New feature: nade punting.

Im sure this has been thought of but… What if a grenade was thrown at your feet and you had the option to kick it away?

How it could be used:
-Once the opportunity arises (like boarding a vehicle) if the grenade become close enough to you, a message will pop up (hold x to kick back grenade)

-Similiar to assasinations it you would be put into a VERY short animation of you looking down at the grenade slightly.

-when the nade is kicked it is sent in the direction where the nade is relative to your position.

How it wouldnt be OP’ed:

-the nade has to be in front of you. within about 45 degrees of where you are looking (which would make the animation in game not look out of place/ forced)
-the fuse on the frag is short enough so the sucess rate would be low
-the short fuse wont let you have much time to look where you want to kick it
-you CAN kick a plasma nade… but well… u can guess what would happen.

Why it would be awesome enough for implementation:

-Come on we are spartans, punting a grenade with spartan reflexes would be a breeze
-its nice to mix things up a little during combat and grenade conbat hasnt been touched at all since halo ce.
-imagine the small probablilty of not only saving youself but getting a kill with it.

Thats my idea any sugestions or criticisms?

You know what I miss about Halo: CE and I do believe Halo2, but my memory fails me at the moment, meleeing stickies and frags back at the enemy. That was fun. Why did weapons become stickable??

I love this idea. It’s very fair.

> Im sure this has been thought of but… What if a grenade was thrown at your feet and you had the option to kick it away?
>
> How it could be used:
> -Once the opportunity arises (like boarding a vehicle) if the grenade become close enough to you, a message will pop up (hold x to kick back grenade)
>
> -Similiar to assasinations it you would be put into a VERY short animation of you looking down at the grenade slightly.
>
> -when the nade is kicked it is sent in the direction where the nade is relative to your position.
>
> How it wouldnt be OP’ed:
>
> -the nade has to be in front of you. within about 45 degrees of where you are looking (which would make the animation in game not look out of place/ forced)
> -the fuse on the frag is short enough so the sucess rate would be low
> -the short fuse wont let you have much time to look where you want to kick it
> -you CAN kick a plasma nade… but well… u can guess what would happen.
>
>
> Why it would be awesome enough for implementation:
>
> -Come on we are spartans, punting a grenade with spartan reflexes would be a breeze
> -its nice to mix things up a little during combat and grenade conbat hasnt been touched at all since halo ce.
> -imagine the small probablilty of not only saving youself but getting a kill with it.
>
>
>
> Thats my idea any sugestions or criticisms?

I honestly laughed a little when first reading the title of the thread. I thought it might have been some kind of joke haha. But now, after actually reading it, it sounds like it could work pretty well. It’d be nice to have some kind of option to get grenades away from you quickly, rather than trying to run away from them. And like you said, it wouldn’t really be too overpowered. You’d just have to be close enough and react quickly enough for the most part.

I think this will just come off as a Halo version of CODs throwing back grenades, at least thats what “they’ll” say.

dont like it, just another thing to get in the way. if someone grenades your feet good on them, on to the next…

Just for the record, I have actually kicked a grenade back towards the sender before on Reach. It was on Zealot, I was backing away. The grenade must have hit my character’s foot as it moved forward, and it bounced back and hit the thrower in the face. It was quite amusing.

Also, you can shoot grenades out of the air. It’s very difficult to do, but you can do it.

> Just for the record, I have actually kicked a grenade back towards the sender before on Reach. It was on Zealot, I was backing away. The grenade must have hit my character’s foot as it moved forward, and it bounced back and hit the thrower in the face. It was quite amusing.
>
> Also, you can shoot grenades out of the air. It’s very difficult to do, but you can do it.

happens at random mainly, just as they let go and it goes off in their face - win :slight_smile:

Great idea, but think about this. They would have to change grenades almost completely though. For example, if you through a grenade in Halo Reach, unless you through it immediately down at the ground, it will bounce then explode. So if you through it straight up or far, it will not explode till it lands, bounces, then blows. If they were to add a kick option, they would have to delay the explosion time of the grenade. Or make it Call of Dutyish where the grenades have a time limit. Granite it is possible, and again, a great idea, but it would probably mess up the gameplay from how we are all used to.

Just another example type thing,
Imagine a ghost is heading at you ready for a splatter (And you dont have Armor Lock on you at the time). Its far enough away for you to throw a perfect grenade and with the right timing, have it flip backwards. So it comes at you and you chuck a grenade in the right spot at the right time, it bounces, and (if normal) would explode and follow through with your plan, but (if changed) bounces then falls and sits on the ground till the explosion time is up. The ghost using its speed boost, quickly heads at you and splatters you across the ground. Pretend jumping was out of the question or something, just on the topic of grenades and the ghost as an example.

If they changed it, people could adapt, but it might take awhile for some people to adapt and pick up. Also people might not like the change.

But, for a third time, I like the idea and maybe 343 can make it work or do something along those lines.

lol NO

> Great idea, but think about this. They would have to change grenades almost completely though. For example, if you through a grenade in Halo Reach, unless you through it immediately down at the ground, it will bounce then explode. So if you through it straight up or far, it will not explode till it lands, bounces, then blows. If they were to add a kick option, they would have to delay the explosion time of the grenade. Or make it Call of Dutyish where the grenades have a time limit. Granite it is possible, and again, a great idea, but it would probably mess up the gameplay from how we are all used to.
>
> Just another example type thing,
> Imagine a ghost is heading at you ready for a splatter (And you dont have Armor Lock on you at the time). Its far enough away for you to throw a perfect grenade and with the right timing, have it flip backwards. So it comes at you and you chuck a grenade in the right spot at the right time, it bounces, and (if normal) would explode and follow through with your plan, but (if changed) bounces then falls and sits on the ground till the explosion time is up. The ghost using its speed boost, quickly heads at you and splatters you across the ground.
>
> If they changed it, people could adapt, but it might take awhile for some people to adapt and pick up. Also people might not like the change.
>
> But, for a third time, I like the idea and maybe 343 can make it work or do something along those lines.

jump always beats ghost. 180 spin and melee for more win

Sword block for grenades. I like it. It’s not logical that a rare power weapon can be stopped by your forearm but grenades, that everyone spawns with, have no counter.

> You know what I miss about Halo: CE and I do believe Halo2, but my memory fails me at the moment, meleeing stickies and frags back at the enemy. That was fun. Why did weapons become stickable??

This.

Wow, this is really inventive and original, I like it, but unfortunately it would only work on non-stickable grenades, if you tried to kick a plasma it would just stick to your foot and that’s not good at all.

> Great idea, but think about this. They would have to change grenades almost completely though. For example, if you through a grenade in Halo Reach, unless you through it immediately down at the ground, it will bounce then explode. So if you through it straight up or far, it will not explode till it lands, bounces, then blows. If they were to add a kick option, they would have to delay the explosion time of the grenade. Or make it Call of Dutyish where the grenades have a time limit. Granite it is possible, and again, a great idea, but it would probably mess up the gameplay from how we are all used to.
>
> Just another example type thing,
> Imagine a ghost is heading at you ready for a splatter (And you dont have Armor Lock on you at the time). Its far enough away for you to throw a perfect grenade and with the right timing, have it flip backwards. So it comes at you and you chuck a grenade in the right spot at the right time, it bounces, and (if normal) would explode and follow through with your plan, but (if changed) bounces then falls and sits on the ground till the explosion time is up. The ghost using its speed boost, quickly heads at you and splatters you across the ground. Pretend jumping was out of the question or something, just on the topic of grenades and the ghost as an example.
>
> If they changed it, people could adapt, but it might take awhile for some people to adapt and pick up. Also people might not like the change.
>
> But, for a third time, I like the idea and maybe 343 can make it work or do something along those lines.

Some very valid points you have there. I would not want them to change the grenade detonation formula.

> Wow, this is really inventive and original, I like it, but unfortunately it would only work on non-stickable grenades, if you tried to kick a plasma it would just stick to your foot and that’s not good at all.

awesome fun. Also I want to be able to sticky myself in the foot so I can power jump

I entered this thread expecting the usual

"Guys listen.

Woudln’t it be cool if

Guys.

Cool if we could punt

Guys listen.

PUNT

Guys listen.

PUNT grenades, with our FEET."

But I have found otherwise. It would be an okaaaay feature, but I wouldn’t expect it to make it into Halo 4.

I think that if you kick a frag, if the animation takes like two seconds, you see a reticule come up and you can kind of aim where you kick it if you can move the reticule really fast to where you want to kick the grenade.

> I think that if you kick a frag, if the animation takes like two seconds, you see a reticule come up and you can kind of aim where you kick it if you can move the reticule really fast to where you want to kick the grenade.

Two seconds? I think it will be more along the lines of about 7 frames.

> > I think that if you kick a frag, if the animation takes like two seconds, you see a reticule come up and you can kind of aim where you kick it if you can move the reticule really fast to where you want to kick the grenade.
>
> Two seconds? I think it will be more along the lines of about 7 frames.

How fast is 7 frames?