'New' CTF Seems Familiar?

I think the major downfall to Halo is the fact that Frankie admits to being a huge CoD fan.

Yep. I just said it. Again.

What’s that? Someone who likes both CoD and halo?! I think I need to lie down for a while. Phew! :wink:

I already know a guy who likes both CoD and Halo. These people exist, man!

I hope you have a Flame Suit ready, because I’m 100% certain 343 “Fanboys” are going to douse you with Aviation fuel and then light it.

People cannot deny that this game is using “CoD” elements though, We know “Perks” and “Load outs” and “Sprint” weren’t created by Infinity ward or Treyarch, but CoD pretty much made it become a Trend in the FPS Genre and now every FPS has some form of these elements, which is highly irritating as the FPS genre is stuck in a stand still, no progression, just the same Ideas recycled over and over again.

> What’s that? Someone who likes both CoD and halo?! I think I need to lie down for a while. Phew! :wink:
>
> I already know a guy who likes both CoD and Halo. These people exist, man!

I enjoy me come CoD every once in a while, but when I want to play Halo, let me play Halo.

Apparently that’s too much to ask.

Who cares, people can like both big shock I know.

> > What’s that? Someone who likes both CoD and halo?! I think I need to lie down for a while. Phew! :wink:
> >
> > I already know a guy who likes both CoD and Halo. These people exist, man!
>
> I enjoy me come CoD every once in a while, but when I want to play Halo, let me play Halo.
>
> Apparently that’s too much to ask.

I hope you’re not implying Halo 4 plays anything like CoD. It is overwhelmingly obvious that it plays nothing like CoD.

I have every cod game in my collection, and every halo game… but halo win the battle to me!

Nah, you can use a real weapon while holding the flag in CoD.

Speedflag is more like CoD CTF.

Halo has always been to me a proper old-school arena shooter, a DOOM on steroids. With Reach we saw the adaptation of daft modern day mechanics (“OMG EVERY GAME NEEDS SPRINT” etc) and since Bungie made a few bad decisions people have come to expect things like armour abilities in a Halo game. I’d always hoped for Halo 4 to be a true sequel to Halo 3 - it’s quite simply not.

This is a sequel to Reach in terms of mechanics and gameplay, which is a bloody shame because Reach was a shambles from the word “go” when compared to the other titles.

[deleted]

So is it against the rules to like both games? I like the occasional game of CoD, but I call myself a Halo fan. There’s no reason people can’t enjoy both.

Frankie is a fan of CoD and there are members of the 343i staff that worked on CoD. In every industry, people are going to “borrow” concepts that are popular and successful. If they were really going to take from CoD, like someone already mentioned in this thread, they would have permitted the flag to be placed on the player’s back so they could use their own primary and secondary weapons.

> Halo has always been to me a proper old-school arena shooter, a DOOM on steroids. With Reach we saw the adaptation of daft modern day mechanics (“OMG EVERY GAME NEEDS SPRINT” etc) and since Bungie made a few bad decisions people have come to expect things like armour abilities in a Halo game. I’d always hoped for Halo 4 to be a true sequel to Halo 3 - it’s quite simply not.
>
> This is a sequel to Reach in terms of mechanics and gameplay, which is a bloody shame because Reach was a shambles from the word “go” when compared to the other titles.

Sounds to me like you are not going to enjoy H4 then, maybe you shouldn’t buy it?

Because dev-bashing is totally acceptable, am I right guys?

Oh noes, someone who appreciates diversity in his game titles. He might like to read Tom Clancy as well. OH THE HUMANITY!

> So is it against the rules to like both games? I like the occasional game of CoD, but I call myself a Halo fan. There’s no reason people can’t enjoy both.

Apparently a lot of people here believe that…

This scene from Arby n the Chief was the first thing that came to mind for me (replace the names ‘darkspire’ with ‘halo’ and ‘machinima’ with ‘game development’.) It shouldn’t be criminal for different people to have different interests. I myself enjoy playing CoD at times. But I enjoy Halo quite a bit more.

Yes, new CTF feels familiar…it feels like CTF…crossbred with VIP.

Oh, you’re just here for another CoD thread? Nevermind then…

So how is it turning into CoD again?

Let’s go over the new stuff, shall we?

1. Loadouts: Every fricking FPS has that now, not just CoD.
  2. Specializations: Unlike CoD where it has unbalanced perks like “Final Stand” and “Ghost”, they don’t have major changes, but instead allow your loadouts to fit your own preference.
  3. Passing the Oddball: I don’t remember passing a skull to my teammates in CoD…
  4. The new CTF: You are limited to a sidearm that can be beaten by any other weapon, unless used skillfully. You are also becoming a VIP of sorts and the game revolves around you. In CoD, you could use any weapon and spray and pray and still manage to win. Nothing intense there.
  5. Armor Abilities: Unique and much more balanced than Reach. I don’t see anything similar in CoD.
  6. Sprint: Makes the game fast paced, nothing wrong with that.
  7. Progression system: Unlike CoD where every level gives you a more powerful weapon and you are forced to use weaker weapons at a low level, all weapons in Halo 4 fit specific roles. If you only have an AR, play in Spartan Ops and you’ll eventually earn a BR. Play in small maps and then unlock the DMR or Carbine. Then play in BTB and unlock other weapons that you may prefer. It’s different, as in CoD, Spec Ops and multiplayer have seperate progression systems.
  8. Weapon Skins: Just to make your gun look different, I don’t see anyhting wrong with that.
  9. Pulse Grenade: Very unique, I don’t see anything like this in CoD.
  10. SAW: It’s sort of a power weapon version of the AR. So what if Halo 4 features a light machine gun? These are HUMANS. Don’t forget that. And honestly, it reminds me of the SMG, only bigger in size.

> Nah, you can use a real weapon while holding the flag in CoD.
>
> Speedflag is more like CoD CTF.

Agreed.

I got to ask this.

Why is COD the ONLY game that you people think every -Yoinking!- feature originally came from!?