New data pretty much confirms Cortana logic plague

In the new data drop here, it pretty much confirms that Cortana is indeed suffering from logic plague. What do you think about this?

Wow, very interesting! I’ll definitely be checking in on this in the future.

> 2533274840469109;1:
> In the new data drop here, it pretty much confirms that Cortana is indeed suffering from logic plague. What do you think about this?

By sounds of it this is a Prophet who fled High Charity and overheard Cortana being tortured by the Gravemind at the end of Halo 2.

That doesn’t really tell us anything new. It’s pretty much always been heavily implied or at least retrospectively meant to have been that the Gravemind used the Logic Plaguento break Cortana. However it does very definitively tell us that he was using the Logic Plague.

The issue is that it didnt seem to break her in Halo 3 and it’s difficult to see why this would manifest in the Domain at this moment.

Obviously the language about the Logic Plague turning an AI into a monster is suggestive. There’s nothing in Halo 3 to imply that, but it does kind of square with Cortanas actions in Halo 5.

> 2533274840469109;1:
> In the new data drop here, it pretty much confirms that Cortana is indeed suffering from logic plague. What do you think about this?

No, it doesn’t confirm anything yet. Please don’t go around spreading false information.

All it’s telling me is that Logic Plague is a possible reason for it. Doesn’t actually confirm anything.

I just want stuff on how the Created operate, enough multiple choice “What’s up with Cortana?” stuff.

I would take this information with a grain of salt for the moment, but it wouldn’t surprise me if it ends up being at least somewhat true. It strikes me as a way for 343 to cover themselves after getting backed into a corner with Halo 5.

The only thing this data drop confirms is, that the UNSC Coral Sea made it back to UNSC controlled space,now we still need to figure out what happend to the Redoubtable and the Paris.

While the new ‘data’ may look like it confirms that Cortana has the logic plague it might be another red herring. The source comes from a San’Shyuum a Prophet. Not the most trustworthy species of the Covennant. Plus it was running for its life. Its fear could be distorting its perceptions. Until Halo 6 comes out or Mendicant Bias says, “Yep, she has the Logic Plague.” I’m taking this with a grain of salt.

> 2533274840469109;1:

She’s a rampant fragment of the original cortana.That was confirmed in one of the halo comics or short stories

It doesn’t confirm it but it at least shows that 343 is playing with the idea and they have at least thought about it. It might be a red herring but it is suspicious that they bring it up now.

Wouldn’t call this confirmation. The captured prophet is merely inferring a possible scenario, or making an assumption based on knowledge he’d gotten elsewhere. He didn’t know for sure.

Also, this all would have happened when Cortana was on High Charity, well before she fragmented herself and made contact with the Domain, which we don’t know how that changed her.

> 2533274803587475;3:
> The issue is that it didnt seem to break her in Halo 3

Honestly Cortana wasn’t around for a great deal of Halo 3. She was rescued, lit the Halo, and then drifting in space for several years. The next data drop might reveal more information, but we do know from the last one (not the Flood one that was just dropped) that she “accidentally” killed Aine.

Also I’d like to add that it was pretty weird (but kind of funny) for a Prophet to say “verboten”.

> 2533274804813082;13:
> > 2533274803587475;3:
> > The issue is that it didnt seem to break her in Halo 3
>
> Honestly Cortana wasn’t around for a great deal of Halo 3. She was rescued, lit the Halo, and then drifting in space for several years. The next data drop might reveal more information, but we do know from the last one (not the Flood one that was just dropped) that she “accidentally” killed Aine.
>
> Also I’d like to add that it was pretty weird (but kind of funny) for a Prophet to say “verboten”.

I suppose but you would have to then argue that in Halo 4 she wasn’t really rampant which seems a bit implausible since the LP doesn’t cause AI to physically deteriorate.

One other thing. It’s assumed that the LP will always make the AI go Mendicant and willing serve the Flood. Whereas the Prophet described this as just insane. Which would make pigeon holing Cortanas actions as a result of the LP easier to explain.

> 2533274817408735;12:
> Wouldn’t call this confirmation. The captured prophet is merely inferring a possible scenario, or making an assumption based on knowledge he’d gotten elsewhere. He didn’t know for sure.
>
> Also, this all would have happened when Cortana was on High Charity, well before she fragmented herself and made contact with the Domain, which we don’t know how that changed her.

This is true.

Even though, it is definitely interesting that they chose to release this data drop now, when it appears so relevant. An interesting tease, and our first real hint towards the Logic Plague possibility (as opposed to a simple Rampancy thing).

> 2533274803587475;14:
> > 2533274804813082;13:
> > > 2533274803587475;3:
> > > The issue is that it didnt seem to break her in Halo 3
> >
> > Honestly Cortana wasn’t around for a great deal of Halo 3. She was rescued, lit the Halo, and then drifting in space for several years. The next data drop might reveal more information, but we do know from the last one (not the Flood one that was just dropped) that she “accidentally” killed Aine.
> >
> > Also I’d like to add that it was pretty weird (but kind of funny) for a Prophet to say “verboten”.
>
> I suppose but you would have to then argue that in Halo 4 she wasn’t really rampant which seems a bit implausible since the LP doesn’t cause AI to physically deteriorate.
>
> One other thing. It’s assumed that the LP will always make the AI go Mendicant and willing serve the Flood. Whereas the Prophet described this as just insane. Which would make pigeon holing Cortanas actions as a result of the LP easier to explain.

I always thought the Logic Plague isn’t really a plague at all, but is the AI’s realization that the Flood is indeed the only answer to galactic unity. Basically the Gravemind repeatedly tries to convince the AI that the Flood is the solution, until eventually the AI is convinced and “turns” to the so-called dark side.

Cortana also spoke to the Gravemind quite a bit, but it doesn’t appear that he convinced her (nor dod he have even a small fraction of the time he had with Bias to convince her). Case in point: Cortana has an entirely different solution for unity, which this entire Created Revolution thing is all about. She unites the living species of the galaxy under a new AI regime.

Will it stick? No. And maybe that in itself will convince Cortana that the Gravemind was right. If she won’t die in the process, that is.

> 2533274812652989;6:
> I just want stuff on how the Created operate, enough multiple choice “What’s up with Cortana?” stuff.

It’s funny. As if 343i are trying to keep all options available with her for Halo 6.

> 2533274840469109;1:

In the data drop image you posted I noticed some marks in the centre of the page, black irregular Iines. Seems to be 3 blocks top, middle, bottom. it looks to me like it is a split up bar code but your pic is not that great to see it so can you put it together and scan it or post please.

Hopefully it will be a link that will give us a bit more of the story or perhaps a link to talk to Oberon 5.

> 2533274803587475;14:
> I suppose but you would have to then argue that in Halo 4 she wasn’t really rampant which seems a bit implausible since the LP doesn’t cause AI to physically deteriorate.

My wife actually made the observation that what if her “rampancy” was a huge ploy? The goal was get back to Earth. When that wasn’t really possible anymore, Cortana removed a major player from the game (the Didact, who probably could have helped mankind, or at least combated her), stole his army, and gained access to the Domain which she quickly infected (taking over the Warden). She even said that she wasn’t doing it for humanity, but for John. In Halo 5, she also does practically everything for John; preserving “her” Spartans and snubbing the rest.

The Logic Plage - if she has it - has turned her into a greater monster than the Flood, as Alo Sebukah warned. As my wife thought, what if Cortana wasn’t rampant at all, but harbored the goal all along of making her way to the Domain to then take over the galaxy? Her arguing with herself on the Forward Unto Dawn could have been the internal debate to kill John or spare him - not born from rampancy but from a conflict of devotion and hatred. Hell, she even could have been twisted to believe she was rampant, when in fact she wasn’t.

Well, if she was faking her rampancy because of the logic plague, I feel sorry for Chris Schlerf for bothering to waste so much time worrying about successfully telling Cortana’s descent into rampancy when it was all an evil ruse the whole time. And I feel sorry for Josh Holmes who used the experience he was going through with his mother’s dementia as a basis for Cortana’s rampancy.

Why have a story about someone coming to grips with their mortality when you can just make them secretly evil?