New Forge World?

I think 343 should release a new forge world map pack. This would have almost identical forge world maps but instead of grasslands it would be snow, or desert.

i mean i love the original forge world, but it wouldn’t be cool to make a snowier version of blood gulch?

> I think 343 should release a new forge world map pack. This would have almost identical forge world maps but instead of grasslands it would be snow, or desert.
>
> i mean i love the original forge world, but it wouldn’t be cool to make a snowier version of blood gulch?

I’m a big fan of deserts because sandtrap is my favourite map. This is a brilliant idea.

And because 343i are listening to the community and forge worlds with different environments are one of the biggest things being asked for, I reckon they might just do it.

> This would have almost identical forge world maps but instead of grasslands it would be snow, or desert.
>
> i mean i love the original forge world, but it wouldn’t be cool to make a snowier version of blood gulch?

And then people will complain that it is too white/tan. :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously, though, I’d like a new Forge World, but no matter what 343 does, it won’t be enough for most of the Halo community. They’ll find some way to bash it.

> > This would have almost identical forge world maps but instead of grasslands it would be snow, or desert.
> >
> > i mean i love the original forge world, but it wouldn’t be cool to make a snowier version of blood gulch?
>
> And then people will complain that it is too white/tan. :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> Seriously, though, I’d like a new Forge World, but no matter what 343 does, it won’t be enough for most of the Halo community. They’ll find some way to bash it.

It isn’t a matter of being bashed or being too this or that. It needs a great deal of variety. I suggested an island, nothing else. No mainland in sight, just water all around. Divide the island into four quadrants - N, E, W, & S. N is tropical rain forest. South is desert island (you know this is typical of many islands). West has a lagoon, east has cliffs and dramatic landscape. Fire spewing volcano in the center, and a couple of forerunner structures on two sides, with nothing on the other two, except maybe a bamboo hut.

True, no snow, but a lot of variety in one map.

> > > This would have almost identical forge world maps but instead of grasslands it would be snow, or desert.
> > >
> > > i mean i love the original forge world, but it wouldn’t be cool to make a snowier version of blood gulch?
> >
> > And then people will complain that it is too white/tan. :stuck_out_tongue:
> >
> > Seriously, though, I’d like a new Forge World, but no matter what 343 does, it won’t be enough for most of the Halo community. They’ll find some way to bash it.
>
> It isn’t a matter of being bashed or being too this or that. It needs a great deal of variety. I suggested an island, nothing else. No mainland in sight, just water all around. Divide the island into four quadrants - N, E, W, & S. N is tropical rain forest. South is desert island (you know this is typical of many islands). West has a lagoon, east has cliffs and dramatic landscape. Fire spewing volcano in the center, and a couple of forerunner structures on two sides, with nothing on the other two, except maybe a bamboo hut.
>
> True, no snow, but a lot of variety in one map.

Best idea ever!! and we should have an option to decide change an object to foreunner, Human or covenant and when you change the color it’s not just little lights that you don’t see that changes! and Not only grey object PLEASE! and we should have Weather effects like rain, thunderstorm, Blizzard,wind storm (the trees bend objects that are not fix move: a cone will move more than a big crate obviously), night (really dark with a lot of clouds in the sky) and morning (sun rises)

This would be the best map ever <3

If you ask me, I would like an area the size of the Colosseum, with a larger budget and a better ability to handle the objects on screen.

I would like to see some foliage in the mix too, instead of just rocks.

I don’t think we need anything from anybody. We just got the best game EVEr an we don’t need anymore maps.

> I don’t think we need anything from anybody. We just got the best game EVEr an we don’t need anymore maps.

Best game ever? Lolno.

Don’t need maps? Lolyes.

EDIT: Just to clarify that last line: a new Forge World would absolutely be wonderful, but we do not need one.

> > I don’t think we need anything from anybody. We just got the best game EVEr an we don’t need anymore maps.
>
> Best game ever? Lolno.
>
> Don’t need maps? Lolyes.
>
> EDIT: Just to clarify that last line: a new Forge World would absolutely be wonderful, but we do not need one.

well, ya, we don’t NEED one, but 343 NEEDs to give us one if they want to keep Halo fresh with new material on a some what regular basis. This is driven from their own marketing needs.

I personally loved Foundry, and the Human theme in general. A huge version of Foundry would be awesome.

I think 343 should just extend Forge World by opening up the barrier so you could go across the ocean to the grasslands and the mountain. The grasslands would be like a giant outdoor version of Foundry. Also they should double the budget and add new items. This would be perfect for the title update.

I want sandbox that is all I want from them, really. And if I don’t.

IMA GO -Yoink!- ON DEM!!!

I want sandbox that is all I want from them, really. And if I don’t.

IMA GO CRZY ON DEM!!!

Have new maps not just a new look like have sandtrap in the sand variant and Sidewinder for a snow variant and have a new normal forge map with sand and snow.Have new objects like the objects from sandbox and have the objects from avalanche in the snow variant.

> I think 343 should just extend Forge World by opening up the barrier so you could go across the ocean to the grasslands and the mountain. The grasslands would be like a giant outdoor version of Foundry. Also they should double the budget and add new items. This would be perfect for the title update.

The problem is, all the stuff that is far away is not textured to the same detail as the rest of F.W.
It would be like stepping in to the original Halo CE.
This is a screen shot i took from outside of F.W.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=8099328&player=Astrogenesis

As you can see, some of it isn’t evan painted!