new eds of The Flood and First Strike...

Are there significant changes and updates to warrant buying a copy? I have read the old version from both before, multiple times.

Is anything edited that aligns it more with Halo: Reach?

I haven’t gone through First Strike yet. The Flood obviously wouldn’t be changed because it’s adapted directly from Halo CE. Both books do have incredible information in the Adjunct, better than what was in Fall of Reach.

The Flood is such a painful read for me. I hope the reprint has a negligible amount of additions, because I really don’t fancy another visit to that book.

It won’t, it’s a direct adaptation of the game, the game would have to change for the book to change.

I’ve been wondering the same. I absolutely hate the Flood but I’m curious as to the changes. I think the Halopedian has them listed -

NameBright - Coming Soon
NameBright - Coming Soon
NameBright - Coming Soon
The new covers do look fantastic though.

> Are there significant changes and updates to warrant buying a copy? I have read the old version from both before, multiple times.
>
>
>
> Is anything edited that aligns it more with Halo: Reach?

dont get your hopes up, fall of reach was exactly the same and dosen’t match up with game canon

Well, just hypothetically speaking it is possible for change but, only on the ODST parts, you know at the Butte.

> I’ve been wondering the same. I absolutely hate the Flood but I’m curious as to the changes. I think the Halopedian has them listed -
>
>
http://www.halopedian.com/Halo:_The_Fall_of_Reach#2010_bonus_content
> http://www.halopedian.com/Halo:_The_Flood#2010_bonus_content
> http://www.halopedian.com/Halo:_First_Strike#2010_bonus_content
> The new covers do look fantastic though.

Nice find, I’ve been hesitant to buy them again just for some new stuff. BTW, I made those clickable for ya.

Not nearly as satisfying as actually reading it. It’s basically the same effect as saying it has new stuff in it. I hear the mass market versions will have the years fixed, not sure about anything else.

> Not nearly as satisfying as actually reading it. It’s basically the same effect as saying it has new stuff in it. I hear the mass market versions will have the years fixed, not sure about anything else.

Well yeah, but it’s a good enough overview to help me make up my mind on whether or not to get them. Especially The Flood, which was a pain in the -Yoink- to read.

The Flood easily has the best new content, it’s well worth the money. As far as the new content is concerned Fall of Reach is the weak point.

> The Flood easily has the best new content, it’s well worth the money. As far as the new content is concerned Fall of Reach is the weak point.

fall of reach didnt add any new content and still dosent match up with the game, that way the thing i hated the most.

I might have to re-purchase all of these titles again… :slight_smile:

> I might have to re-purchase all of these titles again… :slight_smile:

If you’re hardcore into the fiction it’s totally worth it! I grabbed each one as soon as my store got them, which was always before the official release day.

Amen, same here. For me, the extra fiction-expanding pieces and collection-streamlining covers alone were well worth it. But then, I think I have a Halo-collecting problem, lol.

Grim

> If you’re hardcore into the fiction it’s totally worth it! I grabbed each one as soon as my store got them, which was always before the official release day.

Oh, I’ve always been hardcore into the fiction. (Why do I feel dirty saying that…)

Buying the Tor reprints was my first time buying and reading the original three Halo novels. Other than the bonus content in the back, did anyone find some edits in the actual text? I’d look myself, but I do not own the original printings.