New Enemies!

I have been playing Halo since day one and have enjoyed every game but there is one thing that has bothered me a lot ever since Halo 3, the lack of new enemies.

Halo CE: In my opinion they nailed the enemies in this game, of course it was the first game in the series but still I fell instantly in love with the Covenant! The elites were a unique enemy to fight due to the fact that they had shields just like the Master Chief (except any rank above minors, their shields were significantly stronger compared to 117 on Legendary) and then the grunts, strong in packs but easily picked off by themselves. Even killing the elite in the group would cause the grunts to run in terror, just shows how cowardly the species was and I loved that. They felt more realistic, not just another AI that was fearless of the player no mater how much more powerful the chief was. It made you feel like a opponent that was so strong that you would send your enemy retreating in fear. The Jackals were more brave but would run away after picking some of them off, but were cool with there shield on there arm that made them harder to get a shot on, they also were in groups like the grunts. Then the Hunters, with their badass plasma lasers that could demolish you and there deadly melees. This was a enemy to be trifled with, with no armor on there back it left them venerable to any attack contributed to that spot. Also if you look close enough at them you would realize that it was a bunch of worms in the Forerunner armor! Then the game changer, the Flood. This gave a different feel to the game, being use to fighting the Covenant you had to fight a different threat that was scary, ripping into their pray then taking control of them and gaining the knowledge of their vessel. The flood only had three forms 1. their true forms, little green balloon looking things that would blow up to get your shields down then it would start to eat away at your HP when your shields were down 2. Bigger green looking balloon thing that would also blow up but had a greater impacted but would also release the small balloon looking flood forms, this is what the grunts looked like after they were infected 3. this could be a human or elite infected but it was a deformed body that had jumps that would make Michel Jordan jealous, they usually had one arm that had green looking claws made for melee attacks and for their other arm they had a weapon equipped sometimes. The last enemy you fight were the Sentinels that were flying robots that could shoot out a orange laser at you and sometimes had a shield.

Halo 2: There was only a few new enemies released for this game, first it was the drones. Bug like creatures that could fly and were in huge groups but had small HP. The next was the Brutes, they didn’t have shields but were brutal. They had a powerful melee that was even stronger than the elites. They were a ruthless species taking no prisoners unless commanded by High Charity. Almost forgot about the Enforcers, deadly Forerunner robots that fly. They could pick up vehicles and crush them, they also had two huge shields on the front of them. their weapons were small rockets and pulse beams.

Halo 3: Only a new form for the flood which was the infected hunter, it could turn into three things 1. the actual form for the hunter 2. a annoying sentry type of flood, it could not move but it could shoot the crap out of you 3. a flood form only made for climbing walls.

Halo 3 ODST: The only new enemy the Engineers, this supplied any Covenant enemy with shields when it was close. The brutes also put bombs on the creature so it could blow itself up if any enemies were close too it.

Halo Reach: Only Skirmishers were introduced, they looked like Jackals but the only difference was that they were really fast and they had small shields on there arms that only protected them from head shots.

Halo 4: The Prometheans! Finally a new separate enemy but I was disappointed that it only had 4 forms and one of the forms are really forgettable, the sentry type Promethean. I can’t remember it’s name but it shot a huge laser that truthfully didn’t due that much damage on Legendary and they had to charge the laser, they also had a cool down after the laser. Their HP was medium, If they upgrade the damage to almost instant death on Legendary then I would have had more of a challenge fighting them. Then there are the Crawlers, similar to grunts they were easy to kill by themselves but a pain if they were in groups. They didn’t run away much but would usually come back to confront you if they did, they also could climb walls. Then we have Promethean Watchers, they are small and hard to shoot and could throw your grenades back at you. They could create a shield for one enemy at a time, they could spawn enemies and could revive Promethean Nights. Speaking of Promethean Nights, these guys were the main enemy for the Prometheans that you fought. They could teleport, get revived, and had shields.

Halo 5 Guardians: I wish they can bring back the brutes as a separate group from the elites, they should carry grudges against each other from when the Brutes took the Elites ranks away from them in High Charity from Halo 2. The Drones should come back but they should be on the brutes side. Then they should put the Skirmishers and have some Engineers on the Covenant side.(The brutes don’t have to be in a separate group but I thought it would add more chaos in fights and it would also make sense in a way) They should add more Sentinel types and bring back the Enforcers if you fight them in this game. Then if the Flood does come back 343 should make more different Flood types, that would be awesome. 343 should also add new enemies for the Covenant, they haven’t had that many new alliances with any other species since Halo 2. If the Brutes do have their own group then obviously they should have some new allies. Also if you fight the Prometheans there should be new types of them.

At the end of the day I just want some new enemies that I can fight, I think it would keep the gameplay fresh for the Halo 5 Guardians campaign. Its always fun to fight something new and unique that will give you a challenge. Tell me your thoughts for the enemies that should be in Halo 5 or if you even want new enemies. (I WOULD LOVE IF THEY CAN ADD BOSS BATTLES THAT ARE HARD TO DEFEAT unlike halo 2)

I want a Strato-Sentinel in Halo 5.
I freaking want them.

> 2533274850173803;2:
> I want a Strato-Sentinel in Halo 5.
> I freaking want them.

I forgot to mention cut enemies from the older halo games, but it would be glorious to see them in future Halo games!

We need Onyx sentinels to appear.

I want to see more wildlife

I want to see the Prometheans reworked a bit.

The Knight needs to become less of a bullet sponge. A Promethean Heavy Unit (call it a Titan or something) would be good. Maybe build it to be similar to a Beserker from Gears of War.

I kinda want to see the brutes return like they were in ODST. I want to see the drones return how they were also in ODST with the headshot explosion like in Reach. Then skirmishers. Have them all be equipped with older armor like the covenant in halo 4 were. The armor didn’t cover all spots of the body and looked bulky in a way.

I don’t know if anyone else has ever though about this but I kinda want to see a new species perhaps enslaved into a covenant group or possibly just on a remote planet.

Anyways as for the prometheans I’ve thought of many new classes for them.

A new version of the promethean knight with the spikes the alpha crawler has. Shields are pretty strong and they use supressors. Another class could be a spec ops version of the promethean knight.

Prometheans would need some serious over hauling if I’m going to really enjoy their existence in a game. It would take a bit more than new classes, though I would applaud that decision. Also, what about other types of Forerunner security AI? You could have a sub-class of different robots who hate Prometheans and kill them on sight - or will hide behind them when the player arrives, driving the Prometheans into confrontation with the player and waiting until his shields are low and his ammo is nil and the Promes are dead to strike.

But you know what I’d really like? More Lekgolo forms. Not just hunters or scarabs moar. Moar stuffs.

I’d also like more playability. I brought this up the last time this thread made it’s rounds:

> Imagine playing as a Hunter? You’d be massive, with the option to block, charge up your cannon, and one-hit melee the enemy.
>
> Jackal? Fast, agile, super accurate - plus shield.
>
> Brute? You could have something akin to an AA that causes you to take mitigated damage and murder enemies instantly. It’d be timed, but for every kill you get more time - meaning chain kills and constant momentum. Once it ends the cool-down is super long and you take more damage, discouraging “Panic Berserking” (camping and going berserk when someone comes by) and rewarding suicidal use of it.
>
> Drone? FLYING.
>
> Grunt? You could lead a team. They’d play like mini-Spartans, and then when you die, instead of respawning, you take control of another member of your squad, Dragon Age style.
>
> Prophet?? Halo BioWare RPG anyone?
>
> Sentinel? Like a Drone, but stronger, doing more damage, and less maneuverable. Strafing would be boss.
>
> Flood infection form - or better yet, a grenade that functions like a Flood carrier form and a pulse grenade. It hits the ground, does nothing for a second, then blows up like a balloon and shoots dozens of the little buggers everywhere indiscriminately. Good lord that would be so much cooler than every Promethean gun ever. 343, y u no come up with good ideas like that?

> 2533274898131165;5:
> I want to see more wildlife

I totally agree, the moa were a good start but I really think that having diverse wildlife would really add some much beauty to the campaign.

> 2533274898131165;5:

That would make the environment more immersive, love the idea.

> 2533274898131165;5:

I also want a halo game that innovates like snake eater did with metal gear. WIldlife for the win, especially if they agro to anything, as I think a promethean showing up and yelling only to get rammed by an alien rhino would be a hype moment.

> 2533274842918190;6:
> I want to see the Prometheans reworked a bit.
>
> The Knight needs to become less of a bullet sponge. A Promethean Heavy Unit (call it a Titan or something) would be good. Maybe build it to be similar to a Beserker from Gears of War.

True that, I would love too see Promethean Nights using their abilities more. For example there teleport melee, you can use you’re thruster pack to evade it causing them to be venerable to attacks. In halo 4 they barely used this, I’m not saying they should teleport every 10 sec but to see them at least do it a decent amount. other than that they should add new abilities too them and make them more reliable on there abilities than there shields. I like the idea of making a Promethean Heavy Unit, it would be cool to see if it could change it’s form to fit the situation like it could change into a huge laser canon too destroy vehicles, then it could turn into its heavy armored form equipped with a incineration canon that would need to charge and cool down and a chain gun that would shoot whatever ammunition the suppressor uses. I cant think of another form but how you would kill it is shooting it in a orange orb that is built in its body. Just an idea though

> 2533274894863132;11:
> > 2533274898131165;5:
> > I want to see more wildlife
>
>
> I also want a halo game that innovates like snake eater did with metal gear. WIldlife for the win, especially if they agro to anything, as I think a promethean showing up and yelling only to get rammed by an alien rhino would be a hype moment.

That just sounds epic, I think wild life would be amazing in halo if they pull it off just right. Wild life for the win!

Can anyone help me to answer my sons question on here? He has been playing Halo 4 for a couple weeks now and cannot figure out how to spawn the Promethean knights. Being the Xbox inept mother I am, Ihave no idea how to help him with this.

Necropost. Thank you moderators for locking

> 2533274974984138;15:
> Necropost. Thank you moderators for locking

Unnecessary post is unnecessary. :confused:

> 2535421824055888;14:
> Can anyone help me to answer my sons question on here? He has been playing Halo 4 for a couple weeks now and cannot figure out how to spawn the Promethean knights. Being the Xbox inept mother I am, Ihave no idea how to help him with this.

Hi there! I sent you a PM. :slight_smile: