New Form Of Network Manipulation That Needs To Be Addressed!

Someone is sharing game saves of LASO runs and teaching people how to mod them so they can use them on their profiles.

If you take a look at his game history for just the last two days you’ll see that there is literaly 1000’s of people using these game saves to get the weekly challenge done.

If you then click on any of those names that show up as playing a Co-op game you’ll see that they are ALL challenge resetting without it counting towards the total number of challenges completed but still giving them the credits.

I think this is a big reason why it’s not getting picked up by the banhammer. Also a reason I think they aren’t being detected is because a lot of them are avoiding the credit cap to not draw attention to themselves.

*This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not link to modified content.

I saw this getting posted all over Bungie and didn’t see anything from any ninjas that actually knew about it.

Does 343i plan on doing anything about these cheaters?

wow that was fast i was just about to say something about linking modded content lol

Damn thats not good.

Ya, this probably isn’t good :expressionless:

That’s a bummer, but honestly, how does this effect you? They are playing campaign LASO runs, not Matchmaking. True, they are getting more cR than they probably should; but when you think about it, it doesn’t really effect you. You are not impacted in any way by it from the looks of it, unless you are partaking in it.

Yes, it should be stopped. Don’t worry about it though. You’ll just cause yourself stress that isn’t needed.

I usually don’t care too much about the modding, because I figure if that’s the kind of gamers they want to be so be it. It doesn’t affect my gaming, per se. However, this does bother me a bit.

I have spent quite a bit of time trying to get a weekly challenge on one of the levels with LASO. I will admit I have consulted a guide for this, and watched a player’s walkthrough for some of them. In other words a lot of time invested, and unfortunately I have not been able to finish one. So it is frustrating at the thought that some players will be able to gain the achievement CRs or not with just a click of a mouse.

I hope something is done about it, but in the end, for me, I will conquer that level on LASO with no cheating, and oh how good it will feel!

I think this is terrible even if it doesn’t affect me.

LASO runs were supposed to be the hardest thing Reach could throw at us and now can be done it seconds I’d say that just isn’t right.

> I think this is terrible even if it doesn’t affect me.
>
> LASO runs were supposed to be the hardest thing Reach could throw at us and now can be done it seconds I’d say that just isn’t right.

It’s a strange universe we live in. None the less, Halo WayPoint millita groups have been informed and are enroute to solve this manipulation.

I hope you’re right. I’ve notified Urk and as many ninjas as I could over on B.net, and PM’d BS angel about it.

I don’t know who the employees are around 343 but can someone bring this to there attention please?

> I don’t know who the employees are around 343 but can someone bring this to there attention please?

Well, since your original post has already been edited by a moderator, I’m going to guess they’ve already seen it.

> I think this is terrible even if it doesn’t affect me.
>
> LASO runs were supposed to be the hardest thing Reach could throw at us and now can be done it seconds I’d say that just isn’t right.

Well, just think of it this way: The weekly challenges are not “real” LASO runs. The Mythic Community won’t be recognizing these runs, legit or not, since they do not require the “Blind” skull, and they can be completed using save + revert.

Why is this guy allowed to continue to cheat and help others cheat as well?!

So I guess no one at B.net can do anything and told me to go to Xbox to stop him.

As far as I know, Bungie has software to detect mods. It may take awhile, but I’m pretty sure they’ll be caught.

> > I think this is terrible even if it doesn’t affect me.
> >
> > LASO runs were supposed to be the hardest thing Reach could throw at us and now can be done it seconds I’d say that just isn’t right.
>
> Well, just think of it this way: The weekly challenges are not “real” LASO runs. The Mythic Community won’t be recognizing these runs, legit or not, since they do not require the “Blind” skull, and they can be completed using save + revert.

Thank you for pointing this out. I had wondered about this since I have been using Tyrant’s walkthrough to help me complete one, and I wondered about the fact he had no HUD during gameplay. Do you know if once I finally do join the Mythic Community, and I complete the level during a weekly challenge, that I will get credit for that challenge.

> > > I think this is terrible even if it doesn’t affect me.
> > >
> > > LASO runs were supposed to be the hardest thing Reach could throw at us and now can be done it seconds I’d say that just isn’t right.
> >
> > Well, just think of it this way: The weekly challenges are not “real” LASO runs. The Mythic Community won’t be recognizing these runs, legit or not, since they do not require the “Blind” skull, and they can be completed using save + revert.
>
> Thank you for pointing this out. I had wondered about this since I have been using Tyrant’s walkthrough to help me complete one, and I wondered about the fact he had no HUD during gameplay. Do you know if once I finally do join the Mythic Community, and I complete the level during a weekly challenge, that I will get credit for that challenge.

Yes, you will. Even though the challenges do not require the Blind skull, you will still get the credits if you complete the level with the Blind skull on.

Also keep in mind that you can save and revert after dying, and still get the challenge credits when you finish the level.

To be recognized by the Mythic community, you must finish the level with ALL skulls on, and NO deaths or reverts.

Ok looks like it’s up to you 343. Xbox LIVE says it’s up to the developers.

*This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not call out specific individuals.

Please 343 do something about this it’s another LASO Weekly and he’s up to it again look at the game historyand you’ll see that everyone using it is also challenge resetting.

Are you going to sit by for another week while this cheater and all the other cheaters are allowed to manipulate the network and mod their profiles?

*This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not call out specific individuals.