New Covenant Species?

We’ve seen them all. Brutes,Elites,Jackels,Skirmishers,Grunts,Hunters,Prophets,Drones,and Huragok. Should we add new species to this list or keep it classic with these species? What are your thoughts? (Yonhet is a side note)

They already did. thire called the “Yonhet”. Introduced in halo nightfall.

My thought’s are… if they arent like the Yonhet… i’m cool with it.

Hmm, I think the introduction of the Sharquoi has been alluded to. It’s possible that we may see them among the Covenant fringe in future – possibly in Halo 5, too. The sound of the Sharquoi finally making an appearance sounds promising in the same way that Huragok being introduced to ODST and Reach was. And I’m hoping 343 Industries will be able to craft some new interesting fringe species, because the Yonhet were really disappointing. They were essentially rubber-forehead aliens. It’s such a let-down because Halo’s aliens had previously been so creative and interesting.

If the Yonhet are going to make a significant appearance, I think they need a big redesign. Give them some unique features. Why not two pairs of eyes, a smaller stature and a tail? Anything to make them seem less like something out of Star Trek.

I also think Ibie’shan King-yar should be reintroduced and distinguished from other Jackals, such as Ruuhtians and T’vaoans. Someone suggested that Ruuhtians could specialize in mid-range and long-range combat, T’vaoans could specialize in skirmishing (duh) and flanking, and the Ibie’sh could specialize in close-range combat. Maybe they could posses larger shields and an Energy cutlass?

> 2533274929494620;4:
> I also think Ibie’shan King-yar should be reintroduced and distinguished from other Jackals, such as Ruuhtians and T’vaoans. Someone suggested that Ruuhtians could specialize in mid-range and long-range combat, T’vaoans could specialize in skirmishing (duh) and flanking, and the Ibie’sh could specialize in close-range combat. Maybe they could posses larger shields and an Energy cutlass?

That’s sounds really cool. What about a Brute sub-species?

> 2533274929494620;3:
> Hmm, I think the introduction of the Sharquoi has been alluded to. It’s possible that we may see them among the Covenant fringe in future – possibly in Halo 5, too. The sound of the Sharquoi finally making an appearance sounds promising in the same way that Huragok being introduced to ODST and Reach was. And I’m hoping 343 Industries will be able to craft some new interesting fringe species, because the Yonhet were really disappointing. They were essentially rubber-forehead aliens. It’s such a let-down because Halo’s aliens had previously been so creative and interesting.
>
> If the Yonhet are going to make a significant appearance, I think they need a big redesign. Give them some unique features. Why not two pairs of eyes, a smaller stature and a tail? Anything to make them seem less like something out of Star Trek.

*Implying there’s anything wrong with aliens from Star Trek.

Not every alien is going to be incredibly different. At some point you’re going to run out of animal types to “alienize”. Some aliens are going to be more similar than others while some will be giant monsters like the Sharquoi. I don’t think there’s any reason to change up the Yonhet.