New Engine, New Forge - Your Wishes?

I think personally we all have different ideas about what should be added to the next forge. So I think there should be two settings for forge and two Modes of Forge.

The Settings would be the Complexity of forge objects and Forge Controls:

• Tutorial - Where you can sharpen up on forge if you haven’t played Infinite in a while, coming from an older halo and seeing what’s new, or for new players that are just jumping in. - Beginner - (Halo 3/Reach Controls, more basic stuff mostly the pre-built objects) - Advanced - (Halo 5 Forge Basically, tutorial for the new stuff) - Expert - Think The Hammer Editor but with Halo instead of Valve.Maybe a “Mod Workshop” (Think Steam Workshop) where people can make/share mods for Forge (Or for those who want to make their own mode/remake their favorite mode/make skins/armor).

The Forge Modes

• Multiplayer - The Usual Forge we know and love - Warzone - Forge Warzone, Warzone Assault, or Warzone Firefight Maps - Spartan Ops - Missions forged by the community that are singleplayer to 4(or more) player co-op [Endless horde mode Playing as Prometheans vs the flood? Remake a CE Mission? Remake things that happened in the Novels? Make Left 4 Dead in Halo?]
    General Stuff

• Allowing Us to Forge Offline - More Scripts - (Further down the post) - Set Permissions - So the Host can put people on teams, give them roles of “Forger” to help them make/edit the map, or “Tester” so that they only can mess around either playing the map or seeing if they can break the map. or go with H3’s version. Either is good tbh. - Allow editing the settings for forge like we can with other gamemodes - Don’t like forging, then jumping to customs to test if it works with different settings - Player traits on a per team basis - Making Infection for example or testing invasion and you want Red to be Elites and Blue to be Promethean Soldiers - More Environment Settings - Full 24hrs, Sun/Moon Placement, Dynamic Water/Snow (Snow Being Snow unlike H5) - Corpse upgrade - Physics Normal (Ragdolls/Gibs) Fixed/Phased (Behaves like the dead body props in H5) - Playback animations for the Intro and Outro cinematics - How Halo CE Cinematics were made. Maybe using some H5/6 cinematic animations as well - More Camera Movements - So it can be upside down ma doods - Voice Lines available as forge sounds (see some used in Intro/Outro, Spartan Ops Dialogue, adding to the atmosphere of a map - Health Packs - Classic Powerups - Warzone Assets - Campaign Assets - Sound Options - Such as making the sound “Static” if you want a song/sound to be heard throughout the map without spamming a bunch of objects, and sound volume/dropoff
    More Scripts

• RNG Spawns - From All Weapons/Vehicles to being separated by tier, or a checklist of what you want to spawn there - Interaction Settings - set how long you have to hold the button, renaming the interactions - Carry as - want to actually carry something instead of pushing/going into that wormhole of an “inventory” (Mainly seen in H5 Puzzles)? Set that power core to “Carry as Turret/Flag/Bomb/HR Power Core” and pick that boi up like it was one of those said things
    Weaponsmith

• Name - Attachments [Sight, Barrel, Mag] - The rate of Fire [Hip Fire, Smart Linked] - Damage - Accuracy [Hip Fire, Smart Linked] - Range [Hip Fire, Smart Linked], - Weapon Skin
    I know this is a dream and a half here but hey with the new engine and the extra time it’s possible.

Anything else? Post 'em down below!

Even with the extra time they have and if they still don’t have all of this done, they can just launch Forge with the game and give it monthly updates with even more features that were mentioned on your post!

I mean it won’t happen but if Infinite comes to PC if i could 3D model maps and import them into the game that’d be sweet, sorta like VRchat or the UE4 community does. Have professional animators / modellers design content for the community.

> 2533274952806440;1:
> I think personally we all have different ideas about what should be added to the next forge. So I think there should be two settings for forge and two Modes of Forge.
> The Settings would be the Complexity of forge objects and Forge Controls: - Tutorial - Where you can sharpen up on forge if you haven’t played Infinite in a while, coming from an older halo and seeing what’s new, or for new players that are just jumping in. - Beginner - (Halo 3/Reach Controls, more basic stuff mostly the pre-built objects) - Advanced - (Halo 5 Forge Basically, tutorial for the new stuff) - Expert - Think The Hammer Editor but with Halo instead of Valve.Maybe a “Mod Workshop” (Think Steam Workshop) where people can make/share mods for Forge (Or for those who want to make their own mode/remake their favorite mode/make skins/armor).

I would definitely be in favor of complexity settings. I am relatively new to Halo 5/6 Forge so starting at a setting similar to Reach would be very beneficial to me. Meanwhile, more advanced players can jump right in with Advanced and Expert settings. I like this a lot!

> 2533274836395701;3:
> I mean it won’t happen but if Infinite comes to PC if i could 3D model maps and import them into the game that’d be sweet, sorta like VRchat or the UE4 community does. Have professional animators / modellers design content for the community.

But it’s coming to PC?
But yes, a proper Map Editor on PC designed for proper use with K/M would be sweet, especially with importing textures, models and so forth, would be awesome.

Main thing I want is AI. I want to be able to fill maps with AI and just go nuts.

> 2533274795123910;5:
> > 2533274836395701;3:
> > I mean it won’t happen but if Infinite comes to PC if i could 3D model maps and import them into the game that’d be sweet, sorta like VRchat or the UE4 community does. Have professional animators / modellers design content for the community.
>
> But it’s coming to PC?
> But yes, a proper Map Editor on PC designed for proper use with K/M would be sweet, especially with importing textures, models and so forth, would be awesome.

Yea man, currently in the process of making applications to WETA and other companies in Wellington (New Zealand), love doing modelling on the side, a game where i could design content and have it played would be sweet, 1-up 343s map making :wink:

As long as there’s a vetting process for what gets in, reach had a community map playlist early in its lifespan, the winners getting in MM, would be amazing.

> 2533274836395701;7:
> > 2533274795123910;5:
> > > 2533274836395701;3:
> > > I mean it won’t happen but if Infinite comes to PC if i could 3D model maps and import them into the game that’d be sweet, sorta like VRchat or the UE4 community does. Have professional animators / modellers design content for the community.
> >
> > But it’s coming to PC?
> > But yes, a proper Map Editor on PC designed for proper use with K/M would be sweet, especially with importing textures, models and so forth, would be awesome.
>
> Yea man, currently in the process of making applications to WETA and other companies in Wellington (New Zealand), love doing modelling on the side, a game where i could design content and have it played would be sweet, 1-up 343s map making :wink:
>
> As long as there’s a vetting process for what gets in, reach had a community map playlist early in its lifespan, the winners getting in MM, would be amazing.

I love 3D modeling as well, and map making would be nice getting into, again. Back in the day I played around with the War3 editor a lot.
Forge was good but I never really liked making maps with a controller. It’s not working out on PC either for Forge as the controlls mimic a Controller. Though I haven’t looked if there are options to change how they behave. Yes some sort of vetting would be required.
They would probably have to skip new DLC maps, however Campaign DLC could work for them then. ( Not a fan of MTs )

I’d love to be good enough at modeling to have it be my main job. Currently learning Blueprint in UE4 and trying to recreate an old Commodore 64 game.
So far I’m happy. Though I haven’t gotten that far.

Best of luck to you and your applications.

> 2533274989469309;2:
> Even with the extra time they have and if they still don’t have all of this done, they can just launch Forge with the game and give it monthly updates with even more features that were mentioned on your post!

Absolutely, This can be updates! I really hope I can be apart of the flights!

Mechanically I definitely agree a simplified control scheme would appreciated for people like myself who don’t use forge all that much.

As for features, I’d love a terrain sculpting system. Being able to raise hills and carve gorges into a flat piece of terrain is always something I wanted out of forge. That way you can make larger maps flow better without all the discontinuities of trying to phase land pieces into each other.

This! This is the template they should use for Forge, whether they are able to implement everything or not. For a Halo veteran like me, whom is used to a simpler forge, Halo 5 was scarily complicated. A simple version would make it fun to play around again, much like with Halo Reach

Personally I want to do away with the hundreds of geometry pieces and replace them with simple geometry creation tools.

• Rectangular prism - Triangular prism - Generic polygonal prism - Spheres/semispheresThese would revolutionize the way I forge. No more searching for pieces that fit in the right place, I could just create the right sized piece.

Also, geometry merging, cutting, trimming, etc. Want a big block in the shape of an L? Just create two rectangular prisms and join them. (This can already be done, but if you could merge them and opt for the inner hidden faces to no longer be rendered, it would free up space and memory for forge). Also you could create a large object and cut holes out of it by using other dimensioned geometry. Building maps would be so much faster and use so fewer pieces if I had these few options.