Before we begin, I’m going to make some assumptions:
[/li]- People like assassinations.
- People want assassinations in Halo 4; ergo, they’re going to be in Halo 4.
- Assassinations work fine the way they are implemented in Reach (you are at risk when you do an assassination as opposed to a beat down, you can be yoinked, showstopped, etc.)
MORE is the key word here. Halo 4 needs MORE assassinations. More as in more variety. Don’t get me wrong, Reach had amazing assassination diversity, but still. Give us some new ones. And you guys reading this thread, feel free to describe a fun assassination you’d like to see in Halo 4.
More, different assassinations is not limited to multiplayer, by the way. Campaign assassinations need some love too. Right now, other than Elites, Covenant assassinations aren’t as varied. You can only assassinate Grunts one of two ways, and Skirmishers, Jackals, and Brutes only have one assassination animation. Hunters (and Engineers and Drones, but how you’d assassinate them or why’d you’d bother is a mystery) can’t be assassinated at all.
This is a tragedy. Well, not a tragedy, but assassinations in the Campaign aren’t living up to their potential. And let’s not forget, the Flood will probably be in Halo 4. I don’t know if assassinating the Flood is workable, but it’s something to consider.
So, now that we’re agreed on this (we are agreed on this, aren’t we?), I’d like to propose an assassination to be in Halo 4:
The Hunter assassination
I want to assassinate a Hunter so bad. It haunts my dreams. I can’t sleep. I can’t eat. I don’t want to eat. All I want to do is assassinate a Hunter. Please, help me.
NOW, if we’re going to assassinate a Hunter in Halo 4 (and I know you guys want to as well), we’ve got to work at it. It can’t be a simple matter of slipping behind them and holding RB. This is how it’ll go down:
[/li]- You see Hunter 1 and Hunter 2. They see you.
- They recite war poetry. You -Yoink!- the ground.
- It’s on.
- You knock off Hunter 1’s back plate with your shotgun (or whatever you’ve got with you)
- Hunter 1 charges you. You dodge, and slip behind Hunter 1.
- You have in your inventory at least 1 grenade.
- Hold RB
- You clamber up onto Hunter 1’s back, pull the pin, and…
- Hunter 2 smacks you off and you die.
- You respawn.
- This time you do it right, no messing around. You kill Hunter 1.
- Hunter 2’s dead already, he just don’t know it yet.
- Do the same thing you did to get at Hunter 1.
- Shove the 'nade into Hunter 2’s back, jump off (backflips are optional) and take out your umbrella, 'cause it’s raining worms tonight.
A different scenario could be that instead of shoving a nade into the Hunter, you just slice off the head with your combat knife. Still, I hope you got the drift. It shouldn’t be easy. It should be totally worth the effort.
It’s your guys’ turn. If you’ve got an assassination you’d like to see in Halo 4, write 'er down. But, make sure it’s not incredibly easy or impossible to implement. Make it balanced. Make it beautiful.