New Enemy Progression- HELP!

Could someone that is perhaps more experienced with Firefight MM than me explain what New Enemy Progression means exactly. I enjoyed playing Firefight Limited with my girlfriend in Firefight Doubles and we recently saw the new gametype there called Limited N.E.P (New Enemy Progression). All I can assume from playing it is two things:

1. We got killed by a raging horde of Elites, literally losing all twelve of our lives in one wave.

2. It was designed so that we couldn’t hold off until time ran out, as could previously occasionally manage to do when playing normal Firefight limited.

So could someone just explain what it means exactly? Many thanks.

Ah, so that’s what NEP means.

Thanks dude!

> Could someone that is perhaps more experienced with Firefight MM than me explain what New Enemy Progression means exactly. I enjoyed playing Firefight Limited with my girlfriend in Firefight Doubles and we recently saw the new gametype there called Limited N.E.P (New Enemy Progression). All I can assume from playing it is two things:
>
> 1. We got killed by a raging horde of Elites, literally losing all twelve of our lives in one wave.
>
> 2. It was designed so that we couldn’t hold off until time ran out, as could previously occasionally manage to do when playing normal Firefight limited.
>
> So could someone just explain what it means exactly? Many thanks.

Well 1) that just shows you need to play more FF arcade to get better at Firefight. And 2) to answer your question regular Firefight modes (non-NEP)have progressive waves that follow the same format everytime you play, e.g. people that play firefight regularly will be able to predict exactly what we come and when, first wave grunts/second wave jackals/third wave brute infantry… as it is. However Firefight NEP gives you more of a varied enemy progression, meaning that first wave will always be the same, grunts and shielded jackals BUT whereas second wave would normally just be jackals, in NEP you run the chance of a second wave being Heretic Sniper or Heavy Heretic Elites.

In short FireFight NEP (new enemy progression) means that the waves are no longer predictable in firefight. Enemies are randomly generated as the game progresses to give you challenge based on your skill level. The quicker you finish a wave, the harder the enemy. The slower you finish a wave, the easier an enemy. Hope this helps

> 2) to answer your question regular Firefight modes (non-NEP)have progressive waves that follow the same format everytime you play, e.g. people that play firefight regularly will be able to predict exactly what we come and when, first wave grunts/second wave jackals/third wave brute infantry… as it is. However Firefight NEP gives you more of a varied enemy progression, meaning that first wave will always be the same, grunts and shielded jackals BUT whereas second wave would normally just be jackals, in NEP you run the chance of a second wave being Heretic Sniper or Heavy Heretic Elites.
>
> In short FireFight NEP (new enemy progression) means that the waves are no longer predictable in firefight. Enemies are randomly generated as the game progresses to give you challenge based on your skill level. The quicker you finish a wave, the harder the enemy. The slower you finish a wave, the easier an enemy. Hope this helps

Only score attack was as predictable as you suggest.

FF Arcade was not predictable - there were several possible options for each round/wave and you were not guaranteed to get heretic snipers in the 2nd round for instance, there was just a chance of getting them.

I have noticed the NEP is harder than the old Firefight - more hunters, heretics and skirmishers than before - it’s more of a challenge IMO.

> > 2) to answer your question regular Firefight modes (non-NEP)have progressive waves that follow the same format everytime you play, e.g. people that play firefight regularly will be able to predict exactly what we come and when, first wave grunts/second wave jackals/third wave brute infantry… as it is. However Firefight NEP gives you more of a varied enemy progression, meaning that first wave will always be the same, grunts and shielded jackals BUT whereas second wave would normally just be jackals, in NEP you run the chance of a second wave being Heretic Sniper or Heavy Heretic Elites.
> >
> > In short FireFight NEP (new enemy progression) means that the waves are no longer predictable in firefight. Enemies are randomly generated as the game progresses to give you challenge based on your skill level. The quicker you finish a wave, the harder the enemy. The slower you finish a wave, the easier an enemy. Hope this helps
>
> Only score attack was as predictable as you suggest.
>
> FF Arcade was not predictable - there were several possible options for each round/wave and you were not guaranteed to get heretic snipers in the 2nd round for instance, there was just a chance of getting them.
>
> I have noticed the NEP is harder than the old Firefight - more hunters, heretics and skirmishers than before - it’s more of a challenge IMO.

Actually what i have stated is entirely correct. i used to play FF arcade all day everyday nearly and every time i played a game i would get exactly the same covie in exactly the same order. FF used to be predictable full stop in any FF game type. Now it isnt predictable and is more challenging as i have stated thank you very much. This issue wasnt even just for me. Twas for all of the friends i played with on there aswell…so best not to even think of saying that it was just me coz it wasnt

> Could someone that is perhaps more experienced with Firefight MM than me explain what New Enemy Progression means exactly. I enjoyed playing Firefight Limited with my girlfriend in Firefight Doubles and we recently saw the new gametype there called Limited N.E.P (New Enemy Progression). All I can assume from playing it is two things:
>
> 1. We got killed by a raging horde of Elites, literally losing all twelve of our lives in one wave.
>
> 2. It was designed so that we couldn’t hold off until time ran out, as could previously occasionally manage to do when playing normal Firefight limited.
>
> So could someone just explain what it means exactly? Many thanks.

Random enemy type spawns in each wave. That’s the the core element driving the FF NEP experience.

Basically, each wave is going to be different than the next (though sometimes you fight the same enemies though this too is random)

The problem with limited NEP is that it spawns Heretic snipers and Heavies. Both are vastly OP and give you trouble even on Arcade. Its a slaughter on Limited thanks to instant kill Snipers and homing Rockets.

That should get fixed and only allow standard Heretics for Limited. At least those you can kill without being derped by homing rockets and instant kill AP sniper rounds.

NEP was designed as a variation for ARcadefight to increase variation in enemies to encourage use of weapons other than the green goo gun (3G). The basic premise is that copious amount of Elites, Brutes and Skirmishers make the 3G nearly useless in 90% of circumstances. The skill of headshotting becomes more valuable and use of automatic weapons (mostly for the Brutes) is beneficial.

The NEP was NOT designed for Limited. The Covies drop in groups of four. That means that for Elite and Brutes you have 4 Spartan IIIs vs 4 better-armed (with default weapons), infinitely-firing, stronger, faster and luckier opponents. This is particularly important for the Elites as any Elite group has at least one Elite Ultra. (Except the Heretic Snipers and Heretic Heavy waves, but the Elite Majors of those waves carry practically insta-kill weapons.) Elite Ultras can only be (quickly) killed by four Spartans simultaneously firing at them, leaving the other three free to destroy the Spartans. Most people are unable to effectively counter this tactic.

In other words, the fact that you and your GF lost all your lives to one wave of Elites isn’t that surprising and is actually a highly effective demonstration of exactly how changes to playlists that 343 makes are designed to address complaints of their community without actually being well thought-out. (This is my opinion/feeling, not fact. I do not know how much conversation or thought go into any change 343 makes to Reach or Halo 4.)

> NEP was designed as a variation for ARcadefight to increase variation in enemies to encourage use of weapons other than the green goo gun (3G). The basic premise is that copious amount of Elites, Brutes and Skirmishers make the 3G nearly useless in 90% of circumstances. The skill of headshotting becomes more valuable and use of automatic weapons (mostly for the Brutes) is beneficial.
>
> The NEP was NOT designed for Limited. The Covies drop in groups of four. That means that for Elite and Brutes you have 4 Spartan IIIs vs 4 better-armed (with default weapons), infinitely-firing, stronger, faster and luckier opponents. This is particularly important for the Elites as any Elite group has at least one Elite Ultra. (Except the Heretic Snipers and Heretic Heavy waves, but the Elite Majors of those waves carry practically insta-kill weapons.) Elite Ultras can only be (quickly) killed by four Spartans simultaneously firing at them, leaving the other three free to destroy the Spartans. Most people are unable to effectively counter this tactic.
>
> In other words, the fact that you and your GF lost all your lives to one wave of Elites isn’t that surprising and is actually a highly effective demonstration of exactly how changes to playlists that 343 makes are designed to address complaints of their community without actually being well thought-out. (This is my opinion/feeling, not fact. I do not know how much conversation or thought go into any change 343 makes to Reach or Halo 4.)

This makes sense to me. I know someone above me told me to get better at Firefight lol that didn’t help very much. Thank you very much for your response, I reward you with an official “thanks” lol.

The good news is that FF NEP ltd will get an adjustment with the June update per the Halo Bullentin dated 5/30/12.

FF Limited NEP waves adjusted.

Firefight Limited NEP waves were adjusted as follows:

• Round 1, Main Wave: Elite Tactical replaced Brute Chieftains.
  • Round 1, Boss Wave: Brute Chieftains replaced Elites.
  • Round 2, Main Wave: Brute Infantry replaced Heretic Snipers.
  • Round 2, Boss Wave: Elite Strike Team replaced Brute Infantry.
  • Round 2, Boss Wave: Brute Kill Geam replaced Hunter Kill Team.
  • Round 3, Main Wave: Elite Patrol replaced Heretic Heavy.
  • Round 3, Boss Wave: Brute Chieftains Elite Spec Ops.

Ha I can kill twleve elites on a live match in three minutes. They made the game easier for me not harder.