NEW FORGE WORLD IN HALO 4?

Does anyone think there will be another version of Forge World or Sandbox in Halo 4?
Also do you think forge will improve by adding things such as changable weather or more-unrealisticly; terrain changing?

If there is…Please do not let it be like reach… toooo much grey…

Halo 4 should have symmetrical maps, like halo 2/halo 3.

Maybe, depends on the innovation.

> If there is…Please do not let it be like reach… toooo much grey…
>
> Halo 4 should have symmetrical maps, like halo 2/halo 3.

> Maybe, depends on the innovation.

Yes, we need Innovation, not Imitation

I dont want a Forge world or any Forge maps, I want Forge to be a map maker/edit rather than it just being an editor.

Also before people say “That would take up too much space” The maximum custom Far Cry 2 maps took up was around 2MB

I’m leaning towards no. I imagine the next forge world to be one or more blank canvases, containing only a skybox, and maybe a large stretch of flat land. From there we could be given objects like 2x2x2 Grass, or 10x10x.5 Steel, etc, as well as (hopefully) scaling abilities.

What ever it is, im sure it will be awesome.

I would want the new forge world to be like this.

• You can set the environment of the map. Snow, jungle, desert etc

• There is a HUGE underground, empty forerunner installation. It would look like the underground part of the “Halo” level from Halo: CE[A], where the bridge that you have to activate is

• Skyboxes. You can set the skybox of the level. You could have fleets of ships fighting, different planets, Nebulas, High Charity etc

• Set the level as Night, Sunrise, Day and Sunset

• An ability to delete ALL of the barriers, even the kill-timer barriers.

That’s just a few ideas I have.

Instead of a “Forge World”, I’d like to see a Forge City made. Combining urban maps from past Halo games and building them into a city. There could also be other play areas thought up that a player can build and combine into. Probably would get a more interesting forge pallet than gray blocks too.

> reach… toooo much grey…

It always amuses me to see this.

Well how about this:

DO WHAT HALO 3 DID WITH FORGE!

Every Map had a different pallet (except for only a few) In Halo Reach, only a few had forge objects on them, and THEY WERE ALL THE SAME!

They should not make a huge map made specifically for forging.

They should not make a 2 - 3 forge maps ship with game.

What they should do is have every map have forging capabilities, and each map having a different theme of items.

Three to five Forge Worlds – each with different terrain, objects, and visual themes – would work well.

That might sound insane, but if it can be done, it should be. It would offer even more variety than Forge World did while neatly avoiding Forge World’s most crippling disadvantage: grey.

> If there is…Please do not let it be like reach… toooo much grey…
>
> Halo 4 should have symmetrical maps, like halo 2/halo 3.

WANT TO THANK MORE THAN ONCE.

The custom maps in Reach were all terrible looking because of the lack of variation. Perhaps 343i could take pieces of similar size but give different categories with different appearances? Or perhaps an option in the context menu for any item to change the type?

> I would want the new forge world to be like this.
>
> - You can set the environment of the map. Snow, jungle, desert etc
>
> - There is a HUGE underground, empty forerunner installation. It would look like the underground part of the “Halo” level from Halo: CE[A], where the bridge that you have to activate is
>
> - Skyboxes. You can set the skybox of the level. You could have fleets of ships fighting, different planets, Nebulas, High Charity etc
>
> - Set the level as Night, Sunrise, Day and Sunset
>
> - An ability to delete ALL of the barriers, even the kill-timer barriers.
>
> That’s just a few ideas I have.

These are very good ideas.

> Three to five Forge Worlds – each with different terrain, objects, and visual themes – would work well.
>
> That might sound insane, but if it can be done, it should be. It would offer even more variety than Forge World did while neatly avoiding Forge World’s most crippling disadvantage: grey.

Agreed, however I can’t shake the feeling that they will drastically change the way “Forge” works. I think they will go partway between the forge we know and love, and an actual map editor. Things like scaling, history, axis lock, and ability to fly through objects, as well as possibly removing the Slayer aspect to forging.

Being able to build our own ‘natural geometry’ would be amazing.

> > I would want the new forge world to be like this.
> >
> > - You can set the environment of the map. Snow, jungle, desert etc
> >
> > - There is a HUGE underground, empty forerunner installation. It would look like the underground part of the “Halo” level from Halo: CE[A], where the bridge that you have to activate is
> >
> > - Skyboxes. You can set the skybox of the level. You could have fleets of ships fighting, different planets, Nebulas, High Charity etc
> >
> > - Set the level as Night, Sunrise, Day and Sunset
> >
> > - An ability to delete ALL of the barriers, even the kill-timer barriers.
> >
> > That’s just a few ideas I have.
>
> These are very good ideas.

Too bad none of them are really plausible.

I would like to see Sand, Snow, Water, and Forerunner biomes

Forge has to improve. It won’t be a Halo game to the best of its abilities unless everything get improved but most of all. The core of halo needs to somewhat improve as well.