New Forge World on Halo Anniversary

Along with the 7 maps they have announced I would like to see another Forge World. Give us a map that has sand and snow so we can get a little diversity in the Forge community. It doesn’t have to be gigantic like Forge World is, just something to tide us over that looks different than every other map out there. Ideally all the 7 classic maps will be fully forgeable with unique environments. Even if they gave us two copies of each new map like Sandtrap and Sandbox I would be very happy. Thoughts?

I wish.

> I wish.

Same.

crosses fingers for a perfect Blood Gulch remake

I hope it’s a re-make of the one with the elephants, although for the love of everything make the elephants go faster please

What if all 7 of the remakes are in a new forge world?

I would probably perma-AFK myself

> What if all 7 of the remakes are in a new forge world?

As much as I want that statement to be utterly true, sadly it cannot, the game itself can barely keep up with a few hundred objects on forge world, having a forge world with 7 maps on it isn’t going to work very well.

Oh imagine if they got Every halo 3 map and linked them together so you could travel between all of them, Oh now that would be epic to fly around in, Imagine the infection games

I dont mean that all of the maps would be on one variant, I mean that it could be like forge world with a blank variant and 7 extra variants for each remake.

yeah but still, sweet maps right? favourite for me was the pit, Imagine if they brought that back but larger with full forge capabilatys?

> crosses fingers for a perfect Blood Gulch remake

facepalm

It would be nice to see a Snow World. I miss snow levels so badly.

I’m… dreaming… of a white… Forge World…
So I can build maps in the snow…

(a small+medium+large in 1 Covenant-High Charity themed Forge World 2.0 would be nice)

I’ve got a significantly better idea. Remember Sandbox, how the crypt lied below and then there was an upper invisible level to forge on in addition to the main level? This is a way to add a new Forge space.

In the recent podcast, the 343i guys were talking about how they were making additions and changes to the original Halo maps when in Reach, but such additions could easily be removed through forge, allowing for a pixel perfect remake (except graphically superior). They went on to mention how in the backs of Beaver Creek they’ve added small teleporter rooms, and have place gravity lifts originally where the teleporters were.

This concept with forge has given me an idea. Similar to the crypt, there could be a hidden block in the ground that opens up to more Forge space or a rock blocking a pathway to a larger Forge area on these maps. This way, the original maps would have spaces outside of the map boundaries that could allow for Forging, opening up large possibilities, but could be blocked off during matchmaking to maintain the classic feel.

This would resolve frame rate issues as well (the game has less to load - in fact, significantly less than Forge world). These extra spaces wouldn’t be huge, and could be on par with the Forge maps from Halo 3. Also, by having extra spaces on different maps, different color pallets can be used, escaping the bland grays repetitive grass and rocks of Forge world. This is just an idea I’m putting out there? What could be added. Any improvements?

the one loophole is that you really cant tell the map to load a certain part of it-it would load the whole thing. i dont see why they cant just make the maps forgeable though.

If your reading this and your on Halo waypoint, go to Intel on the top of the screen, then look at the picture under the title universe, thats what I want the new forge world to look like.

> (a small+medium+large in 1 Covenant-High Charity themed Forge World 2.0 would be nice)

AGREED! Bro

> the one loophole is that you really cant tell the map to load a certain part of it-it would load the whole thing. i dont see why they cant just make the maps forgeable though.

It is going to load the whole map. But because the maps will be small (similar to how Forge World was originally suppose to be with smaller sections), the loading won’t be an issue.

> In the recent podcast, the 343i guys were talking about how they were making additions and changes to the original Halo maps when in Reach, but such additions could easily be removed through forge, allowing for a pixel perfect remake (except graphically superior). They went on to mention how in the backs of Beaver Creek they’ve added small teleporter rooms, and have place gravity lifts originally where the teleporters were.

… THEY CHANGED BATTLE CREEK!!! … *sigh. Even Bungie was smart enough not to change the gameplay flow on their only remake Reflection (aka Ivory Tower).

There was NOTHING wrong with it, now they went and changed it. Makes you wonder if they changed anything in their Halo: CE Campaign remake…

… they better not have, else I’m not buying it.

Back to the topic.
Making geographic changes to a map via updates or other such means would be waaaaaaaaay too buggy and glitchy and prone to crashes and lag issues. If there’s going to be any Forge map related content, it will be brand new and on a disk, and the new objects won’t be interchangeable with the Forge World.