New campaign

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

way to go 343. You’ve ruined this game. Timed missions??? Really?? So stupid. What’s the fun in trying to defend a base for 10 minutes…for me to fail retreating…then for me to waste even more time redoing the mission. -Yoinking!- dumb. I’m over this game being crappy. Waste of $20 for sure. Back to fortnite I go!

Timed missions? It’s not like any other campaign has done that before!

> 2533274815341539;1:
> way to go 343. You’ve ruined this game. Timed missions??? Really?? So stupid. What’s the fun in trying to defend a base for 10 minutes…for me to fail retreating…then for me to waste even more time redoing the mission. F**** dumb. I’m over this game being crappy. Waste of $20 for sure. Back to fortnite I go!

I enjoyed the diversity of mission types in the new expansion. Have to say that second mission on the retreat was probably the hardest though.

I do remember back in C&C days some missions had timed aspects. The worst being when you had to take an objective before the timer ran out.

> 2596941749437691;3:
> > 2533274815341539;1:
> > way to go 343. You’ve ruined this game. Timed missions??? Really?? So stupid. What’s the fun in trying to defend a base for 10 minutes…for me to fail retreating…then for me to waste even more time redoing the mission. F**** dumb. I’m over this game being crappy. Waste of $20 for sure. Back to fortnite I go!
>
> I enjoyed the diversity of mission types in the new expansion. Have to say that second mission on the retreat was probably the hardest though.
>
> I do remember back in C&C days some missions had timed aspects. The worst being when you had to take an objective before the timer ran out.

I mean I’ve tried literally everything. It’s like in the last 2 minutes they bring in everything and nothing seems to work so my base goes to crap, then trying to get what’s his face out is nearly impossible. I don’t know what else to do…

> 2533274815341539;4:
> > 2596941749437691;3:
> > > 2533274815341539;1:
> > > way to go 343. You’ve ruined this game. Timed missions??? Really?? So stupid. What’s the fun in trying to defend a base for 10 minutes…for me to fail retreating…then for me to waste even more time redoing the mission. F**** dumb. I’m over this game being crappy. Waste of $20 for sure. Back to fortnite I go!
> >
> > I enjoyed the diversity of mission types in the new expansion. Have to say that second mission on the retreat was probably the hardest though.
> >
> > I do remember back in C&C days some missions had timed aspects. The worst being when you had to take an objective before the timer ran out.
>
> I mean I’ve tried literally everything. It’s like in the last 2 minutes they bring in everything and nothing seems to work so my base goes to crap, then trying to get what’s his face out is nearly impossible. I don’t know what else to do…

What difficulty are you on?

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members. This includes stat-flaming.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2533274815341539;1:
> way to go 343. You’ve ruined this game. Timed missions??? Really?? So stupid. What’s the fun in trying to defend a base for 10 minutes…for me to fail retreating…then for me to waste even more time redoing the mission. F**** dumb. I’m over this game being crappy. Waste of $20 for sure. Back to fortnite I go!

tl;dr “I suck and refuse to get better”

> 2533274927740213;5:
> > 2533274815341539;4:
> > > 2596941749437691;3:
> > > > 2533274815341539;1:
> > > > way to go 343. You’ve ruined this game. Timed missions??? Really?? So stupid. What’s the fun in trying to defend a base for 10 minutes…for me to fail retreating…then for me to waste even more time redoing the mission. F**** dumb. I’m over this game being crappy. Waste of $20 for sure. Back to fortnite I go!
> > >
> > > I enjoyed the diversity of mission types in the new expansion. Have to say that second mission on the retreat was probably the hardest though.
> > >
> > > I do remember back in C&C days some missions had timed aspects. The worst being when you had to take an objective before the timer ran out.
> >
> > I mean I’ve tried literally everything. It’s like in the last 2 minutes they bring in everything and nothing seems to work so my base goes to crap, then trying to get what’s his face out is nearly impossible. I don’t know what else to do…
>
> What difficulty are you on?

Legendary.

> 2533274815341539;7:
> > 2533274927740213;5:
> > > 2533274815341539;4:
> > > > 2596941749437691;3:
> > > > > 2533274815341539;1:
> > > > > way to go 343. You’ve ruined this game. Timed missions??? Really?? So stupid. What’s the fun in trying to defend a base for 10 minutes…for me to fail retreating…then for me to waste even more time redoing the mission. F**** dumb. I’m over this game being crappy. Waste of $20 for sure. Back to fortnite I go!
> > > >
> > > > I enjoyed the diversity of mission types in the new expansion. Have to say that second mission on the retreat was probably the hardest though.
> > > >
> > > > I do remember back in C&C days some missions had timed aspects. The worst being when you had to take an objective before the timer ran out.
> > >
> > > I mean I’ve tried literally everything. It’s like in the last 2 minutes they bring in everything and nothing seems to work so my base goes to crap, then trying to get what’s his face out is nearly impossible. I don’t know what else to do…
> >
> > What difficulty are you on?
>
> Legendary.

Oohhh I’ve heard from multiple people it’s the hardest mission on Legendary they’ve ever done. Don’t know what tips I could give you.

Don’t know if your into “cheating” but could maybe try it with skulls on. Not sure if that would void achievements, never tried it myself.

> 2533274815341539;1:
> way to go 343. You’ve ruined this game. Timed missions??? Really?? So stupid. What’s the fun in trying to defend a base for 10 minutes…for me to fail retreating…then for me to waste even more time redoing the mission. -Yoinking!- dumb. I’m over this game being crappy. Waste of $20 for sure. Back to fortnite I go!

Well, being a completionist I try to get 100% in everything. Including the latest DLC Awakening The Nightmare. I have already completed all the missions on ATN on easy-heroic and on the first mission I have already finished it on legendary. But for the past three weeks that second mission,“Fighting Retreat” is a tough one. Still have yet to complete it. But that’s legendary. If you’re playing on any difficulty lower it is a possible but fun challenge. Also timed missions aren’t bad. I like the diversity of the campaign and I’m going to assume that you do know that Hold the Line and From the Deep, and too and extent the last mission who’s name Ive forgot is also a timed mission. All of them are tower defense style missions with time limits. What’s different in these missions from Fighting Retreat? Retreat has flood in it? The only major difference in this is you start with quite a big army and it has three stages. Is that really that bad? I would’ve even payed $40 for this DLC and wouldn’t have complained! The blur cutscenes are amazing. The unique level design. The new leaders. The AMAZING new terminus firefight mode. All for the price of $20.

> 2533274815341539;4:
> > 2596941749437691;3:
> > > 2533274815341539;1:
> > > way to go 343. You’ve ruined this game. Timed missions??? Really?? So stupid. What’s the fun in trying to defend a base for 10 minutes…for me to fail retreating…then for me to waste even more time redoing the mission. F**** dumb. I’m over this game being crappy. Waste of $20 for sure. Back to fortnite I go!
> >
> > I enjoyed the diversity of mission types in the new expansion. Have to say that second mission on the retreat was probably the hardest though.
> >
> > I do remember back in C&C days some missions had timed aspects. The worst being when you had to take an objective before the timer ran out.
>
> I mean I’ve tried literally everything. It’s like in the last 2 minutes they bring in everything and nothing seems to work so my base goes to crap, then trying to get what’s his face out is nearly impossible. I don’t know what else to do…

When I did it, I used the economy boost leader perk (can’t remember the name) at the first few bases to build up an economy. I would build up just normal grunt units (about 10) to defend while falling back and collecting resources.

A complement of engineers, wraiths and the saved locusts did it for me. The proper application of leader powers also was very important.

As time gets to zero position your leader near the escape route to start falling back. Any remaining forces should trail him as a delaying tactic.

Good luck, took me 4-5 tries

I feel your pain, but isn’t legendary supposed to be tough? I would expect to fail it several tries. That’s kinda the point of Legendary. If you’re really stuck, play it on Heroic and live your life.