New Forge World Needed

I loved the way Halo: Reach and Halo 3 Forge was, but Halo 4 just didn’t come to my interests.

343 please make a Sandbox type sized Forge World. I loved the wide openness in Halo 3 and you didn’t have to worry about running into a wall or tree and what not. In Halo: Reach there was water you can Forge by and big gap to build your non-land stuff on in between the Coliseum and Paradiso, if you know what I mean. Halo: Reach was just so smooth and perfect, didn’t have to worry about any loading. If Halo: reach had Magnets and Item Duplication, that would be the most perfect Forge World ever, but we are talking about Halo 4 here.

The 3 Forge maps 343 provided for Halo 4 just doesn’t compete with Sandbox or Forge World.

The reasons why I dislike the Halo 4 Forge is because, there is already structures already input in the map your suppose to make your stuff on, which ruins the originality of everything. I hate to see a giant tower in Erosion that I cant delete, and the random slope holes were very unneeded. Ravine, is a VERY SMALL area to Forge in, and the the Forerunner type structure they put adds on the statement of things just being unoriginal when your building on it. Its not like the Coliseum on Reach where it was a giant box you can build in, that was ok. But the Forerunner structure with side holes and a small base in the back of it just doesn’t appeal to my taste. Impact was ok accept for that random circle base that looks like Warthogs can fly through the holes of if you put a ramp with some gravity zones in the inside.

All we need is a Forge World that has a lot of wide open area to make any size custom maps, maps big enough so you don’t have to use any of the landscape that is provided in the Forge itself. Make it so there isn’t a 10 second kill barrier at the top of the maps sky box.(Iv’e died so many times trying to forge close to the barrier lol) We all like to build tall structures, ehh? Also, add a good portion of water, similar to Forge World on Reach.

Did I ever mention that I love to build GIANT maps?

=======================
Other Forge Improvements:

• Add all the Exclusive items from Impact, Ravine and Erosion into the new Forge World

• Make it so when you grab a item, your Monitor doesn’t zoom out so much (very annoying working with a grid and other large objects)

• Consider taking the shadow lighting feature off Forge? (the loading in between monitor and spartan is just so very timely, or fix it so it doesn’t have to load? :D)

(More stuff will be added on to the list of improvements, just give me time to think, lol, or you can suggest if you want :D)

To all of the Halo community and the diehard Forge fans, hear me out and spread the word! I need everybody’s support to make this happen and or even have a chance for this to come true. Keep on playing Halo! Everybody have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Impact -.-

I agree 100% with OP.
Also, am I the only one who wants an underwater themed map? Just as a visual effect, like looking up and seeing waves, water sounds when you move instead of the usual footsteps, and so forth?

> Impact -.-

Not having a terrain editor at this point is spitting in the face of everybody who uses the forge. Giving three templates that combine to less than half the size of the forge world is even worse. Filling the small templates with permanent structures that dont line up with the coordinates or rotation, and having no open space to create your own vehicle maps is a step too far.

There should be one template: The background of Ravine with no island, just water(that you can use) and you raise/lower/flatten terrain to make your own island before adding pieces. FarCry 3 makes Halo 4 look like a $5 set of MegaBlocks.

Vote YES for new and improved Forge World!

2 of the 3 maps don’t even work properly.

> Not having a terrain editor at this point is spitting in the face of everybody who uses the forge. Giving three templates that combine to less than half the size of the forge world is even worse. Filling the small templates with permanent structures that dont line up with the coordinates or rotation, and having no open space to create your own vehicle maps is a step too far.
>
> There should be one template: The background of Ravine with no island, just water(that you can use) and you raise/lower/flatten terrain to make your own island before adding pieces. FarCry 3 makes Halo 4 look like a $5 set of MegaBlocks.

^This
I love the Far Cry editor, still have to pick up 3, and that has placable npc’s now :smiley:

I really want a terrain editor in Halo, like what’s stopping them?

How do you bump threads on here? just wondering lol

a new forge piece should be hills. like literal hills, i remember people using the golf holes as a hills and it always sucked. they should make a giant flat surface with a border and whatever but it’s completely flat and we can place our own hills wherever. there could be like 3 hill sizes and it would be awesome. i like the new forge but agree that the maps aren’t that good. what they did was make some land and add a giant empty space next to it. the empty space is good for floating creative -Yoink- like a lockout remake or whatever but the land terrain is garbage. magnets are awesome, but then they screw that up by not keeping the fine adjustments feature. i feel that most piece don’t necessarily go together even though they are designed as such. 45 angled object don’t align with other object as they should

I lost faith in Certain Affinity making forge better when they said that having a flat ground to work with could be intimidating to new forgers.

Screen lag is still an issue.

The lighting goes away after a certain object count. (based on polygons)

Forge had a lot of potential. So many setbacks from Reach’s forge system it’s sad.

How do you Copy and Paste something and make it worse?

Halo 4 Forge is currently uninspiring, lacklustre and severely limited.

It’s especially frustrating considering what a great job Bungie did with Forge 2.0 in Reach - by rights Halo 4 Forge should be bigger, better and more customisable than even that. Instead we’ve taken a step backwards. Very disappointing.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

bump, since i cant find a bump button anywere

^BUMP^

I agree with all, but dynamic lighting is amazing, doesnt add any lag (a little delay between moniter and spartan but that doesnt matter) and even if we all hated it, you cant just take it out of the game guys. All I ask is bigger maps, a unsc flying vehicle (pelican? falcon? hornet? broadsword?)and better custom game options. other than those 3 things, forge is yet again amazing!

bump

I quite like the idea of a simplistic map, a bit like ravine but a bit more space further out to sea (possible those nice looking islands?) But obviously on a new and slightly different map.

Also if the make a new map, does this mean they can add new vehicles? Kinda like BF3. Just a thought.

No their is no need for it.

i completely agree with everyone.when i forge it feels as if all the work is done for me, do to all of the preset features in the maps.halo 3 and reach maps were perfect.i dont feel creative anymore.every time i forge i fly away from the map and make it in the air with the little room im left with.we need huge maps i expected maps twice the size of forge world.we need maps like sandbox with muliple flat levels and forge world.us forgers get extremely bored after credit limit.we a play ground

^hes my twin by the way^

Thank you for your support everyone! Lets make our voices heard by 343!