new enemies, Skimmers etc

So what do people think about the skimmers? They seem like mechanical version of drones somewhat and which side do you think they “belong to”?
They were doing something to the monitor-looking-like thing and personal quess would be they are with the Harbringer but they were using shockrifles which in my knowledge belong to banished? Someone else said the Skimmers are banished just because of that. Theres also the fact on the trailer the new cortana said new enemie(s) so that could mean theres more than just the skimmers.

I’m anxious to see if there are any new/old promethean weapons associated with these characters.

I wonder if they are Created or a part of Banished.

They looked like flying jackels to me

My guess based on their appearance is that they are related to the Harbinger. We know that Echerum thinks “The Harbinger and the Banished share the same goal) so the Banished have probably outfitted these new enemies with their weapons as they are Allies. (At least for the moment) it would not surprise me at all if the Harbinger betrayed The Banished at some point during the campaign.

I don’t mind them. But I’d rather have the Buggers make a return after 10 years of absence.

I definitely think the Skimmers are with the Harbinger, solely based on what they look like. However, the Banished weapons indicate, to me, some kind of rivalry or agreement between the two, either of which are cool. The rivalry theory calls back to the Flood/Covenant dynamic from CE, while obviously an agreement would be kind of a reverse Halo 3 situation. Either way, I’m excited to get into the lore on this one and see how it affects the story

Can’t say I like the name very much.

You were killed by a pool skimmer. How embarrassing. How embarrassing.

> Can’t say I like the name very much.
>
> You were killed by a pool skimmer. How embarrassing. How embarrassing.

Now I need fan art of a Brute chasing Chief with a pool skimmer

> 2535417949951432;9:
> > Can’t say I like the name very much.
> >
> > You were killed by a pool skimmer. How embarrassing. How embarrassing.
>
> Now I need fan art of a Brute chasing Chief with a pool skimmer

Old man Craig is overheard yelling “get off my lawn you stupid Spartan!” while swinging his pool skimmer menacingly.

Skimmers share design aspects with the Harbinger, pretty sure they are related. Curious to see if there’s another form, more weapons, or vehicles related to them.

Curious if they’ll be a bit of comedy relief like the Grunts were before.

I believe the skimmers and the harbinger are a group under the harbinger and they are altered precursors or primordials. Look at precursors they had tentacles just like the skimmers but had the ability to change their bodies and they are clearly have a problem with forerunners which is shown with them destroying the monitor thing as well as the harbinger chick saying they lied, I would also believe she (harbinger) is a gravemind basically. That would explain her powers of force push and hatred towards the forerunners as well as humans.