New Armor Released with Defiant Map Pack?

The action pictures in the gallery for the Defiant Map Pack show an unknown helmet and chest.

A user on Bungie.net enlarged the photos: http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=56561871&viewreplies=true&postRepeater1-p=1

Looks like we’ll be getting new armor about the time the map pack releases.
Maybe this is the return of Rogue?

Yeah, looks like a new helmet to me.

No.

It’s possible, we’ll just have to wait and see.

Or have a 343i tell us.

> Or have a 343i tell us.

Or, let it be a surprise!

This is how surprises are ruined, is people think they are all devious and get the dirt on what is happening. I saw a youtube video that showed a 343i employee record him playing on the new map pack. What they obviously didn’t know is that 343i was already intending on showing us the new maps less than a week later. I saw the news on Xbox too, it said something about the new maps coming in march which the trailer stated as well. Again I lose much respect for these people, and frown upon them. :\

What, you’ve never wanted to know whats in a present before you open it?

> What, you’ve never wanted to know whats in a present before you open it?

Not really, I like surprises. :stuck_out_tongue:

I like giving hope to people. So if I know stuff that they don’t and it’s good stuff, I can spread it around.

It is impossible to bundle downloadable armor with maps.

> It is impossible to bundle downloadable armor with maps.

That’s what was said about Firefight DLC, in fact it was Otto who said both. Even so, more armor could be stashed away on disc.

> > It is impossible to bundle downloadable armor with maps.
>
> That’s what was said about Firefight DLC, in fact it was Otto who said both. Even so, more armor could be stashed away on disc.

Do you have the link of that quote? It would be nice to use it on their forums.

> > > It is impossible to bundle downloadable armor with maps.
> >
> > That’s what was said about Firefight DLC, in fact it was Otto who said both. Even so, more armor could be stashed away on disc.
>
> Do you have the link of that quote? It would be nice to use it on their forums.

I’ll see if I can find it, but not sure, someone had asked him the question and he responded in PM, they posted the quoted text, screenshots, etc. He claimed armor info in new maps would take 9GB of data. Who knows where it is or if I had posted in that thread, but I’ll see what I can do.

Looks like an EOD with an attachment, though I don’t know if there’s any such attachment out there at the moment.

I also heard that there couldn’t be new armor DLC, but if this proves that wrong then it’s a pleasant surprise, to say the least.

> Looks like an EOD with an attachment, though I don’t know if there’s any such attachment out there at the moment.
>
> I also heard that there couldn’t be new armor DLC, but if this proves that wrong then it’s a pleasant surprise, to say the least.

Both armor and firefight DLC were stated as impossible, yet here is firefight.

When was it said that Firefight DLC was impossible?

I’m thinking it will be the or one of the new Halo Waypoint/Reach unlockables. Just a guess!

An unlockable makes more sense. We won’t know until it is time.

> When was it said that Firefight DLC was impossible?

Some time ago on Bungie.net. Having trouble finding both posts right now, I’ll keep hunting.

Not to put any negative light on Bungie or 343, but one of their jobs is to keep secrets from us, sometimes even lying. If they tell us everything what reason is there to come back? Kind of like how the top story of the news happens after the weather, which happens just before the first commercial break. They want to keep you around, so they dangle a carrot in front of you.