New Custom Options [UPDATE #3]

> If you haven’t already checked out my thread on remakes and DLC, do that now, here. I’ve explained that if 343i give us the right custom options with these remakes, we’d be able to recreate the previous games.

These are the new custom game options that I’d like to see on offer in H4:

Weapon skin - what the weapon looks like

Weapon reload animation - what weapon reload animation you use. [THE WEAPON SKIN WILL HAVE TO BE THE SAME AS THE RELOAD ANIMATION]

Weapon ammo - what the weapon fires

Weapon accuracy - the size of the reticule

Weapon firing rate - what speed you can fire the weapon

Weapon damage - how much shield/health each bullet takes off, or puts on

Weapon splash radius - how far from the point of impact someone can be affected by the bullet

Weapon splash damage - if it’s not a direct hit and they’re standing in the splash radius, how much shield/health is lost

Weapon traits - the traits the player inherits by holding the weapon, e.g speed, jump height, gravity, vampirism [IF YOU ADD HEALTH TO YOUR OPPONENT, YOU LOSE THAT HEALTH] overshields

Think of the possibilities with these options! To help you, here’s something I’ve come up with:

A rocket launcher that has an extremely large splash damage. A direct hit is instant death but splash damage causes everyone to take 50% damage. The rocket wielder has 4X overshield so not to affect them as much. Because they’re so powerful, they have 75% speed and jump height.

I bet it’s not as crazy or imaginative as what you could come up with, so please feel free to add your own!

UPDATE #1

It appears as though I’ve left out grenades!

Grenade skin - like weapon skin but for grenades

Grenade damage - like weapon damage but for grenades

Grenade splash radius - like weapon splash radius but for grenades

Grenade splash damage - like weapon splash damage but for grenades

Grenade arc - the path the grenade follows when you throw it [THROW LIKE AN ODST OR SPARTAN]

Grenade bounce - how much momentum the grenade keeps when it hits a surface.

Grenade stick - whether the grenade will attach itself to a surface [STICK LIKE A PLASMA OR A SPIKE]

Grenade fuse - how long it takes the grenade to detonate

And here’s a few extra ones:

Lefty/Righty - whether you are left handed or right handed

Dual wield - whether you can have a weapon in each hand

Weapon x2 - whether you can dual wield the weapon

Weapon lefty/righty - whether you hold the weapon in your left hand or right hand [THERE’LL BE AN OPTION FOR BOTH]

I think I should explain this last option. If you are a righty and you see a lefty weapon, you will not be able to use it. If it is set to both however, it won’t matter if you’re a lefty or a righty.

UPDATE #2

I’ve been told to include melee and vehicle settings so here they are!

Weapon melee animation - how you punch your foes with each weapon

Melee animation - how you punch your foes with your fists

Melee lunge - how far you will travel to punch your foe

Melee assist - how much help you get with punching your foes

Melee speed - how fast you can punch your foe

Melee splash radius - like weapon splash radius, but with melee [IF YOU USE THE OTHER SETTINGS TO CREATE A HULK LIKE CHARACTER, IMAGINE THIS AS A SHOCKWAVE]

Melee splash damage - like weapon splash damage, but with melee

Melee sting traits - the traits the other player will inherit when you melee them and how long for

Those are all I can think of right now, so I’ll move on to vehicles

Vehicle enter animation - the animation you use when entering a vehicle

Vehicle exit animation - the animation you use when exiting a vehicle

Vehicle jack animation - the animation you use when jacking a vehicle

Vehicle honk noise - the noise the vehicle makes when you honk the horn

Vehicle honk duration - how long the honk can go on for

Vehicle honk level - how loud the honk seems

Vehicle max speed - the highest speed you can reach

Vehicle min speed - the lowest speed you can go

Vehicle acceleration - how quickly you can get up to the max speed

Vehicle brake power - how quickly you come to a halt when you brake

Vehicle slide - how much your back end comes out when you hand brake

Vehicle slide damage - how much damage is done when you slide in to someone

Vehicle speed damage - how much damage is done when you hit someone whilst driving

Vehicle prim gun damage - like for weapon slash damage but for vehicle prime guns

Vehicle prim gun splash radius - like for weapon splash radius but for the vehicle’s prime gun

Vehicle prim gun splash damage - like for weapon splash radius but for vehicle’s prime gun

Vehicle sec gun damage - how much damage the secondary gun does

Vehicle sec gun splash radius - like for weapon splash radius but for the vehicle’s secondary gun

Vehicle secondary gun splash damage - like for weapon splash radius but for vehicle’s secondary gun

Vehicle driver traits - what traits the driver inherits

Vehicle passenger traits - what traits the passengers inherits

[ALL OF THESE OPTIONS WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR ANY VEHICLE, JUST SUBSTITUTE “VEHICLE” FOR THE NAME OF THE VEHICLE YOU WISH TO MODIFY]

The list for vehicles is much longer, but I’ve hit that point again where I’m now struggling to come up with anything else. If I’ve missed anything that could be added, please say something!

Update #3

This is a small update in terms of the number of settings, but when adjusted they’d have a huge impact on gameplay. I can’t believe I missed these out in the first place so here they are:

Bullet Magnetism - How much your bullets are pulled towards an enemy

Reticule Snapping - How much the reticule is pulled towards an enemy

Reticule Friction - How much your look sensitivity is turned down when your reticule is on an enemy

Aim Acceleration - How much time it takes for you to reach your look sensitivity

Strafe Acceleration - How much time it takes for you to reach the default movement speed

[WE COULD EVEN MAKE THESE WEAPON SPECIFIC]

i only dig the conmetic things…

like reload animation, lefty/righty,
and a custom of mine, Assassination animations…

> i only dig the conmetic things…
>
> like reload animation, lefty/righty,
> and a custom of mine, Assassination animations…

Are you saying you only like the cosmetic things because you don’t realise these options would be limited to custom games?

EDIT: Also, if I get enough suggestions I’ll add a section for them in the OP as an update.

> > i only dig the conmetic things…
> >
> > like reload animation, lefty/righty,
> > and a custom of mine, Assassination animations…
>
> Are you saying you only like the cosmetic things because you don’t realise these options would be limited to custom games?
>
> EDIT: Also, if I get enough suggestions I’ll add a section for them in the OP as an update.

oops sorry, missed that part

yeah, these would work VERY well for custom games

These would be great! Don’t forget vehicle and melee options… :wink:

> oops sorry, missed that part
>
>
> yeah, these would work VERY well for custom games
>
> …

Thanks! It’s all about providing us with the ability to create any game mode we can possibly imagine, however ingenious or silly.

> These would be great! Don’t forget vehicle and melee options… :wink:

Expect an update later on today.

Would be fantastic for customs! Really create some fun fast or slow paced games, weapon reload 20 seconds… no more spamming shotguns! haha
The only thing i can see as being the main problem is that if you give users so many options there will be lots of conflicting new opinions of what 343 should of done instead… but hey ya’ll get that anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

PS 343i FTW

Grenade skins?

I can haz holy hand grenades?

> Would be fantastic for customs! Really create some fun fast or slow paced games, weapon reload 20 seconds… no more spamming shotguns! haha
> The only thing i can see as being the main problem is that if you give users so many options there will be lots of conflicting new opinions of what 343 should of done instead… but hey ya’ll get that anyway :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> PS 343i FTW

Obviously there comes a point when you have too many options and you just have lists and lists of settings to adjust, but when it comes to that point all you need is saved gametypes, with varying combinations, to use as a base and work from.

If 343i were to include at least some of the options I have suggested, like weapon damage modifiers, there will be a lot more people chanting 343’s name.

> Grenade skins?
>
> I can haz holy hand grenades?

What I mean by skins are the already existing ones; frag, plasma, spike, so that you could combine the other options to have a frag grenade which sticks to people.

Unless of course, 343i go above and beyond and make multiple weapon and grenade skins, multiple reload, melee, assassination animations, etc. Coming from them, as a fairly new company taking on a big series like this, that would be amazing. They’d skyrocket straight up to legends.

UPDATE #2

I’ve been told to include melee and vehicle settings so here they are!

Weapon melee animation - how you punch your foes with each weapon

Melee animation - how you punch your foes with your fists

Melee lunge - how far you will travel to punch your foe

Melee assist - how much help you get with punching your foes

Melee speed - how fast you can punch your foe

Melee splash radius - like weapon splash radius, but with melee [IF YOU USE THE OTHER SETTINGS TO CREATE A HULK LIKE CHARACTER, IMAGINE THIS AS A SHOCKWAVE]

Melee splash damage - like weapon splash damage, but with melee

Melee sting traits - the traits the other player will inherit when you melee them and how long for

Those are all I can think of right now, so I’ll move on to vehicles

Vehicle enter animation - the animation you use when entering a vehicle

Vehicle exit animation - the animation you use when exiting a vehicle

Vehicle jack animation - the animation you use when jacking a vehicle

Vehicle honk noise - the noise the vehicle makes when you honk the horn

Vehicle honk duration - how long the honk can go on for

Vehicle honk level - how loud the honk seems

Vehicle max speed - the highest speed you can reach

Vehicle min speed - the lowest speed you can go

Vehicle acceleration - how quickly you can get up to the max speed

Vehicle brake power - how quickly you come to a halt when you brake

Vehicle slide - how much your back end comes out when you hand brake

Vehicle slide damage - how much damage is done when you slide in to someone

Vehicle speed damage - how much damage is done when you hit someone whilst driving

Vehicle prim gun damage - like for weapon slash damage but for vehicle prime guns

Vehicle prim gun splash radius - like for weapon splash radius but for the vehicle’s prime gun

Vehicle prim gun splash damage - like for weapon splash radius but for vehicle’s prime gun

Vehicle sec gun damage - how much damage the secondary gun does

Vehicle sec gun splash radius - like for weapon splash radius but for the vehicle’s secondary gun

Vehicle secondary gun splash damage - like for weapon splash radius but for vehicle’s secondary gun

Vehicle driver traits - what traits the driver inherits

Vehicle passenger traits - what traits the passengers inherits

[ALL OF THESE OPTIONS WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR ANY VEHICLE, JUST SUBSTITUTE “VEHICLE” FOR THE NAME OF THE VEHICLE YOU WISH TO MODIFY]

The list for vehicles is much longer, but I’ve hit that point again where I’m now struggling to come up with anything else. If I’ve missed anything that could be added, please say something!

Great ideas OP, sounds like if 343i accepted these ideas, we’ll have lots of fun!

> Great ideas OP, sounds like if 343i accepted these ideas, we’ll have lots of fun!

Thanks! I think you can tell the serious suggestions from the silly ones, but the more options, and control we have over gameplay, the more amazing and unique gametypes we can create!

Update #3

This is a small update in terms of the number of settings, but when adjusted they’d have a huge impact on gameplay. I can’t believe I missed these out in the first place so here they are:

Bullet Magnetism - How much your bullets are pulled towards an enemy

Reticule Snapping - How much the reticule is pulled towards an enemy

Reticule Friction - How much your look sensitivity is turned down when your reticule is on an enemy

Aim Acceleration - How much time it takes for you to reach your look sensitivity

Strafe Acceleration - How much time it takes for you to reach the default movement speed

[WE COULD EVEN MAKE THESE WEAPON SPECIFIC]