New Forge maps in BTB

As I’m sure you’re all aware -And if you’re not now you will be.- that new fan made forge maps have been put on the Big Team Battle playlist. I’ve played most if not all of them and I just wanted to say: Thank you to all the people who worked on these maps, they’re very fun to play on and the remake maps fill me with nostalgia until manly tears well up xD. It’s especially awesome that the people responsible for these maps have done it just for the hell of it, they have the tools and the vision to create these maps. I can’t imagine how long it must’ve taken to get all the little details just right, and again the fact that you all have done ths just for the sake of creating and enjoying Halo is amazing. I hope that you guys see this and know your work is appreciated, Spartans.

Small addition to this: Fan made Griffball maps have also been created and while I’ve seen them I haven’t played them, so I didn’t include them. Due to the fact that all I can really say about them at the moment is that they look really kick -Yoink-. !

how many new btb maps are there ?

> 2533274871165695;1:
> As I’m sure you’re all aware -And if you’re not now you will be.- that new fan made forge maps have been put on the Big Team Battle playlist. I’ve played most if not all of them and I just wanted to say: Thank you to all the people who worked on these maps, they’re very fun to play on and the remake maps fill me with nostalgia until manly tears well up xD. It’s especially awesome that the people responsible for these maps have done it just for the hell of it, they have the tools and the vision to create these maps. I can’t imagine how long it must’ve taken to get all the little details just right, and again the fact that you all have done ths just for the sake of creating and enjoying Halo is amazing. I hope that you guys see this and know your work is appreciated, Spartans.

Yeah, kudos to the forgers! They did amazing jobs!

> 2533274820441404;3:
> how many new btb maps are there ?

I think there are six new maps:

• Altar (Remake/Re-imagined version of Sandtrap from Halo 3)
  • Boulevard (ODST-style map)
  • Eagle Square
  • Fracture
  • Scavenger (Remake/Re-imagined version of Wreckage from Halo 4)
  • Viking (Remake/Re-imagined version of Valhalla/Ragnarok from Halo 3/Halo 4)They additionally reworked the old BTB maps such as Deadlock (different colour scheme, changed weapon Placement etc.)I hope, I didn’t mess the Information up :wink:

My favourites are Altar, Scavenger (which actually feels unique and genuine) and Viking.

I made Viking for two specific reasons, which I’m sure stand for anyone who makes maps and shares them. It’s not for the hell of it but because we genuinely love forging and sharing our work with the community. To have my maps so well recieved to the point that one is now in matchmaking is truly humbling and I’m happy to have been of service but it’s thanks to the community that our creations get so far. So thank YOU.

Also consider that Viking is just a remake and that real credit is due to those who have designed their maps from the ground up. Remaking is easy compared to making a map that plays well.

Also just for a little fyi, I believe I’ve put over 100 hours of forging time into Viking and enjoyed almost every minute of it.

viking is the only map i haven’t gotten yet and i haven’t played the others enough yet to really get a good feel

that said, i still don’t like br starts in H5 btb, the maps just aren’t that large and with the movement speed, it just doesn’t work. Scavenger is beautiful but i keep dying seconds after spawning and have no idea where i’m getting lit up from…some of that is my poor map knowledge but still, i can barely gather my bearings before getting smoked.

the new deadlock is definitely an improvement

I really like fracture, it feels like an old school halo map but would probably be better 6v6 or at least with pistol starts

All of the testing we did was with pistol starts and I assure you its MUCH better. 343 has commented on possibly doing a trial run with pistol starts so look out for that.

> 2533274858827953;8:
> All of the testing we did was with pistol starts and I assure you its MUCH better. 343 has commented on possibly doing a trial run with pistol starts so look out for that.

If you’re going to push for Pistol starts, please try to push other forgers to not include the human sniper on their maps.

There is going to be no combatting a human sniper when players spawn with a Pistol, especially on open maps like Valhalla.

I’ve only gotten round to playing Fracture so far, and I really enjoyed it.
Its nice to see Forged maps that don’t look like Forged maps, keep up the good work!

> 2533274813061580;9:
> > 2533274858827953;8:
> > All of the testing we did was with pistol starts and I assure you its MUCH better. 343 has commented on possibly doing a trial run with pistol starts so look out for that.
>
>
> If you’re going to push for Pistol starts, please try to push other forgers to not include the human sniper on their maps.
>
> There is going to be no combatting a human sniper when players spawn with a Pistol, especially on open maps like Valhalla.

The br wasn’t any more effective on halo 3 than the pistol is now on halo 5. I don’t agree that it will cause an issue, especially considering snipes are meant for that exact purpose.

Unfortunely 343 wanted them on weapon pads and the snipes do spawn with a lot of ammo.

> 2533274858827953;11:
> > 2533274813061580;9:
> > > 2533274858827953;8:
> > > All of the testing we did was with pistol starts and I assure you its MUCH better. 343 has commented on possibly doing a trial run with pistol starts so look out for that.
> >
> >
> > If you’re going to push for Pistol starts, please try to push other forgers to not include the human sniper on their maps.
> >
> > There is going to be no combatting a human sniper when players spawn with a Pistol, especially on open maps like Valhalla.
>
>
> The br wasn’t any more effective on halo 3 than the pistol is now on halo 5. I don’t agree that it will cause an issue, especially considering snipes are meant for that exact purpose.
>
> Unfortunely 343 wanted them on weapon pads and the snipes do spawn with a lot of ammo.

Comparing the Halo 3 sniper to the Halo 5 sniper isn’t fair at all. One was the most difficult sniper in the series, the other is the easiest in the series.

I personally think that if it changes to Pistol/AR starts, it will become a stomp fest, especially if one team loses the sniper early on. It’ll be fine on some maps with cover but on Valhalla, it’ll be a hot mess.

Ideally, 343 just changes the snipers bullet magnetism in a content update, but we have no idea if that will ever happen.

> 2533274858827953;6:
> I made Viking for two specific reasons, which I’m sure stand for anyone who makes maps and shares them. It’s not for the hell of it but because we genuinely love forging and sharing our work with the community. To have my maps so well recieved to the point that one is now in matchmaking is truly humbling and I’m happy to have been of service but it’s thanks to the community that our creations get so far. So thank YOU.
>
> Also consider that Viking is just a remake and that real credit is due to those who have designed their maps from the ground up. Remaking is easy compared to making a map that plays well.
>
> Also just for a little fyi, I believe I’ve put over 100 hours of forging time into Viking and enjoyed almost every minute of it.

Good work dude, it’s a great remake. The detail is crazy.

> 2533274813061580;12:
> > 2533274858827953;11:
> > > 2533274813061580;9:
> > > > 2533274858827953;8:
> > > > All of the testing we did was with pistol starts and I assure you its MUCH better. 343 has commented on possibly doing a trial run with pistol starts so look out for that.
> > >
> > >
> > > If you’re going to push for Pistol starts, please try to push other forgers to not include the human sniper on their maps.
> > >
> > > There is going to be no combatting a human sniper when players spawn with a Pistol, especially on open maps like Valhalla.
> >
> >
> > The br wasn’t any more effective on halo 3 than the pistol is now on halo 5. I don’t agree that it will cause an issue, especially considering snipes are meant for that exact purpose.
> >
> > Unfortunely 343 wanted them on weapon pads and the snipes do spawn with a lot of ammo.
>
>
> Comparing the Halo 3 sniper to the Halo 5 sniper isn’t fair at all. One was the most difficult sniper in the series, the other is the easiest in the series.
>
> I personally think that if it changes to Pistol/AR starts, it will become a stomp fest, especially if one team loses the sniper early on. It’ll be fine on some maps with cover but on Valhalla, it’ll be a hot mess.
>
> Ideally, 343 just changes the snipers bullet magnetism in a content update, but we have no idea if that will ever happen.

amen

They are really good, viking looks so much alike valhalla!

And I still haven’t played on Viking yet … RIP
But I would say, all of the other maps play really goody besides a few things maybe.