New game mode idea for Halo 5! PLEASE READ!

This is a game mode I have been brainstorming with just a little bit. It is in no way a flawless or even a complete design.

So basically this mode is a replacement for Spartan Ops and Firefight. You start the game and spawn into a HUGE map with up to 4 other friends. You only start with an assault rifle and a pistol and there is a huge war going on between the UNSC and the Covenant/Prometheans on various sections of the map.

This is the idea of your objective: Time is running short, Spartan! We’re deploying your team in the hopes that you will turn the tide of this battle in our favor, get to it!

This is where you will notice a big timer on the top of your screen, you have [insert time here] to complete every primary objective on the map. Now these objectives can vary greatly, it can be things like planting a bomb on an anti-air cannon or even saving a group of marines from certain death. If you FAIL any primary objective, it’s game over for you and your friends.

Some things like saving an entrenched group of marines might be high priority on the list, forcing you to react quick and immediately get to that part of the map to respond to the situation. This would be a randomized thing so even bombing that anti-air cannon could be high priority (just an example).

So far you might be thinking ok cool AR starts and a huge map with a timer? You’re kidding me right? Well here’s the solution: There would be various armory outposts always held by enemy forces that can be used for your own benfit once the outpost area has been cleared of all enemies. So now you can load up on some weaponry so you can have a fighting chance XD. You can also use whatever vehicles were at the armory and there will almost always be a warthog. Now you can traverse the map quicker and respond to that high priority objective!

So now you are going out and trying to complete everything in time so you don’t fail. Have fun! :smiley:

I’d like to imagine that this huge map your playing on is a giant island, think Silent Cartographer only BIGGER and many more paths to take.

So this pretty much sums up the main idea I am trying to get across to everyone! This is still very much just an idea that can be messed around with a little bit. Maybe the Xbox One is powerful enough for features such as drop pods or even wraiths being deployed to your position to kill you when you are doing well.

I have an extremely fresh idea in my head that once you complete EVERY objective, it’s up to you to make it to extraction in a short time. Now I would want this to capture the feeling of the Warthog escape in Halo CE. Maybe with every enemy on the map instantly turning into hyper aggresive mode and desperately trying to kill you before you escape.

So what does everyone think? I apologize for the wall of text and thanks for reading!

Doing things like planting a bomb on the AA gun should grant a bonus like air strikes or added troop(Marine) drops to help with other objectives.

> Doing things like planting a bomb on the AA gun should grant a bonus like air strikes or added troop(Marine) drops to help with other objectives.

I like the idea of getting more marines to help with a push! Very nice!

Fantastic! I absolutely love this idea. This is exactly the kind of thing that would make Halo King of FPS once again! You should be on 343’s design squad. This would be brilliant in the game, and I think it could also have some sort of HUB, like a generic starting arena where players can buy gear, weaponry etc. and then go (teleport?) into this huge map where the battle begins.

Also there could be destroyed ships etc. where you can scavenge for more gear and weaponry.

> Fantastic! I absolutely love this idea. This is exactly the kind of thing that would make Halo King of FPS once again! You should be on 343’s design squad. This would be brilliant in the game, and I think it could also have some sort of HUB, like a generic starting arena where players can buy gear, weaponry etc. and then go (teleport?) into this huge map where the battle begins.
>
> Also there could be destroyed ships etc. where you can scavenge for more gear and weaponry.

Thank you so much! I like the idea of coming across a downed pelican maybe once or twice and getting some goodies :smiley:

Very nice idea, maybe you can secure a UNSC base that the covenant have taken over and after you clear out all the covenant you and your team mates get some heavy weapons (rockets, snipers, shotguns etc) along with a warthog =)

> Very nice idea, maybe you can secure a UNSC base that the covenant have taken over and after you clear out all the covenant you and your team mates get some heavy weapons (rockets, snipers, shotguns etc) along with a warthog =)

Thats the idea! Happy you like it :slight_smile:

The more heavy/deadly weapons and vehicles that the base houses, the more numerous and higher ranking the enemies become that are defending that particular outpost.

You’re going to have to work for that rocket launcher XD

Glad everybody likes it so far! (not so secretly a bump in disguise)