New Assassinations?

What new assassinations do y’all think will appear? I have a few ideas on some that I think are cool:

• An energy sword assassination where the victim goes to punch the killer, but the killer grabs their fist and guts them with the energy sword. - A normal assassination where the killer punches and kicks the victim away, then beams a pulse grenade into them. - A normal assassination where the killer stomps on the victim’s knee and proceeds to punch the victim right in the visor several times. - A gravity hammer assassination where the killer lifts the victim up with the hammer and then blasts them away with it. - A normal assassination where the killer breaks the victim’s neck and then shoots them with a pistol (if no pistol in hand, use default pistol, but if pistol in hand, it’ll use that pistol).So those are some ideas I have for new assassinations, what ideas do y’all have?

> 2533274937939153;1:
> What new assassinations do y’all think will appear? I have a few ideas on some that I think are cool:
> - An energy sword assassination where the victim goes to punch the killer, but the killer grabs their fist and guts them with the energy sword. - A normal assassination where the killer punches and kicks the victim away, then beams a pulse grenade into them. - A normal assassination where the killer stomps on the victim’s knee and proceeds to punch the victim right in the visor several times. - A gravity hammer assassination where the killer lifts the victim up with the hammer and then blasts them away with it. - A normal assassination where the killer breaks the victim’s neck and then shoots them with a pistol (if no pistol in hand, use default pistol, but if pistol in hand, it’ll use that pistol).So those are some ideas I have for new assassinations, what ideas do y’all have?

Those all sound reasonable. Personally, while I appreciate they’re likely to stay for the foreseeable future, I’m also not fond of overly complex animations because they leave you so vulnerable. Keep it simple and short for me

> 2533274874872263;2:
> > 2533274937939153;1:
> > What new assassinations do y’all think will appear? I have a few ideas on some that I think are cool:
> > - An energy sword assassination where the victim goes to punch the killer, but the killer grabs their fist and guts them with the energy sword. - A normal assassination where the killer punches and kicks the victim away, then beams a pulse grenade into them. - A normal assassination where the killer stomps on the victim’s knee and proceeds to punch the victim right in the visor several times. - A gravity hammer assassination where the killer lifts the victim up with the hammer and then blasts them away with it. - A normal assassination where the killer breaks the victim’s neck and then shoots them with a pistol (if no pistol in hand, use default pistol, but if pistol in hand, it’ll use that pistol).So those are some ideas I have for new assassinations, what ideas do y’all have?
>
> Those all sound reasonable. Personally, while I appreciate they’re likely to stay for the foreseeable future, I’m also not fond of overly complex animations because they leave you so vulnerable. Keep it simple and short for me

That makes sense. I feel as if the cool animation makes up for the vulnerability, though (at least in casuals, never going for on in ranked without an abusive lead).

> 2533274937939153;3:
> > 2533274874872263;2:
> > > 2533274937939153;1:
> > > What new assassinations do y’all think will appear? I have a few ideas on some that I think are cool:
> > > - An energy sword assassination where the victim goes to punch the killer, but the killer grabs their fist and guts them with the energy sword. - A normal assassination where the killer punches and kicks the victim away, then beams a pulse grenade into them. - A normal assassination where the killer stomps on the victim’s knee and proceeds to punch the victim right in the visor several times. - A gravity hammer assassination where the killer lifts the victim up with the hammer and then blasts them away with it. - A normal assassination where the killer breaks the victim’s neck and then shoots them with a pistol (if no pistol in hand, use default pistol, but if pistol in hand, it’ll use that pistol).So those are some ideas I have for new assassinations, what ideas do y’all have?
> >
> > Those all sound reasonable. Personally, while I appreciate they’re likely to stay for the foreseeable future, I’m also not fond of overly complex animations because they leave you so vulnerable. Keep it simple and short for me
>
> That makes sense. I feel as if the cool animation makes up for the vulnerability, though (at least in casuals, never going for on in ranked without an abusive lead).

Yeah entirely agree there

Sounds cool!!

> 2533274874872263;2:
> > 2533274937939153;1:
> >
>
> Those all sound reasonable. Personally, while I appreciate they’re likely to stay for the foreseeable future, I’m also not fond of overly complex animations because they leave you so vulnerable. Keep it simple and short for me

I think that is all part of the appeal, though. And the choice is the player’s to make. If you do want to take the risk, you can get a dramatic over the top kill animation instead of the standard (and quite boring ever since lunge was added) melee.
I think that 343 just needs to make sure the difference between just tapping the melee button and holding it (the latter of which initiates the animation) is very distinct so accidental assassinations are less likely, since it seems to me that quite a few people report such occurrences, even though I think they held the button just a little too long and didn’t realise in the heat of the moment.

As for what assassination ideas I may have, well, I can’t really think of anything new at the moment, but I would like to see the Spin Cycle animation changed to what I originally thought it was: the attacking Spartan reaches out and pulls the victim around in such a way that they start spinning uncontrollably, until the attacker sticks a knife in them (think the default Grunt assassination in Halo 4 & 5).

> 2535406260637191;6:
> > 2533274874872263;2:
> > > 2533274937939153;1:
> > >
> >
> > Those all sound reasonable. Personally, while I appreciate they’re likely to stay for the foreseeable future, I’m also not fond of overly complex animations because they leave you so vulnerable. Keep it simple and short for me
>
> I think that is all part of the appeal, though. And the choice is the player’s to make. If you do want to take the risk, you can get a dramatic over the top kill animation instead of the standard (and quite boring ever since lunge was added) melee.
> I think that 343 just needs to make sure the difference between just tapping the melee button and holding it (the latter of which initiates the animation) is very distinct so accidental assassinations are less likely, since it seems to me that quite a few people report such occurrences, even though I think they held the button just a little too long and didn’t realise in the heat of the moment.
>
> As for what assassination ideas I may have, well, I can’t really think of anything new at the moment, but I would like to see the Spin Cycle animation changed to what I originally thought it was: the attacking Spartan reaches out and pulls the victim around in such a way that they start spinning uncontrollably, until the attacker sticks a knife in them (think the default Grunt assassination in Halo 4 & 5).

In socials I’ve found myself wanting to do the assassination but then I accidentally just do the back smack/beat down. I guess I have the opposite problem you’re referring to haha.

I’d love to see the arm snap and stab in the head assassination from Halo 5 return.

Some epic ones in there.

As long as they keep that Plasma Grenade Assassination and Thruster Pack Assassination I’m fine with whatever new ones thhey come up with.

I always loved the one in halo 5 where you pick up the victim by the foot and hold them upside down and smash their face with your foot, brutal but looks cool so I would like to see it in infinite.