New Forum Feature - 343 Notification Icons

Hello everyone!

As we stated in the latest Halo Bulletin, we are looking for ways to improve our flow of communication with you, the community. Recently you may have noticed a small change to the forums that will aid in delivering this goal.

In the Profile section of each post that an Administrator (343 employee) makes, you will see a giant “343 Industries” stamp underneath their forum avatar. Picking out 343 posts in each thread has become that much easier.

In addition to the change to individual posts, we’ve also made it easier for you to view whenever a 343 employee has posted in a thread by adding a new icon. While browsing through your favorite sections of the forums, you may see threads with an icon that says “343” on it. When you see this icon it means that an official 343 employee has posted in that particular thread.

We hope you enjoy this new feature as much as we do!

looks good, keep up the good work 343!

That’s purrty

I think that’s good Idea :smiley: Telling us someone important is in the room and everyone should listen up! :slight_smile:

Oo! What if I had stamp as well saying erickyboo [:D]

Nice update, not too obstructing.

Way to make it even better:

Option to jump to first 343i post.

> Way to make it even better:
>
> Option to jump to first 343i post.

Aaahhh… that’s a good idea. Not sure if it’s doable but we’ll make the request. Thanks for the suggestion!

Should be doable. Most forums have that, such as Riot Games and Blizzard just to name a few.

Edited by Moderator - Please refrain from posting things that do not relate to the topic at hand.

*Original post, click at your own discretion.

I really hope that doing away with Halo 2 Vista opens the option of Halo 2 HD, Halo 2 Anniversary, Halo 2 Arcade, or whatever you would like to call it.

Halo 2 with classic matchmaking on the 360 needs to happen. Even if the playlists were just…

Big Team Battle
Team Slayer (Slayer, SWAT, Snipers)
Team Objective
Rumble Pit (Slayer, Armory, oddball, KOTH)
Team Doubles

If Halo 2 ever did make it’s way back online please keep voting out of it. Halo 2 maps were all so good but voting would limit the maps to Lockout, Midship, Turf in smaller games and Coagulation 24/7 in BTB.

Please 343… Bring back the love of my life. Having Halo 2 back on xbox live would be like finding my long lost brother. Except that Halo 2 is a video game and I never lost my brother.

SOOOO… This reply was in the discussion topic for the new bulletin. When I went back to the discussion for that I couldn’t find this post their so I looked under my “last 10 posts” thing under my profile and this is where the comment ended up? This make no sense to me at all. I’ve never even clicked on this thread in my life…

Great work!

(Judging by my experiences in this thread, it seems you guys also fixed the “Thank” button. Nice!)

Doesn’t work yet on mobile devices like my iPhone. But it’s a great improvement on the forum’s readability.

I might just be crazy but…neither are showing up on Safari on my Mac. They showed up just fine on my iPhone but not here?

> I might just be crazy but…neither are showing up on Safari on my Mac. They showed up just fine on my iPhone but not here?

Its not just you, im using Chrome here and the icons are not showing either. Ctrl+F5 doesn’t change anything either (thought the old icons may have been cached).

EDIT: they are showing up now :slight_smile:

> I might just be crazy but…neither are showing up on Safari on my Mac. They showed up just fine on my iPhone but not here?

It took a while for them to show up for me. Not sure I did anything for it to happen, just time.

Now people can see you guys are responding to posts and can’t play the “343 doesn’t even read the forums” card.

> Doesn’t work yet on mobile devices like my iPhone. But it’s a great improvement on the forum’s readability.

It works just fine on my iPod touch

> > Doesn’t work yet on mobile devices like my iPhone. But it’s a great improvement on the forum’s readability.
>
> It works just fine on my iPod touch

Now it works for me, too. Maybe a caching problem.