New Game Play + Commentary = Entertainment for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlm6Pwnjpz8

Enjoy tell me what I could do better

Personal opinions should remain out of commentaries. They really ruin the dialog. Also, have a script because you aren’t very good at ad-libbing.

For the video, watching you shoot at your own team on purpose, teabagging and also talking about a gametype you aren’t even playing in the video really makes it fail on so many points.

Harsh feedback is harsh.

> Personal opinions should remain out of commentaries. They really ruin the dialog. Also, have a script because you aren’t very good at ad-libbing.
>
> For the video, watching you shoot at your own team on purpose, teabagging and also talking about a gametype you aren’t even playing in the video really makes it fail on so many points.
>
> Harsh feedback is harsh.

He’s got it.

Commentaries are hard to make. In my opinion they aren’t interesting in the first place and everyone and their mother makes commentaries.

It’s a start though. Everyone has to start somewhere. Learn from your mistakes. I’ve made plenty of bad things but it just made me better.

> In my opinion they aren’t interesting in the first place and everyone and their mother makes commentaries.

This. If I open up a Halo video and hear commentary, I usually shut it down right away without watching.

Firstly, I am not going to stop.

People on my list do enjoy them, so again I ask what I should do to improve not stop.

Secondly I am a reviewer, not a commentator, this is just a hobby. I write reviews for a website and review any game anyone asks me to.

Thanks for replying at least.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9U26SkKtsw

Perhaps this is better?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSgbxyfbOEs&feature=related

This is a bit more reviewing style.

You really need to improve.
There are many facts you need to get right. You also need to respect others. Did you get your rank reset?
Your voice also lacks something…

Alrighty here are some tips from me:

Your voice needs a little work. Of course, some people have a natural “radio voice” and some don’t. If you don’t then you need to actually try to sound interesting to your audience. There were points where I heard that in you, and there were others where your voice sounded very bored.

Like stated before, commentaries are a tough thing to break into. You are targeting a very limited audience, both due to the fact that there are popular YouTubers out there who do their own commentaries and the fact that it is very overdone so people have become bored with them.

Practice makes perfect. Try tweaking your style, see what triggers a positive reaction with your audience. I’ve only personally done two commentaries and neither were “skill” commentaries but if you’re interested you can check one out here.

One trick I found that was unique and worked well is to pause every now and then and take a breather. Let your audience see the action for themselves. Give them a break for a change and pop in with a comment only when you need to.

> You really need to improve.
> There are many facts you need to get right. You also need to respect others. Did you get your rank reset?
> Your voice also lacks something…

^^What he said.

Also, your reviews are not very relevant which makes the “review” portion of your videos pretty useless. Perfect example is the Halo Wars review video you posted around here last week. What is the point of doing a review on a video of a game two years after it came out? Same thing with your overview of Slayer and Shotty Snipers. Who is your target audience? Xbox owners who have never played Halo? What’s next, a video guide for Super Mario Brothers?

As for the commentary, the first video is just a lot of rambling and complaining about being reset. I didn’t find it very interesting.

If anyone here cares to foot my game reviewing bill Ill review any game you want on any game system.

Even when I get a new game somtimes my reviews dont get over 1000 views, nothing I can do about that I dont have but about 800+ Subscribers.

But I have only been around a year and just got my HD PVR

THanks for you help guys and remember I am not giving up my hobby, your support helps me continue.

> Alrighty here are some tips from me:
>
> Your voice needs a little work. Of course, some people have a natural “radio voice” and some don’t. If you don’t then you need to actually try to sound interesting to your audience. There were points where I heard that in you, and there were others where your voice sounded very bored.
>
> Like stated before, commentaries are a tough thing to break into. You are targeting a very limited audience, both due to the fact that there are popular YouTubers out there who do their own commentaries and the fact that it is very overdone so people have become bored with them.
>
> Practice makes perfect. Try tweaking your style, see what triggers a positive reaction with your audience. I’ve only personally done two commentaries and neither were “skill” commentaries but if you’re interested you can check one out here.
>
> One trick I found that was unique and worked well is to pause every now and then and take a breather. Let your audience see the action for themselves. Give them a break for a change and pop in with a comment only when you need to.

Thank you very Much green skull, would you mind commenting on my 4 games of Arena Ill be uploading here this week?

Dude, seriously? Why are you bashing how people choose to play the game and acting like Arena is a bad thing?Who cares if people put some importance on their Arena rank how does it effect you?

This thread should be locked, you sound like a close-minded individual and I have never heard such ignorant comments in my life. This sounds like a Bnet thread on Bungie flaming people for the way they choose to play the game. A little tip, next time you do a commentary comment on the gameplay leave your ignorant personal opinions to yourself.

> Dude, seriously? Why are you bashing how people choose to play the game and acting like Arena is a bad thing?Who cares if people put some importance on their Arena rank how does it effect you?
>
> This thread should be locked, you sound like a close-minded individual and I have never heard such ignorant comments in my life. This sounds like a Bnet thread on Bungie flaming people for the way they choose to play the game. A little tip, next time you do a commentary comment on the gameplay leave your ignorant personal opinions to yourself.

And you sound like someone who wants to do nothing but argue.

I asked for input on how to improve not what you thought about what I said.

My opinion is my opinion, yours is yours if you dont enjoy it then just leave it alone.

Watched it, my reaction? Meh… Definitely needs improvement

Almost everyithng I can think of has been mentioned. All I have to say is you’re somebody I would love to argue with.

Ω