New CTF scoring issue

Ok so reading the bulletin I see your team gets more points if a player gets 2 or 3 caps in the same game. Don’t you guys see this being an issue? Teams will be betraying each other so one player will get the multiple cap bonus.

So those points I think are different from winning the match points. It sounded like your team gets 3 caps, y’all win. But then the post-game stats screen they order you by how many of these CTF-activity points you got. Instead of ordering by kills or that battle rating or whatever reach did. I don’t know if post-game ranking of players actually matters for anything. If it does, that’s dumb, it’s a team game. You win/lose as a team, not by how many times you carried the flag the extra 2 feet to the cap after teammate died.

wouldnt the scorer be the only one who gets extra points if they cap more flags?

Sadly, I remember plenty of times I’ve been betrayed by a random for the flag cap back in Halo 3. Doubt it’s going to change much. Jerks will still be jerks.

> Sadly, I remember plenty of times I’ve been betrayed by a random for the flag cap back in Halo 3. Doubt it’s going to change much. Jerks will still be jerks.

Too bad that the 100 points for capping will only increase this issue =/

OP, I think you’re over thinking the points.
You got your points to score, and you got your personal points

in CTF the points to score will be: Capture the Flag = 100
It’s only flag captures that actually wins the game, not the other points. It’s just like how it’s done with past games, but now, you’ll get larger amount of points for capturing the flag, for your self.

When it’s Slayer, kills counts toward the game score, but any thing extra, like double kills, assassinations, head shots, and so on, don’t effect the game score, just your score.

This is a dumb thread… I hope your not serious.

People have been betraying since halo 1, this doesnt change anything.

You know what I totally disagree,

Ppl will always betray if they are inclined to do so. However, Now running at full speed with the flag, they will have less time to kill you. I predict less betraying in H4.

I know from watching plenty of flag carries getting betrayed its always right before the cap spot and its because everyone is just sitting there watching you slowly run there and they get trigger happy. If they’re comming in HOT at full speed, I think we’ll see less betrayals for the flag cap

I’ve been getting betrayed since H2 for the flag captures after a long haul on my part.
Honestly the heat of the games will only have that happening on games where there is a clear domination… Though last captures may have a slight increase in betrayals, the game may not suffer as feared if the pressure to actually get the win is there.

I have never been betrayed solely for a flag capture. Very unfortunate for all you guys.

> I have never been betrayed solely for a flag capture. Very unfortunate for all you guys.

It’s all luck :wink:

I think the whole points system is a dumb gimmack. YOu get points for everything, and people will want them. So its possible people will fight over who caps the flag.

> I think the whole points system is a dumb gimmack. YOu get points for everything, and people will want them. So its possible people will fight over who caps the flag.

It’s gimmick, and the point system is to encourage people to play the objective more.

> > I think the whole points system is a dumb gimmack. YOu get points for everything, and people will want them. So its possible people will fight over who caps the flag.
>
> It’s gimmick, and the point system is to encourage people to play the objective more.

In all my years of playing Halo, I never seen the need for points to be handed out in order for people to play the objective. People wanted to win games and rank up, thus they tried for the objective.

In all my years playing HaloCE-H2-H3 objective gametypes I never seen it as a problem.
Suddenly were all children who need points to make us do things. Its dumb.