New forerunner sniper

I saw this forerunner sniper and I was thinking about what it could possibly be. I considered what we have seen from present forerunner weapons such as the light rifle and the scattershot, and have come up with an idea of how this weapon might be. I think it could be the forerunner equivalent of the Focus Rifle(considering that their weapons are designed to be anti flood and that the focus rifle was reverse engineered from the sentinel beam). I don’t know, I’m just speculating, what are your thoughts on this?

Forerunner Sniper Rifle

Cool new sniper, I have no clue what it does but it would be cool if it shot somthing like a bullet of light (similar too halo 2 covenant sniper . Because I’m tired of the beam rifle.

I hope it doesn’t focus like the Focus Rifle. I hope there is another function that makes it stand out from the other sniper rifles, but let it still be effective at its function.

I hated the Focus rifle so I hope its not like that. Is it in canon that the Focus Rifle was inspired by the Sentinel Beam? That doesn’t make any sense. The Covenant made first contact with Sentinels on Halo, with Chief. I’m pretty sure all the Covenant on Halo were killed. So I think the first records of Sentinels were made after the battle at Onyx.

> Because I’m tired of the beam rifle.

GASP

Old, but could possibly by a sniper

there needs to be some kind of forerunner sniper Besides the light rifle which is relativley close to a sniper. who knows this migh just be the weapon that disnegrated that elite

> I hated the Focus rifle so I hope its not like that. Is it in canon that the Focus Rifle was inspired by the Sentinel Beam? That doesn’t make any sense. The Covenant made first contact with Sentinels on Halo, with Chief. I’m pretty sure all the Covenant on Halo were killed. So I think the first records of Sentinels were made after the battle at Onyx.

definitely not. they were seen way earlier, remember Halo Wars? any who Click here, this will explain.

A long range precision murder machine, that disintergrates it’s target ?

The perfect crime !

that gun looks like it could dish out some serious pwnage.

I want my Focus Rifle back :frowning:

In a previous interview, Frankie stated that the Light Rifle is the Forerunner sniper.
It has 2 modes of firing, 3 shot burst unscoped and 1 heavy shot while scoped.
Unknown if it has 3 magnification settings like the other snipers or if it just zooms in anywhere between x3 and x5.

Forerunner weapons are also said to change their appearance based on the user.
Forerunner weapons appear to come in role-type and adjust their abilities based on the user’s experiences and/or thoughts.
The heavy rifle, repeating carbine and shotgun are represented as the Light Rifle, Light Repeater and Scatter Shot, respectively.

It doesn’t act like a Focus Rifle, unfortunately. We’ve seen video of it in the Spartan Ops footage.

> In a previous interview, Frankie stated that the Light Rifle is the Forerunner sniper.
> It has 2 modes of firing, 3 shot burst unscoped and 1 heavy shot while scoped.
> Unknown if it has 3 magnification settings like the other snipers or if it just zooms in anywhere between x3 and x5.
>
> Forerunner weapons are also said to change their appearance based on the user.
> Forerunner weapons appear to come in role-type and adjust their abilities based on the user’s experiences and/or thoughts.
> The heavy rifle, repeating carbine and shotgun are represented as the Light Rifle, Light Repeater and Scatter Shot, respectively.

Link please? As I stated before we’ve seen video of the sniper, and it is definitely not the Lightrifle.

> > I hated the Focus rifle so I hope its not like that. Is it in canon that the Focus Rifle was inspired by the Sentinel Beam? That doesn’t make any sense. The Covenant made first contact with Sentinels on Halo, with Chief. I’m pretty sure all the Covenant on Halo were killed. So I think the first records of Sentinels were made after the battle at Onyx.
>
> definitely not. they were seen way earlier, remember Halo Wars? any who Click here, this will explain.

Forgot about Halo Wars. Haven’t played through it yet, but I intend to. That may have been first contact with Sentinels, but didn’t all the forces, both Covenant and UNSC, go MIA?

> > > I hated the Focus rifle so I hope its not like that. Is it in canon that the Focus Rifle was inspired by the Sentinel Beam? That doesn’t make any sense. The Covenant made first contact with Sentinels on Halo, with Chief. I’m pretty sure all the Covenant on Halo were killed. So I think the first records of Sentinels were made after the battle at Onyx.
> >
> > definitely not. they were seen way earlier, remember Halo Wars? any who Click here, this will explain.
>
> Forgot about Halo Wars. Haven’t played through it yet, but I intend to. That may have been first contact with Sentinels, but didn’t all the forces, both Covenant and UNSC, go MIA?

The Prophet of Regret left before the sheild world was destroyed by the Spirit of Fire crew.Almost all of the covie tech is reverse engineered from the forerunners, who know when they found the sentinel tech.

> It doesn’t act like a Focus Rifle, unfortunately. We’ve seen video of it in the Spartan Ops footage.

I also remember David saying that the player got killed by a Light Rifle. It was the other Spops footage where the fully shielded player got vaporized by the Light Rifle.

I just want clarification on the other Promethean weapons and what the Light Rifle’s role will be.

Can’t guarantee I can find it. Ask someone on NeoGAF to ask Frankie for the nod, that’s a lot of interviews to look through to find.

> > It doesn’t act like a Focus Rifle, unfortunately. We’ve seen video of it in the Spartan Ops footage.
>
> I also remember David saying that the player got killed by a Light Rifle. It was the other Spops footage where the fully shielded player got vaporized by the Light Rifle.
>
> I just want clarification on the other Promethean weapons and what the Light Rifle’s role will be.

He said that the player got sniped, the Knight with the Sniper is in the same area, as well as a sniper Crawler.