perspectives and equally shared screen time, the better.

> Did he ever say anything about Marlowe being playable?

I imagine that the character that puts the Master Chief in the background on the Promotional Art would end up being playable.

One does not simply make the Master Chief in the background without substantial cause.

> Halo 5 Campaign may end up being the biggest ever. People are saying it will be two playable characters like H2, but we may play as <mark>Marlowe, Chief and Arby</mark>. The more different perspectives and equally shared screen time, the better.

That would be almost too awesome.

I doubt it will happen though, probably just Marlowe and Chief.

Assuming that Marlowe is on Sanghelios, it would be pretty redundant to have two point-of-views in the exact same setting.

I’m not expecting (nor wanting, really) to have the Arbiter be playable in Halo 5.

> Assuming that Marlowe is on Sanghelios, it would be pretty redundant to have two point-of-views in the exact same setting.
>
> I’m not expecting (nor wanting, really) to have the Arbiter be playable in Halo 5.

You never know, Arby might split and go off to another location like Halo 2. There were times when we played as Chief, but computer AI Arby was assisting (though we never switched povs in the same setting).

I can’t believe the Arbiter is back…but then again I believe it :slight_smile: