new Forge, endless possiblities

In halo 3 and reach forge was one of my favorite toys to play with. I could make an amazing map (atleast i thought it was lol) for whatever the hell i want, but there was always a depressing limit… even in forge world. And then when I mod AI into Halo 1 for the pc i think “that was easy as -Yoink-, how come Bungie and 343i didn’t already put this in”, because we’ve all seen those AI wars, and they’re fun as infinite ammo dual needlers.

I can’t write a good english paper at school, but i could put my damn sweat, blood, and wiener into this (I aint using it at the moment). The maps in reach was one thing that bothered me. Super amazing forge world… then crappy other maps that make my trigger finger sad. How about 20 different forge worlds in different environments instead of just one awesome map. New vehicles would also be nice, NO MORE VEHICULAR SEGREGATION (aka every vehicle in the previous multiplayers). Halo 4 would also be awesome with some of the weapons from each game, for example; having both the needle rifle and the carbine or the plasma rifle and the brute plasma rifle.

Most importantly (well in my opinion) AI!!! If I can mod in AI in Halo CE like i wipe my rump, why cant 343 Industries put AI or bot placement into Halo really?! Imagine it put in your AI (like an Elite, grunt, spartan, odst, etc) in, giving them a team (set their team color (red, blue, green etc), choosing their equipment (plasma rifle, battle rifle, assault rifle, etc), and then starting a giant war for hours of slaughtering whatever you want while working with whatever you want!!! Join the movement!!

Yes yes yes

Kinda like my idea: http://halo.xbox.com/Forums/yaf_postst57256_Mission-forge.aspx

I just want the same forge with a load of new tools. Who are all these people wanting a PC software to create forge maps…? Seems a bit stupid to me when it’s just to have fun and create cool maps which you already can.

You need to be able to change the environment from a normal summers day to a cold winters blizzard and also change it dark and bright. You could also be given the option to make it into sand and loads of other different terrain.

This Forge World would have a higher budget and it would be up to the forge maker to stop lag. This Forge World would have every item seen in every map in the game as well as every vehicle seen in the game.

I don’t think forge will see much of an improvement from Reach. If anything it might be scaled back a bit.

It most likely won’t be called forge either.

this is a must for fans without gold!

Agreed…

huh, it appears we need to try and get more support, or people should get off the no “armor abilities” or whatever, seriously people seem to only want them gone when we could have tons of other cool stuff like this too. :confused:

> I don’t think forge will see much of an improvement from Reach. If anything it might be scaled back a bit.
>
> It most likely won’t be called forge either.

I think it will largely stay the same as well. Hopefully they will fix the amount of stuff the game can handle so that forgers can put more into their maps without the game having a spasm, or one huge issue that should be attended to is how the maps are handled by split-screeners, which have issues when playing forge-based maps.

Other than various sky boxes, lighting and weather effects, my one hope for the new forge is different color/texture palettes for forge items. One of the big complaints was that Forge World maps were too “gray” in color, and I think adding an option for switching an item’s color or texture would be wonderful for both map makers and map players.

We can do a lot with the Reach forge, but making good maps is limited due to how the game handles stuff, so in short my one hope is that the technical side of forge is overhauled while giving us the ability to change the looks of various objects.

The ability to change the terrain, flatten it, makes holes in it, etc. would be a dream come true. Or add patches of each terrain (e.g. snow, sand, grass, rock) would be even better, to be more precise.

The option to change weather would blow my mind.

Also, a tool which allows you to cut off and trim parts of objects.

Time of day would be brilliant.

Skins for each object (e.g. turning a boring Coliseum Wall into a Stone Wall, or have vines growing on it).

Trees. Lots and lots of trees.

Think of what you could do with some of these tools.

Or maybe I’m delusional, who knows.

I would rather have a Far Cry 2 map editor than a bunch of forge worlds.

343 should put in AI and Terminals. AI for the forge could be collected in the Halo 4 campaign via Kinect, just like in Halo Anniversary. Terminals could be used in forge as a 500 letter character bank for checkpoint use or to tell a fan based story throughout a map.

yes.

The real reason you don’t get any of this stuff is because its way out of reach(not the game). You propose all these crazy huge ideas, and 343 doesn’t know what to do with them. There’s no way they can implement any of this without sacrificing another more important aspect of the game.

In short, I wish you would think of some more feasible ideas.

Terminals with a 500 letter character depository. Which will allow players who enjoy objective based gaming to collect data, such as checkpoints or it could appeal to fan based players who enjoy telling a story throughout their maps. Theater mode could later be integrated into forge terminals later on…by allowing players to trade their 500 character space for theater mode video space for story telling via theater mode. There should at least be 3-5 Terminals available for each forge-able map. Now that idea sounds possible, am I right? Don’t believe me? Your cell phone does the exact same thing with photos and video as well as other electronic devices.

> 343 should put in AI and Terminals. AI for the forge could be collected in the Halo 4 campaign via Kinect, just like in Halo Anniversary. Terminals could be used in forge as a 500 letter character bank for checkpoint use or to tell a fan based story throughout a map.

i like that idea, you could make little adventure maps like in minecraft. :slight_smile:

Bam! 3 disks. MP, FORGE, FF/Campaign

I agree with most of the posts here also… Just throwing it out there…

Wrote something.lbut forget about it…

> Bam! 3 disks. MP, FORGE, FF/Campaign
>
> I agree with most of the posts here also… Just throwing it out there…

that could work, forge disk for making the maps, and the mp for playing them in custom games

> The real reason you don’t get any of this stuff is because its way out of reach(not the game). You propose all these crazy huge ideas, and 343 doesn’t know what to do with them. There’s no way they can implement any of this without sacrificing another more important aspect of the game.
>
> In short, I wish you would think of some more feasible ideas.

I don’t know what feasible means, I’ll assume reasonable, but they put ODSTs into the anniversary firefight map, and they’ve made us some -Yoink!- dlc maps, and they gave us Halo Anniversary and its beauty, I’m pretty sure most of these ideas can be done, especially if me and my brother can make a giant AI war on HaloCe in about 5 or 6 minutes, or change half of a map completely in 20 minutes, I really wish i still had my hard drive that had them. But I’m pretty sure you’re just under estimating 343i, but i understand the point of view you’re coming from