new cqc idea

Now before anybody jumps down my throat about how dumb of an idea it is, at least give it some thought. What if instead of only being able to block swords(also but rarely block hammers), we would be able to block melee attacks by blocking them with another button rather than melee back.

There would be many benefits to this action rather than it just be another gimmick. You would be able to block those annoying sprint/melee rushers. You would also be able to protect yourself from death if you timed your block just right. The way I imagining it working would be just like how you melee. You press the block button and you have a window of about the same time it takes for melee to occur and the same time it takes for you to recover.

It goes without saying that there is a risk versus reward for this action. If done incorrectly, you are left defenseless to enemy fire or a melee weapon that a block cannot defend(sword,hammer,etc.).If performed correctly, you would be able to block your attacker leaving him with a very small time delay and counter with either a melee or a kill shot when shields are down.

This new ability would also be logical by the fact that spartans are very able fighters in cqc. Stories of spartans sparring are mentioned frequently in the halo novels

Feel free to add your thoughts and ideas whether they would oppose or aid my idea.

i would like this idea. mainly it would solve one of my pet peeves of halo, the AR bash.

AR bash-whenever someone sprays you with an AR and melees you (or vise versa)

I have to say it; Armour Lock already exists :smiley:

I don’t mean to bash, but Halo doesn’t need a system to slow down kills any more or to take kills away from players who deserved them. If you want melee kills to be a bit slower then support 3 hit melee kills for H4, the way it always should have been.

> I don’t mean to bash, but Halo doesn’t need a system to slow down kills any more or to take kills away from players who deserved them. If you want melee kills to be a bit slower then support 3 hit melee kills for H4, the way it always should have been.

And maybe a beatdown system like H2, where you could crouch an side step beatdowns to avoid getting hit.

> > I don’t mean to bash, but Halo doesn’t need a system to slow down kills any more or to take kills away from players who deserved them. If you want melee kills to be a bit slower then support 3 hit melee kills for H4, the way it always should have been.
>
> And maybe a beatdown system like H2, where you could crouch an side step beatdowns to avoid getting hit.

Whoa, you could do that? even though I didn’t play H2 hardly at all, I like it more and more as I learn more about it.

There are a lot of people from 343 that worked on Halo 2, maybe the are going to try a repeat of success using the same ideas for Halo 4, then a three-peat for Halo 5, and (dare I say it?) a quad-peat with Halo 6. Haha its a pun.

Or we could remove AA’s altogether (including sprint), sword block, and completely forget this idea? Not bashing on you or anything, but I’d rather what I said happened than this.

It shouldn´t be at the end a beat´em up, so NO.

In a way i agree. If we can block a sword with our fist, why not block another fist? I don;t see the necessity to make a block button, but rather just block melees the exact same way you block swords, but with a significant less amount of shield damage.