New direction for the Halo Universe

Any ideas for the direction of the universe?

As how I see it is that either

A.) Flood will come back and once again try to eat its way through all sentient life.
B.) Human vs. Storm with Halsey maybe helping out Jul.

C.) Ur- Didact still alive and wants vengeance on the chief along with humanity.

Probably UNSC vs. ONI vs. Storm

ok I will add that on if possible, I’m new here.

I don’t believe you can. I think that anyone that thinks that will select UNSC vs. Storm anyway, since it’s closets. So don’t worry about it.

Don’t forget the Arbiter and his elites.

All of the above. I mean nobody really knows we could be going against all of them.

Yeah, true, but they will probably not include him as he is facing a sanghelli civil war, although I do love the arbiter.

> All of the above. I mean nobody really knows we could be going against all of them.

Yeah that would be a more intense story most likely suited for the end of the trilogy.(Halo 6)

I think a few months down the storyline, 2559, the Arbiter will be close to finishing his goals when it comes to hunting down any remaining Prophets and wrapping up most of the events, downfall, of the civil war on Sanghellios.

I am willing to think that we will likely have some mystery revolving around something the Precursors left or sent our way, it may not be the Flood at all, but I bet it will be something just as disgusting and evil.

If you are going to truly test a species, then you want to mix your tactics up a bit, force them to be pitted against themselves, or their allies, which seems to be happening right now within the story. The one pulling the strings behind the events, and veil, whether Precursor or otherwise will let us begin to tear ourselves apart before engaging them.

It is possible that the Ur-Didact, if he is still alive, was a pawn of a greater threat, more than just having issues due to his mutation and experiences being exiled by Faber during Silentium. I think theres a reason Faber stranded him, instead of killing him like he had done so many other Prometheans.

I see the following happening:

Halo 5:

The Didact returns with more Prometheans (we learn that both robotic and living Forerunners who fled to the Maginot line and remained dormant in cryptums are part of his new regime). Jul and Halsey accomplished revenge against ONI (post Spartan Ops) and are searching for the Absolute Record in a partnership alliance.

Master Chief resumes ops on the Infinity where he comes across the Arbiter and Separatists as his fleet joins the Infinity. Suddenly, the fleet discovers a mysterious distress call sent to them. After translating the Forerunner code, it indicates that Prometheans and Forerunners are attacking an installation unknown to humanity.

The fleet responds and arrives at the installation. They discover it’s the second ark, the Greater Ark being bombarded by a small Forerunner fleet of Prometheans. The Didact is discovered alive and the UNSC attempt to repel the attack. It should be noted that a Halo is orbiting the Ark. Master Chief and the Arbiter are deployed to the surface. Upon arriving on the Greater Ark’s surface and suppressing attacks there, it’s revealed the Didact wants to destroy the record of human geneology and geas in the Absolute Record (yes that’s right - my assumption is the Greater Ark IS the Absolute Record). His motives are complete genocidal elimination of humanity to restore power to the Prometheans.

After a pyrrhic victory at a huge loss of ships, the UNSC discovers the Librarian is still alive and awakened from a second Cryptum. The Chief and Arbiter discover Jul is there and attempt to silence him once and for all. John is knocked out by Jul using a Forerunner weapon which causes his armor to go into a lockdown. Thel is left to combat Jul in an energy sword duel. During their duel, Halsey appears with the Librarian demanding they cease their ‘bickering’ as she briefs them on their presence there. Jul and his remnant with Halsey had awakened her with the assistance of an ‘AI’ from a UNSC ship that had crashed on the surface - Chakas/343 Guilty Spark fragment. They had sent the signal out to warn all sentient species that the Librarian has revealed details on a ‘test’ for humanity and that it has failed to be an heir to the Mantle. They are interrupted by the Didact who attempt to kill the Arbiter and Jul for his treachery. The Librarian confronts the Didact by forcing Prometheans under his control on the surface to defect to her, accompanied by the Covenant Remnant. An uneasy alliance is forged between the Remnant and UNSC/Separatists to repel the Didact. Halsey unlocks Master Chief, but is killed by the Didact during the process. An enraged Jul and John attack the Didact but Jul is severely wounded by him.

The Didact flees to the Halo Installation above (which turns out to be 07) in a desperate attempt to destroy the fleet, pursued by the Arbiter and a small team of united forces consisting of the UNSC, Separatists, Remnant and Promethean AIs. He activates the ring but it misfires due to the damage caused over 100,000 years ago due to the loss of mass. The Didact’s forces attempt to repair the Halo but succomb to an unknown threat released from the activation. Back on the Ark, John mourns Halsey as the Librarian places her body into a stasis capsule believed to compose her being, similar to Chakas. He helps Jul who refuses treatment by both the UNSC/Separatist alliance as well as the Librarian. She then reveals that they all must live as it is their destiny to preserve the Mantle, not as only one species, but as a united alliance of races.

The alliance attempts to stop the Didact the same time he fled to the ring as they fear the ring is a threat to their immediate location. To their astonishment, the Didact is nowhere to be found and several Prometheans have become Flood, with their robotic counterparts attempting to fight them off in a losing battle. They stumble across a Gravemind which they destroy.

Before the Gravemind dies, he tells them that they failed the test and now extermination begins. Millions of spores and Flood pods bombard the surface of the Greater Ark in an attempt to contaminate all recorded and catalogued species on the Greater Ark, to permanently unite all sentient life in the form of the parasitic Flood.

With too few ships and soldiers to fight off the massive Flood consuming them as well as taking over ships, all non-infected forces flee to a safe distance only to see the Infinity covered in Flood mass. During the deployment on the ring, it had been infected. The Infinity then flees the area to an unknown location.

END OF HALO 5

> I see the following happening:
>
> Halo 5:
>
> The Didact returns with more Prometheans (we learn that both robotic and living Forerunners who fled to the Maginot line and remained dormant in cryptums are part of his new regime). Jul and Halsey accomplished revenge against ONI (post Spartan Ops) and are searching for the Absolute Record in a partnership alliance.
>
> Master Chief resumes ops on the Infinity where he comes across the Arbiter and Separatists as his fleet joins the Infinity. Suddenly, the fleet discovers a mysterious distress call sent to them. After translating the Forerunner code, it indicates that Prometheans and Forerunners are attacking an installation unknown to humanity.
>
> The fleet responds and arrives at the installation. They discover it’s the second ark, the Greater Ark being bombarded by a small Forerunner fleet of Prometheans. The Didact is discovered alive and the UNSC attempt to repel the attack. It should be noted that a Halo is orbiting the Ark. Master Chief and the Arbiter are deployed to the surface. Upon arriving on the Greater Ark’s surface and suppressing attacks there, it’s revealed the Didact wants to destroy the record of human geneology and geas in the Absolute Record (yes that’s right - my assumption is the Greater Ark IS the Absolute Record). His motives are complete genocidal elimination of humanity to restore power to the Prometheans.
>
> After a pyrrhic victory at a huge loss of ships, the UNSC discovers the Librarian is still alive and awakened from a second Cryptum. The Chief and Arbiter discover Jul is there and attempt to silence him once and for all. John is knocked out by Jul using a Forerunner weapon which causes his armor to go into a lockdown. Thel is left to combat Jul in an energy sword duel. During their duel, Halsey appears with the Librarian demanding they cease their ‘bickering’ as she briefs them on their presence there. Jul and his remnant with Halsey had awakened her with the assistance of an ‘AI’ from a UNSC ship that had crashed on the surface - Chakas/343 Guilty Spark fragment. They had sent the signal out to warn all sentient species that the Librarian has revealed details on a ‘test’ for humanity and that it has failed to be an heir to the Mantle. They are interrupted by the Didact who attempt to kill the Arbiter and Jul for his treachery. The Librarian confronts the Didact by forcing Prometheans under his control on the surface to defect to her, accompanied by the Covenant Remnant. An uneasy alliance is forged between the Remnant and UNSC/Separatists to repel the Didact.
>
> The Didact flees to the Halo Installation above (which turns out to be 07) in a desperate attempt to destroy the fleet. He activates the ring but it misfires due to the damage caused over 100,000 years ago due to the loss of mass. The Didact’s forces attempt to repair the Halo but succomb to an unknown threat released from the activation. The alliance attempts to stop the Didact the same time he fled to the ring as they fear the ring is a threat to their immediate location. To their astonishment, the Didact is nowhere to be found and several Prometheans have become Flood, with their robotic counterparts attempting to fight them off in a losing battle. They stumble across a Gravemind which they destroy.
>
> Before the Gravemind dies, he tells them that they failed the test and now extermination begins. Millions of spores and Flood pods bombard the surface of the Greater Ark in an attempt to contaminate all recorded and catalogued species on the Greater Ark, to permanently unite all sentient life in the form of the parasitic Flood.
>
> With too few ships and soldiers to fight off the massive Flood consuming them as well as taking over ships, all non-infected forces flee to a safe distance only to see the Infinity covered in Flood mass. During the deployment on the ring, it had been infected. The Infinity then flees the area to an unknown location.
>
> END OF HALO 5

Very great idea, but I highly doubt 343 would go on that high of a scale that could end all species, but it is possible, props to you!

I could see them all happening at the same time really. That would make H5 super dark indeed.

> > All of the above. I mean nobody really knows we could be going against all of them.
>
> Yeah that would be a more intense story most likely suited for the end of the trilogy.(Halo 6)

Going against all here pretty soon would be even better.

I added some more to my paragraph above. If my idea were made into the sequel, I would ask that it span to discs for a long campaign similar to Halo 2.

> I see the following happening:
>
> Halo 5:
>
> The Didact returns with more Prometheans (we learn that both robotic and living Forerunners who fled to the Maginot line and remained dormant in cryptums are part of his new regime). Jul and Halsey accomplished revenge against ONI (post Spartan Ops) and are searching for the Absolute Record in a partnership alliance.
>
> Master Chief resumes ops on the Infinity where he comes across the Arbiter and Separatists as his fleet joins the Infinity. Suddenly, the fleet discovers a mysterious distress call sent to them. After translating the Forerunner code, it indicates that Prometheans and Forerunners are attacking an installation unknown to humanity.
>
> The fleet responds and arrives at the installation. They discover it’s the second ark, the Greater Ark being bombarded by a small Forerunner fleet of Prometheans. The Didact is discovered alive and the UNSC attempt to repel the attack. It should be noted that a Halo is orbiting the Ark. Master Chief and the Arbiter are deployed to the surface. Upon arriving on the Greater Ark’s surface and suppressing attacks there, it’s revealed the Didact wants to destroy the record of human geneology and geas in the Absolute Record (yes that’s right - my assumption is the Greater Ark IS the Absolute Record). His motives are complete genocidal elimination of humanity to restore power to the Prometheans.
>
> After a pyrrhic victory at a huge loss of ships, the UNSC discovers the Librarian is still alive and awakened from a second Cryptum. The Chief and Arbiter discover Jul is there and attempt to silence him once and for all. John is knocked out by Jul using a Forerunner weapon which causes his armor to go into a lockdown. Thel is left to combat Jul in an energy sword duel. During their duel, Halsey appears with the Librarian demanding they cease their ‘bickering’ as she briefs them on their presence there. Jul and his remnant with Halsey had awakened her with the assistance of an ‘AI’ from a UNSC ship that had crashed on the surface - Chakas/343 Guilty Spark fragment. They had sent the signal out to warn all sentient species that the Librarian has revealed details on a ‘test’ for humanity and that it has failed to be an heir to the Mantle. They are interrupted by the Didact who attempt to kill the Arbiter and Jul for his treachery. The Librarian confronts the Didact by forcing Prometheans under his control on the surface to defect to her, accompanied by the Covenant Remnant. An uneasy alliance is forged between the Remnant and UNSC/Separatists to repel the Didact. Halsey unlocks Master Chief, but is killed by the Didact during the process. An enraged Jul and John attack the Didact but Jul is severely wounded by him.
>
> The Didact flees to the Halo Installation above (which turns out to be 07) in a desperate attempt to destroy the fleet, pursued by the Arbiter and a small team of united forces consisting of the UNSC, Separatists, Remnant and Promethean AIs. He activates the ring but it misfires due to the damage caused over 100,000 years ago due to the loss of mass. The Didact’s forces attempt to repair the Halo but succomb to an unknown threat released from the activation. Back on the Ark, John mourns Halsey as the Librarian places her body into a stasis capsule believed to compose her being, similar to Chakas. He helps Jul who refuses treatment by both the UNSC/Separatist alliance as well as the Librarian. She then reveals that they all must live as it is their destiny to preserve the Mantle, not as only one species, but as a united alliance of races.
>
> The alliance attempts to stop the Didact the same time he fled to the ring as they fear the ring is a threat to their immediate location. To their astonishment, the Didact is nowhere to be found and several Prometheans have become Flood, with their robotic counterparts attempting to fight them off in a losing battle. They stumble across a Gravemind which they destroy.
>
> Before the Gravemind dies, he tells them that they failed the test and now extermination begins. Millions of spores and Flood pods bombard the surface of the Greater Ark in an attempt to contaminate all recorded and catalogued species on the Greater Ark, to permanently unite all sentient life in the form of the parasitic Flood.
>
> With too few ships and soldiers to fight off the massive Flood consuming them as well as taking over ships, all non-infected forces flee to a safe distance only to see the Infinity covered in Flood mass. During the deployment on the ring, it had been infected. The Infinity then flees the area to an unknown location.
>
> END OF HALO 5

I like this idea. It’d be awesome to see another Ark and go onto another Halo. I like the idea of failing the test and then trying to avoid extermination.

I think H6 should conclude with all forces uniting as the Infinity is used as an assault carrier dropping Flood on sentient planets throught the galaxy in an effort to exterminate and unite them. With Halsey dead and encapsulated, the Librarian could implement a process that would convert her state of mind into an AI for John, just like Cortana, but more advanced due to Forerunner tech.

As other planets combat the Flood, they unite with other species in a massive coalition for the greater benefit of their survival.

In the end, the Infinity should be lost, and used as a weapon against the massively infected Installation 07.

The final battle should take place over Charum Hakkor, with the Arbiter, Chief and Jul with a massive Gravemind onboard the Infinity who later reveals himself to be composed of the Didact who attempted to stop him in H5, and the infamous Master Builder. The significance of the final location should be based on soemthing allegorical and ironic - where the Didact defeated humans once, he will be defeated in his altered and assimilated form. He is too strong to be defeated with Firepower so the trio fight to get to the bridge to set the ship on a collision course with Halo 07.

As part of an epilogue, we see a massive fleet orbiting over the Greater Ark, and all species once at war united, from Humanity to Jiralhanae and Unggoy. They can be seen wandering the Greater Ark and learning of their origins and geas that set them on a course to fight for their survival against the ultimate test. John recovers the AI Roland from the ship prior to its collision course, who happens to have a partition of Cortana saved. Seeing hope in reviving her, the Chief brings the shard to the Librarian still alive on the Greater Ark, who combines it with the AI Halsey, re-implanting it in the body encapsulated. The body was repaired and Halsey appears as if she was in her younger years again with dark hair, a splitting image of Cortana in the flesh. Some words are exchanged with John once again saying he fulfills his promise and always will for her. The ending would be a tad bit romantic as he takes his helmet off to kiss her, Cortana saying “I’ve always wanted to do that…”

Now for a bit of humor and a great closing for the legendary ending, we should see Elites, Brutes and Humans partying it up on Earth as they all compete for slamming down the most beers as Grunts yell “chug chug chug”

Lets not forget some Huragok bartenders using their tentacles pouring drinks for some ODSTs we have seen before too

> Lets not forget some Huragok bartenders using their tentacles pouring drinks for some ODSTs we have seen before too

Lol… yes I wonder what cocktails and beers they have made in the future.

Here’s what I think will happen, with Halo 5’s Campaign at least, in order (some stuff):

Two separate Campaigns. One where you play as Master Chief mostly looking for Cortana and the other playing as Thorne (with the rest of Majestic helping) mostly dealing with Storm.

Thorne: Fight Storm + Prometheans.

Master Chief: Didact revealed to have survived; Living Forerunners arrive; Fight living Forerunners.

Infinity fights the Forerunner ships in space. Infinity starts losing, so it slips away.

Master Chief: Stop ONI at ONI HQ, and defeat Osman in a QTE (Osman does not die)

Thorne (Thorne’s Ending): Board Jul’s Covenant Cruiser, and then kill Jul in a QTE, thus throwing Storm into chaos. DeMarco dies in the process, thus making Thorne the leader of Majestic team.

Master Chief (Master Chief’s Ending): Finding/Saving/Something Cortana.

At the very end of the Campaign, Infinity arrives, is haled, but no response. More ships arrive. The ships launch thousands of what look like drop pods onto the planet Master Chief is on. Some drop pods crash land in front of Master Chief, and explode. When the smoke clears away, Flood are revealed (meaning the drops pods are actually Flood Dispersal Pods). All in a cliffhangar cutscene.

The Didact is very much alive, but he will not be a primary antagonist anymore. I would predict the return of the Flood, and I would hope the Precursors are mentioned in some significant manner. It would be a real let-down for 343 to build up these beings in the Forerunner books and then leave then out of the games.