New Content for Halo 2 Classic/Halo 2 Anniversary 2023

Halo 2 Anniversary Map DLC For Future Updates :
For a future Season Update, for Halo 2 Anniversary, I think It would be an awesome idea to remake all of the Halo 2 classic Maps for Halo 2 Anniversary, more or less a Map DLC for Halo 2 Anniversary. So far we only have Zenith, Bloodline, Awash, Remnant, Stone town, Lockdown, Shrine and Skyward. It would be nice to see more big team battle maps like District for Halo 2 Anniversary. In my personal opinion, I feel like all of the other halo games have gotten some kind of season update but for Halo 2 classic or Halo 2 Anniversary not as much content.

Halo 2 Anniversary Multiplayer Customization And Halo 2 Classic Multiplayer Customization :
For customization, It would be awesome if we could use the Elites from the Campaign in the multiplayer. Some examples would be the High Councilor Elite Amour, Honor Guard Elite Amour, Heretic Leader Amour, Arbiter Elite Armor, those are just some examples, there are also the Minor and Major variants and other types of Elites that I did not mention.(Please feel free to fix me if the names of the different classes of Elites in Halo 2 mention where wrong)

Halo 2 Classic for future Updates: :
For Halo 2 Classic, the models and textures of the weapons, vehicles, and the player models could get an update similar to Halo CE and Halo 3. So far those updates makes the game look newer and more eye appealing. Anything from weapon and vehicle skins would be fine. Also a toggle switch would be much needed to keep the game as original as possible for those who wish to keep the game like that. Similar to the toggle switch for Halo 3.

Halo 2 Classic Multiplayer Hit Register :
Please fix the hit register for Halo 2; a similar fix that was done to Halo 3 could work for Halo 2 Hit registration problems but it might be more than just a simple fix.

“Halo 2 Code is a mess”:
I understand why people say that as development was rushed for Halo 2 Classic, but I feel like 343i has the talent to do something with Halo 2 Classic.

Halo 2 Anniversary Forge :
Updating and adding more content to Halo 2 Anniversary forge would be great so the Halo Community could make good use of it.

Bonus Content For Halo 2 Classic::
Halo 2 Vista launched back in 2007 along with a Map Editor (Forge Mode). Adding a Forge Mode to Halo 2 Classic would be good for the Halo community to make new maps and content for Halo 2 Classic. One good map to add to Halo 2 Classic is the same map that is shown in the trailer in the video described below. I name of the map is called Example and comes with Halo 2 Vista along with the Map Editor.

Here is a video of the Halo 2 Vista Trailer That Shows The Map Editor (Please Add this Map Editor To MCC, Don’t let these Assets go to waste)

Link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R732hjLVmjg

The Map Editor portion starts at 0:42-0:55 along with the Map “Example” that is shown using the Map Editor in Halo 2 Vista. Porting the Map “Example” over to MCC and adding it to matchmade games or host custom games would be great as well.

Halo 2 Vista Custom Maps that where made using the Map Editor:
Some Halo 2 Vista Custom Maps could be added to the MCC that where made by the Map Editor as new content. One good map is Frostbite along with many other maps. All of the other Halo games seem to get new content so adding new content to Halo 2 Classic would be nice.

Halo 2 Cut Missions/Content:
Adding some of Halo 2 Classic Cut Content would be great for the Modding Community and for MCC in general.

Halo 2 Anniversary Spectre:
Another great idea is the Halo 2 Anniversary Spectre coming over to multiplayer, so far its only in campaign for H2A. I think its one of the missing vehicles in Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayers. The addition of this vehicle would be great for custom games and matchmade games or an Elite themed game type as well. Not sure if it would be easy to just port over the model to multiplayer, and also adding this would make it on par with Halo 2 Classic.

Halo 2 Anniversary Campaign Covenant Sniper Model not in H2A Multiplayer:
I’m pretty confident that the H2A Campaign Covenant Sniper Model is not used in H2A multiplayer for some reason. It would be nice to see the H2A Campaign Sniper model in the multiplayer instead of using what looks like the Halo 4 Covenant model sniper. It would keep things more true to their classic counterparts.

More Halo 2 Themed Avatars/Nameplates:
More Halo 2 Themed Nameplates would be a great addition to the game along with Halo 2 Themed Avatars. Also I noticed that the Avatars have a description under it that tells you how to unlock them which is very useful, but once you unlock them, the description goes away and it would be nice to still know how you unlocked them.

One Avatar that I would really like to see come back is the Halo 2 Anniversary, I think this one is exclusive to a handful of players when it was released back in 2014 December as a gift from 343. If I remember correctly there a few other emblems and avatars that were gifted as well. Maybe we could see those in the future.

Halo 2 Classic and Halo 2 Anniversary Custom Browser
Hopefully both of these games can be added to the custom browser some time in the future. I can wait to see what fun custom games can be played in H2C and H2A.

MCC file limit:
It would be great to see the file limit be a higher limit or even better not have a file limit as long as there is space on your Hard drive/SDD to save all of the custom maps and custom game types.

Final Note:
Halo 2 Anniversary was meant to celebrate Halo 2 10th Anniversary with upgraded graphic/cinematics which was very well received. But I feel like other games in the collection has received more love and attention (not saying that Halo 2 Classic/Anniversary hasn’t receive attention or love) which is all good news to hear and make that population of halo players happy and wanting to play the game more. But I feel like time is running out to see some kind of Season Update for those 2 games and Celebrate Halo 2 10th Anniversary the way it was suppose to be celebrated and received back when it launched with all of the Halo 2 Classic Maps Remastered for Halo 2 Anniversary.

Good Job 343i:
So far 343i is doing a good job bring more content to MCC and porting those games over to PC and get new and old players to come back and play the game once more. Halo 2 Classic and Halo 2 Anniversary are the only 2 games that mainly have not gotten as much content compared to the other Halo games in MCC. It would be nice to see content for those 2 games.

If New Maps where to be Remastered, what new maps would you guys like to see?

Any feedback from the community is greatly appreciated!

6 Likes

I agree with this. They should also add the old Halo 2 clan system.

And add clan matches back. Would like :+1:t6:

Battle Rifle Noobs :pray:t6:

3 Likes

I would definitely love to see the rest of even just more of the H2 maps remastered for H2A… H2A is the best Halo IMO. Oh what could have been had they just remastered one game instead of trying to make MCC.

2 Likes

I don’t think it would be out of 343’s reach to implement the ODST armor from the campaign (at least into H2A). I’m partially surprised they haven’t already done so.

You are so right, they can do that! That would so radical, and tubular, and amazing for them to add. I hope they are listening right now so they can see this and add this!!! :relieved:

1 Like

H2C and H2AMP could possibly get something depending on how that digsite work goes. H2C in particular is known to have a map that was cut from its final map-pack alongside 5 more during development, and Halo 4 had a lot of cut maps that would likely be better utilized for H2AMP.

Iirc Heretics and Arbiter are their own biped entirely so they likely wouldn’t work (their “Helmets” might as they could possibly just replace the head entirely like Halo 3 does). That said, the only real sets in Halo 2 classic are Ranger, Honor Guard, and Councilor (with the last being the most contentious due to its size)

H2AMP however could have used the Halo 4 Armors as they are for the same elite model, though 343 expressed that they were not interested/openly against bringing any Halo 4 armor to H2AMP regardless.

Devs are prioritizing gameplay over cosmetics; the work required would likely detract from the needed Halo 2 fixes. The devs have openly stated its too much work on top of existing work.

Already confirmed for both to be in the works through the digsite work.

This is actually already a part of the game: its the mod tools and workshop support, the EAC disabled servers is all thats left.

H2C Forge though is a pipe dream since that would require way too much work under the hood, the devs are good, but not “turn water into wine” good

There has been a push to add the Storm Revenant to H2AMP since the game launched, it functionally serves the same role and is in a close enough engine to port and balance easily. Hopefully Digsite does this, as well as bring the Gravity Hammer and Spartan Lazer from 4 over too, though its in the air if that will happen officially.

Namplates sure, but Reach needs Avatars more since it literally only has 1, and its the only one that almost nobody realized is a Reach Avatar since MCC launched on Xbox One.

The other limited time Avatars from MCC’s original launch should also be in the exchange though, as its silly that those, alongside some of the seasonal rewards, have never rotated in yet.

This already exists.

Everyone agrees, 50 for all is dumb.

Do we have any reason to believe that Halo 2 is getting any more updates from 343i?