New concept of armor abilities

Now I know why most of the community hates Armor Abilities. But would the community be willing to accept them if they were completely revised and well thought out? Now I know for Chief it may not make sense canonically wise but what about multiplayer? should that still be given an option?

I would love to see them come back if there revised. I think the problem is you have essential game play mechanics like Sprint and Evade as choices alongside utility’s like Jetpack, Camo, Drop Shield etc. Maybe the removal of Sprint and bring back faster movement speeds might alleviate the problem?

> I would love to see them come back if there revised. I think the problem is you have essential game play mechanics like Sprint and Evade as choices alongside utility’s like Jetpack, Camo, Drop Shield etc. Maybe the removal of Sprint and bring back faster movement speeds might alleviate the problem?

What I was thinking in multiplayer and they may not call them armor abilities any more. Is that Evade and Sprint almost seem essential if Elites are still in mp.

Currently there essential because they are the quickest way to travel in and out of combat, and around the map. But were you thinking everybody has Evade or Sprint, and then a utility AA like Jet pack?

> Currently there essential because they are the quickest way to travel in and out of combat, and around the map. But were you thinking everybody has Evade or Sprint, and then a utility AA like Jet pack?

Actually no… but that is a great idea, you sir are a genius! (forgive me if ur not lol.)

> Currently there essential because they are the quickest way to travel in and out of combat, and around the map. But were you thinking everybody has Evade or Sprint, and then a utility AA like Jet pack?

You hit it on the head here.

Spartans always have Sprint.

Elites always have Evade.

Jetpack can be used in addition to Sprint or Evade.

> > Currently there essential because they are the quickest way to travel in and out of combat, and around the map. But were you thinking everybody has Evade or Sprint, and then a utility AA like Jet pack?
>
> You hit it on the head here.
>
> Spartans always have Sprint.
>
> Elites always have Evade.
>
> Jetpack can be used in addition to Sprint or Evade.

Terrible idea. I could handle sprint and evade if properly implemented, but Jetpack simply has no place in Halo sandbox. If you want to have more vertical gameplay, the maps should have more jumps. That would make for much deeper gameplay than Jetpack ever could.

> > > Currently there essential because they are the quickest way to travel in and out of combat, and around the map. But were you thinking everybody has Evade or Sprint, and then a utility AA like Jet pack?
> >
> > You hit it on the head here.
> >
> > Spartans always have Sprint.
> >
> > Elites always have Evade.
> >
> > Jetpack can be used in addition to Sprint or Evade.
>
> Terrible idea. I could handle sprint and evade if properly implemented, but Jetpack simply has no place in Halo sandbox. If you want to have more vertical gameplay, the maps should have more jumps. That would make for much deeper gameplay than Jetpack ever could.

Ive heard worse. For one thing halo has never implemented the d-pad properly. My best solution switch in between.

> > > Currently there essential because they are the quickest way to travel in and out of combat, and around the map. But were you thinking everybody has Evade or Sprint, and then a utility AA like Jet pack?
> >
> > You hit it on the head here.
> >
> > Spartans always have Sprint.
> >
> > Elites always have Evade.
> >
> > Jetpack can be used in addition to Sprint or Evade.
>
> Terrible idea. I could handle sprint and evade if properly implemented, but Jetpack simply has no place in Halo sandbox. If you want to have more vertical gameplay, the maps should have more jumps. That would make for much deeper gameplay than Jetpack ever could.

I don’t want Jetpack as it is in Reach. Think of it more as a Thrust pack more similar to a H3 Grav Lift than a Jetpack. Faster acceleration, shorter duration and non recharging fuel. Fuel is placed on the map as pickups.

It would be a good idea in multiplayer but not in campaign

AA’s suck…2nd worst thing about reach behind BLOOM

> > > > Currently there essential because they are the quickest way to travel in and out of combat, and around the map. But were you thinking everybody has Evade or Sprint, and then a utility AA like Jet pack?
> > >
> > > You hit it on the head here.
> > >
> > > Spartans always have Sprint.
> > >
> > > Elites always have Evade.
> > >
> > > Jetpack can be used in addition to Sprint or Evade.
> >
> > Terrible idea. I could handle sprint and evade if properly implemented, but Jetpack simply has no place in Halo sandbox. If you want to have more vertical gameplay, the maps should have more jumps. That would make for much deeper gameplay than Jetpack ever could.
>
> I don’t want Jetpack as it is in Reach. Think of it more as a Thrust pack more similar to a H3 Grav Lift than a Jetpack. Faster acceleration, shorter duration and non recharging fuel. Fuel is placed on the map as pickups.

Assuming it was really just like Grav Lift, it definitely wouldn’t hurt the game that much. But then again, Grav Lift at least gave you the chance to chase the opponent who used it to escape. If you’re chasing an opponent, you should always have equal chances at staying behind them assuming you’re skilled enough.

> AA’s suck…2nd worst thing about reach behind BLOOM

Ok I already know that but, I was looking for should it be implemented in as different way and in Multiplayer.

> > > > > Currently there essential because they are the quickest way to travel in and out of combat, and around the map. But were you thinking everybody has Evade or Sprint, and then a utility AA like Jet pack?
> > > >
> > > > You hit it on the head here.
> > > >
> > > > Spartans always have Sprint.
> > > >
> > > > Elites always have Evade.
> > > >
> > > > Jetpack can be used in addition to Sprint or Evade.
> > >
> > > Terrible idea. I could handle sprint and evade if properly implemented, but Jetpack simply has no place in Halo sandbox. If you want to have more vertical gameplay, the maps should have more jumps. That would make for much deeper gameplay than Jetpack ever could.
> >
> > I don’t want Jetpack as it is in Reach. Think of it more as a Thrust pack more similar to a H3 Grav Lift than a Jetpack. Faster acceleration, shorter duration and non recharging fuel. Fuel is placed on the map as pickups.
>
> Assuming it was really just like Grav Lift, it definitely wouldn’t hurt the game that much. But then again, Grav Lift at least gave you the chance to chase the opponent who used it to escape. If you’re chasing an opponent, you should always have equal chances at staying behind them assuming you’re skilled enough.

The player who has Fuel in his Thrust pack got the Fuel off the map by picking it up. Anyone COULD have gotten it but only the person who DID get it can reap the benefits of it. If they get away from you by using that advantage then more power to them.

Well I put some thought into it and I came up with this. Give me your opinions on it because I love constructive criticism.

All non-Sprint/Evade AA’s are pickups on the map, like Halo 3’s equipment.

AA Changes

Drop Shield = Functions like Halo 3’s Bubble shield. Healing removed, usable every 45 seconds.

Armor Lock = -Yoink- that -Yoink- removed

Jet Pack = Reverse engineered from Forerunner technology, imperfections in the design cause it to leave a wake after its use, usable by other players/vehicles.

Active Camo = Return to a more classic “perfect stealth”, still jams enemy radar, functions like the Arbiter stealth in Halo 2, lasts 7 seconds, cannot be used until fully recharged, takes 40 seconds to fully recharge

Sprint = Scales better for Elite’s no longer moving at Spartan sprint speed, altogether slower soo that base movement speed can be increased and reliance on this for map movement negligble.

Evade = Scales better for Spartans no longer rolling at Elite ranges. Only 1 Roll per use before recharging to decrease reliance on this for map movement.

Thoughts guys?

> Well I put some thought into it and I came up with this. Give me your opinions on it because I love constructive criticism.
>
> All non-Sprint/Evade AA’s are pickups on the map, like Halo 3’s equipment.
>
> AA Changes
>
> Drop Shield[/i*] = Functions like Halo 3’s Bubble shield. Healing removed, usable every 45 seconds.*
> <strong><em>Armor Lock = Yoink! that Yoink! removed</em></strong>
> <strong><em>Jet Pack = Reverse engineered from Forerunner technology, imperfections in the design cause it to leave a wake after its use, usable by other players/vehicles.</em></strong>
> <strong><em>Active Camo = Return to a more classic “perfect stealth”, still jams enemy radar, functions like the Arbiter stealth in Halo 2, lasts 7 seconds, cannot be used until fully recharged, takes 40 seconds to fully recharge</em></strong>
> <strong>Sprint = Scales better for Elite’s no longer moving at Spartan sprint speed, altogether slower soo that base movement speed can be increased.</strong>
> <strong><em>Evade = Scales better for Spartans no longer rolling at Elite ranges. Only 1 Roll per use before recharging to make decrease reliance on this for map movement.</em></strong>
> Thoughts guys?
> *
[/quote]
Nice ideas but, I still see a hint of Halo:Reach the best solution if they do have AA in Halo 4 is to see what they will be because their may just be 1 or 2 kept or none at all.*

No armor abilities.

I wouldn’t care so much about equipment making a return, but hell no to armor abilities.

> > Well I put some thought into it and I came up with this. Give me your opinions on it because I love constructive criticism.
> >
> > All non-Sprint/Evade AA’s are pickups on the map, like Halo 3’s equipment.
> >
> > AA Changes
> >
> > Drop Shield[/i*] = Functions like Halo 3’s Bubble shield. Healing removed, usable every 45 seconds.*
> > <strong><em>Armor Lock = Yoink! that Yoink! removed</em></strong>
> > <strong><em>Jet Pack = Reverse engineered from Forerunner technology, imperfections in the design cause it to leave a wake after its use, usable by other players/vehicles.</em></strong>
> > <strong><em>Active Camo = Return to a more classic “perfect stealth”, still jams enemy radar, functions like the Arbiter stealth in Halo 2, lasts 7 seconds, cannot be used until fully recharged, takes 40 seconds to fully recharge</em></strong>
> > <strong>Sprint = Scales better for Elite’s no longer moving at Spartan sprint speed, altogether slower soo that base movement speed can be increased.</strong>
> > <strong><em>Evade = Scales better for Spartans no longer rolling at Elite ranges. Only 1 Roll per use before recharging to make decrease reliance on this for map movement.</em></strong>
> > Thoughts guys?
> > *
[/quote]
Nice ideas but, I still see a hint of Halo:Reach the best solution if they do have AA in Halo 4 is to see what they will be because their may just be 1 or 2 kept or none at all.
[/quote]
But the difference between these and the armor ability’s of Reach is that their pickups on the map like equipment. Lets say for instance there’s only 1 Active Camo spawning on the map at 60 seconds and you cant pick it up off a dead opponent. You wont see an army of Camo Snipers like in Reach because like a power weapon it has to be fought for an aquired.*

I simply don’t like the AA style. The fact that their not pick ups, trade able and they don’t even run out is what ruins the game.

An upgraded Equipment system would be amazing, with equipment you can bring all the AA’s back in equipment form anyway and they would be a lot better. But armor lock should never come back.

armor lock could be OK,IMO, if there was no frosting, you cant turn around as soon as you pop up, it TAKES your shields and your motion tracker, and is only available on vehicle based maps.