new bloomless classic settings its as close as you can get to Halo 3

Hello everyone new bloomless classic settings in my fileshare its as close as you can possibly get to default Halo 3 settings same kill time, melee time, health/shields reg time, and even Halo 3 frags =] i also went in to halo 3 with a stopwatch and timed everthing just to get it rightDownload now!

enjoy Thanks to JDHarbs19 for testing and dt192 with the settings video comparison of settings coming soon

settings:

health 110%

damage 100%

melee 90%

player speed 110%

gravity 100%

jump height 125%

shield recharge 200%

health recharge 50%

H3 was awful and that is not what 343 should be aiming for.

With that being said, I disagree with your premise. It doesn’t play like H3 at all.

> H3 was awful and that is not what 343 should be aiming for.
>
> With that being said, I disagree with your premise. It doesn’t play like H3 at all.

i never said 343 was aiming for this and did you even download it and play a game with it or are you just being an idiot saying it doesnt without even trying it

> H3 was awful and that is not what 343 should be aiming for.
>
> With that being said, I disagree with your premise. It doesn’t play like H3 at all.

its plays the exact same, you claiming it doesn’t makes me think u didn’t even try it, and why don’t you like halo 3? what exactly don’t you like about it? and who said they were aiming for halo 3, nobody said they were he just made it halo 3 bcus u cant make it nearly as close to halo 2 to as you can halo 3, thus rendering ur argument invalid, GOOD DAY!

you must mean H2

> you must mean H2

Well i got it as close to halo 3 as possible but halo 3 is also close to halo 2 so i guess you can say halo 2/3 settings but most of it is like halo 3

Halo 2 gameplay can’t be recreated accurate enough in Reach to feel like Halo 2. It would just end up like a faster version of Halo 3. I don’t know about anyone else, but in order for the new Team Classic to feel truly classic then things need to be as accurate as possible. This includes maps and settings. Otherwise, we wouldn’t be playing true classic now would we?

We’ll be getting a CE gametype come November so we’ll need a Halo 2 one to go along with it, but since Halo 2 gameplay isn’t recreatable through Reach then Halo 3 is the next best thing since it plays a lot like Halo 2 already.

I want Halo 2 gameplay back as much as the next guy, but it just isn’t possible quite yet. I’d rather have a perfect Halo 3 gametype than okay Halo 2 gametype any day.

If everyone tried these settings on some Halo 2 forge maps then I think they’d be surprised at just how well it plays.

speed has to be 120, default H3 was too slow

Fast default move speed makes gimmicks like sprint pointless

> speed has to be 120, default H3 was too slow
>
> Fast default move speed makes gimmicks like sprint pointless

actually i went on halo 1,2,3 and timed run speed with a stopwatch and halo 2 is 5% faster than halo 1 and halo 3 is 5% faster than halo 2 so 120% would be too fast 110% is just right and in halo 3 it takes 1.4 sec to jump and have your feet hit the ground and in my settings its the same 1.4 sec.

> > speed has to be 120, default H3 was too slow
> >
> > Fast default move speed makes gimmicks like sprint pointless
>
> actually i went on halo 1,2,3 and timed run speed with stop watch and halo 2 is 5% faster than halo 1 and halo 3 is 5% faster than halo 2 so 120% would be too fast 110% is just right and in halo 3 it takes 1.4 sec to jump and have your feet hit the ground and in my settings its the same 1.4 sec.

Yeh but you forget that CE & H2 didnt have movement acceleration, Reach has this and needs 120 to compensate for it to add strafing into the game. Otherwise with no strafing hitscan + high ROF precision weapons become whoever sees each other first = instantly dead.

Plus one must also consider that nowadays many players clamor for sprint, with 120 you are essentially always sprinting but now you can just shoot while you sprint and dont have to push a button to move fast

> > > speed has to be 120, default H3 was too slow
> > >
> > > Fast default move speed makes gimmicks like sprint pointless
> >
> > actually i went on halo 1,2,3 and timed run speed with stop watch and halo 2 is 5% faster than halo 1 and halo 3 is 5% faster than halo 2 so 120% would be too fast 110% is just right and in halo 3 it takes 1.4 sec to jump and have your feet hit the ground and in my settings its the same 1.4 sec.
>
> Yeh but you forget that CE & H2 didnt have movement acceleration, Reach has this and needs 120 to compensate for it to add strafing into the game. Otherwise with no strafing hitscan + high ROF precision weapons become whoever sees each other first = instantly dead.
>
> Plus one must also consider that nowadays many players clamor for sprint, with 120 you are essentially always sprinting but now you can just shoot while you sprint and dont have to push a button to move fast

well one thing a forgot to say in my last post was that halo reach run speed is 10% slower than halo 3 wich is why i have the run speed at 110% when it comes to strafing you can still do that just as good in these settings try it for your self ull see me and Jd Harbs did a lot of testing on these settings and it works great. Also these settings are supposed to be as accurate as possible if i wanted to change things to improve upon it it wouldnt be like halo 3 it would be something new wich is something im not trying to do here.

I agree with Mike here and it’s okay to take off a little authenticity to obtain fun gameplay. I tested and made a gametype just like this for some of my friends, and found that 120% running speed actually makes the game better. It gets rid of a need for sprinting, and with that goes the impatience of trying to get from one end of the map to the other. With a speed like 120%, a man won’t mind having to trek across a map even though he lacks Sprint or a vehicle. It also makes it a lot easier to strafe and get to cover in a combat situation.