New Forge World Coming With Halo: CEA Speculation

For those who haven’t seen the massive influx of threads about the new gameplay footage, briefly take a few minutes to view them.

As others have pointed this out on the forum, it could be the case that the multiplayer maps added are part of a much larger entity.

In this video, Beaver Creek Gameplay Footage, from 1:25 to 1:33, the camera pans towards the added teleporter cave engrained into the rock wall. It then starts panning upward, appearing to be an aperture in the ceiling of the cave; it appears there is a much larger area through this hole than one might expect. Further reinforcing this idea is the logical question of why an orifice would be in this otherwise enclosed area (obviously excluding the entrances).

People have also observed the skyboxes in the maps varying maps appear to be semblant between Beaver Creek, Hang 'Em High, and Timberland. I personally think maps like Beaver Creek and Timberland could be part of a larger Forge World, but Damnation and probably Hang 'Em High would be there own maps.

Frank O’ Connor has also further iterated that the maps in Halo: CEA will be significantly more Forge oriented than other maps (similar to how Tempest was a great map to Forge on).

Other pieces of the mystery surrounding what Halo: CEA and the TU will bring is here:
Powerful Pistol Evidence

> For those who haven’t seen the massive influx of threads about the new gameplay footage, briefly take a few minutes to view them.
>
> As others have pointed this out on the forum, it could be the case that the multiplayer maps added are part of a much larger entity.
>
> In this video, Beaver Creek Gameplay Footage, from 1:25 to 1:33, the camera pans towards the added teleporter cave engrained into the rock wall. It then starts panning upward, appearing to be an aperture in the ceiling of the cave; it appears there is a much larger area through this hole than one might expect. Further reinforcing this idea is the logical question of why an orifice would be in this otherwise enclosed area (obviously excluding the entrances).
>
> People have also observed the skyboxes in the maps varying maps appear to be semblant between Beaver Creek, Hang ‘Em High, and Timberland.
>
> Frank O’ Connor has also further iterated that the maps in Halo: CEA will be significantly more Forge oriented than other maps (similar to how Tempest was a great map to Forge on).
>
> Other pieces of the mystery surrounding what Halo: CEA and the TU will bring is here:
> Powerful Pistol Evidence

This is a huge possibility, however, the area were the camera looks up also is awfully similar to Rat Race from Halo 1 as shown in this picture: http://www.s7.directupload.net/images/110816/4bjl96rx.png/

If I may, I also have another theory on this, where the Overshield & Active Camo are placed on Beaver’s Creek, if you look at the rocks in the little hole in the bigger rocks, you can see they don’t match the lighting of them.

This leads me to believe that the rocks are forged and are deleteable meaning we can explore behind it, plus the fact of Rat Race as well, it could mean multiple maps in one, for e.g. Rat Race & Beavers Creek together?

Or as you said, a new Forge World with extra evidence from my theory.

I’m not too sure about Rat Race returning, but I have noticed how the maps have several forgeable rocks. However, I presume those rocks next to the powerups are just rocks that connect into the tunnels in the side of the map.

> I’m not too sure about Rat Race returning, but I have noticed how the maps have several forgeable rocks. However, I presume those rocks next to the powerups are just rocks that connect into the tunnels in the side of the map.

They don’t look like it, the tunnels seem to link behind the Camo & OS and in the room you mentioned about the hole in the roof, there is a health pack on the left side with a Health Pack Holder which as far as I am aware, are not a forgeable object in ANY map and trying to place your own health pack in there isn’t possible on other maps.

In other words, I don’t think it will be deleteable.

Little Moa, can you rephrase? I’m not really sure what you mean.

> Little Moa, can you rephrase? I’m not really sure what you mean.

Sorry, it didn’t make much sense to me, it’s hard to explain it to be honest.

You know a Health Pack on a wall?

You see after you pick it up, it has a white holder thing behind it, they are not deleteable or spawnable in Reach on any map, I am saying that they will most likely not be spawnable in Beavers Creek and meaning that the wall it’s attached to is Geometry and not forged.

Give me a minute, I will get an in-game screenshot of what I mean, give me a few minutes.

Okay, now I understand what you’re saying. But I’m talking about the rocks that are next to the power ups; they probably connect to the tunnels in the side of the map (not at the back where the teleporters are).

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=22479533&player=The%20Little%20Moa

That is what I am referring to, it is what the Health Pack is held onto the wall with.

The wall of beavers creek with the Health Pack on has that onto the wall, as it isn’t forgeable on other maps and it most likely won’t be on this map, supports that the wall it is held on is geometry and not a forge piece.

> Okay, now I understand what you’re saying. But I’m talking about the rocks that are next to the power ups; they probably connect to the tunnels in the side of the map (not at the back where the teleporters are).

Oh, consider my Health Pack stuff pointless then :stuck_out_tongue:

> http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=22479533&player=The%20Little%20Moa
>
> That is what I am referring to, it is what the Health Pack is held onto the wall with.
>
> The wall of beavers creek with the Health Pack on has that onto the wall, as it isn’t forgeable on other maps and it most likely won’t be on this map, supports that the wall it is held on is geometry and not a forge piece.

Yes, that back wall will not be forgeable (identifiable by the difference in its textures), but I will not be surprised if there are larger areas beyond what we see in Forge World.

Fans have been demanding original maps. They’ve also been pestering for a new Forge World. Logically, putting 2 and 2 together, it couldn’t be an irrational decision to say that some of the new maps are going to be a part of a new Forge World.

I would love to see this be a new Forge World.

> > http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=22479533&player=The%20Little%20Moa
> >
> > That is what I am referring to, it is what the Health Pack is held onto the wall with.
> >
> > The wall of beavers creek with the Health Pack on has that onto the wall, as it isn’t forgeable on other maps and it most likely won’t be on this map, supports that the wall it is held on is geometry and not a forge piece.
>
> Yes, that back wall will not be forgeable (identifiable by the difference in its textures), but I will not be surprised if there are larger areas beyond what we see in Forge World.
>
> Fans have been demanding original maps. They’ve also been pestering for a new Forge World. Logically, putting 2 and 2 together, it couldn’t be an irrational decision to say that some of the new maps are going to be a part of a new Forge World.

I remember a while back 343i hinting another type of Forge World but everyone seemed to have forgot about it, apparently it would be a ‘huge covenant’ themed map.

Link for “Covenant Forge World”?

> Link for “Covenant Forge World”?

This was a while ago, let me have a look around the interwebz, will edit this post when I find.

EDIT: http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/news/blog/the-defiant-map-pack-and-more-coming-soon-to-an-emerald-city-comicon-near-you/18662

Check out Sunday on there, I have no idea what that turned out to actually be but I know it wasn’t shown to the Public.

Rumours of it being a Covenant Forge World which wouldn’t be surprising.

I have to say, I’m not super excited at the prospect of another Forge World. I was so excited for Blood Gulch, Ascension, and Sanctuary to be returning in Reach. It had me on a high horse about the game that Bungie knew which maps to bring back into the fold. Then I finally got to play them, and they were simply quite mediocre. Eventually, I learned that Bungie had originally planned to give all five multiplayer maps their own special treatment, with unique textures, etc, but they didn’t because they wanted to create Forge World. This caused me to hate that Forge World ruined my maps.

So I don’t mind if 343 wants to make a new Forge World, but please, just make a new Forge World, guys. Don’t give us any built-in maps, specifically not remakes of old and glorious maps. Forge World ruined the feel of those maps for me.

Obviously that was a mistake and I am pretty sure 343i will improve on it. Secondly, the new maps already have different colors other than gray, blue, green, and a few shades of brown. If there is a Forge World, I believe it can be safe to say that there will be more than gray pieces.

I just hope frame rate issues aren’t a problem at all.

Forge World was done due to time constraints.

@Little Moa

That was a public demo for the Defiant Map Pack.

> @Little Moa
>
> That was a public demo for the Defiant Map Pack.

Was it? Just that it was ‘The Map’, must have only showed one map off?

I think it forgot the word “pack” after that. But let’s get back on topic before we are further derailed.

> I think it forgot the word “pack” after that. But let’s get back on topic before we are further derailed.

Ah, I see, thanks for clearing that up for me.