New Covenant?

Halo: Reach came with many new additions, such as Armor Abilities, Sprint (at the time an AA), ‘new’ weapons, and a new Covenant species… Well, sub-species to be correct. Of course I’m talking about the Skirmishers. These agile Kig-Yar units were much more aggressive than their Jackal brethren, but sadly never seemed to make it off Reach (although I don’t see how that is, considering the planet was glassed on the Covenant’s terms). Honestly, is Reach a good excuse for why the Skirmishers have never been seen since then? After all, is it realistic to think that all of the specimens were on Reach, let alone every one of them KIA in this invasion? I’m getting a bit off-topic with this thought, but 343i could easily ret-con this development,

Aside from that thought, the Covenant in Halo 4 paled in comparison to the previous iterations of them. I understand that they are a rag-tag group of rebellious zealots and pirates, but that should (if anything) give reason for them to be more menacing. Some argue that it was to make the Prometheans a bigger threat by comparison, but that doesn’t satisfy me when the Prometheans are rather predictable and the Covenant are seen for more than the first few missions. What I’m saying is that the Covenant could use a touch of re-invigoration and energy. Not only do I think the classic enemies should be more of a challenge (add more maeuvers, overhaul AI), but also that we could use a few new additions to their ranks.

The introductions of Brutes and Drones in Halo 2, Skirmishers in Reach, and Engineers in ODST added diversity and gave the Covenant a bit more depth in terms of being a threat. I miss that in Halo 4, where they are much less of a threat individually and as a group. My question is: What do you think would make a good addition to this Storm Covenant/ Covenant Remnant? Also, do you want any of the enemies mentioned above (Brutes, Skirmishers, Engineers) to return?

The Skirmishers are still around (Sav Fel), I think they should include allied forces of Rebels and Covenant from Venezia as enemies (humans, brutes, jackals, etc.)

> The Skirmishers are still around (Sav Fel), I think they should include allied forces of Rebels and Covenant from Venezia as enemies (humans, brutes, jackals, etc.)

Thank you for informing me that Skirmishers are still around. I haven’t gotten the chance to read Halo: Glasslands :slight_smile:

there should be new flood, new covenant, new promethans, and maybe even enemy humans that either are rouge or somehow corrupted.

I agree.
These are Covenant that are trying to hold on and fight for what they believe.
They should be relentless and decisive.
They should have the same mentality of the UNSC toward the end of Halo 3.
A kill or be killed attitude.
I hope 343’s able to capture that atmosphere in the next title.