New Armor Ability - Time Travel

I thought of a new feature that’s most likely going to be in Halo4 and that is the time travel ability, when activated the game will pause quickly and you can reset time back to a maximum of 15 seconds. Of course you shouldn’t be able to have it at the start of the game (loadout) it will be a pick up and most likely only one on each map. It would be good to use when you did something you weren’t suppose to do and it would also be good to be used against enemies who are on killing spees etc, you could reverse time for them and instead of them getting more kills hopefully a teammate or yourself will get a killjoy on them ruining whatever spree they were on. Of course 343 could make it a little different to this so anyone have any ideas on what would be the best way to implement time travel into gameplay?
Discuss.

When i saw the headline “Time travel” i thought i was a time travel like a port. But to acutally rewind the time is a bad idea. It will ruin the game, its just a change that will impact the gameplay 2 much. IF it should be in halo, it must be on a special playlist and no other place. But time travel as a teleport would be fun i think :smiley:

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other users.

No. Just no.

i dont get it why does everyone hate AAs there awesome.

An in game feature should never stop the flow of the game. How would you like to wait while some -Yoink- hole is in super slow mode?

That’s just completely impractical for anything but solo play.

Possibly, you could have the TimeShift multiplayer Time grenades, but frankly I can really see it happening.

lol WTF time travel it may be the year 2553+ but you want something that belongs in blinx the time sweeper to be in halo no way do i see that happining. it would ruin matchmaking.

I rarely say things this straight, but that idea is just terrible. The ability would affect everyone in the game. Thereby you could rewind the game just after your teammate got an extermination while you failed hitting one of the opponents. Then you could just hit that shot you missed, thereby denying the extermination your teammate already got.

This ability would definitely give new dimensions for annoying other players.

> I thought of a new feature that’s most likely going to be in Halo4 and that is the time travel ability, when activated the game will pause quickly and you can reset time back to a maximum of 15 seconds. Of course you shouldn’t be able to have it at the start of the game (loadout) it will be a pick up and most likely only one on each map. It would be good to use when you did something you weren’t suppose to do and it would also be good to be used against enemies who are on killing spees etc, you could reverse time for them and instead of them getting more kills hopefully a teammate or yourself will get a killjoy on them ruining whatever spree they were on. Of course 343 could make it a little different to this so anyone have any ideas on what would be the best way to implement time travel into gameplay?
> Discuss.

It’s not possible for time travel to have any part in any video games multiplayer systems ever. Why? Because you can’t make hold everybody still while you move around in-game while they actually think that they are still moving. The only way I think this would be possible is if you made the person using time travel to move extremely faster but it would screw the game up because of the amount of memory and graphics that would have to be rendered slowly at instantanious speeds, that’s just plain rediculous for CD games. Don’t get your hopes up, it won’t happen. Sorry.

> I thought of a new feature that’s most likely going to be in Halo4 and that is the time travel ability, when activated the game will pause quickly and you can reset time back to a maximum of 15 seconds. Of course you shouldn’t be able to have it at the start of the game (loadout) it will be a pick up and most likely only one on each map. It would be good to use when you did something you weren’t suppose to do and it would also be good to be used against enemies who are on killing spees etc, you could reverse time for them and instead of them getting more kills hopefully a teammate or yourself will get a killjoy on them ruining whatever spree they were on. Of course 343 could make it a little different to this so anyone have any ideas on what would be the best way to implement time travel into gameplay?
> Discuss.

well lets see first of worst idea ive ever heard and secondly armor abilities better not be in halo 4 or me and alot of other halo fans arnt even gonna bother buying the game and the halo series will be dead to us

H4 shouldn’t have armor abilitys, it’s pretty much a terible idea.

I think your recommending this for the wrong game.

> Discuss.

hahaha, good lord i hope you dont mean in multiplayer

Pff, haven’t you noticed? We already have a time traveling ability.
It’s called Revert to Last Checkpoint. :wink:

But seriously, no. Time traveling would just ruin the game.

all you guys are a bunch of idiots you know that. you guys should just stopwith all this AA hate.

> all you guys are a bunch of idiots you know that. you guys should just stopwith all this AA hate.

It’s not just that we hate AA’s, it’s just this is a bad idea. It would effect gameplay to much. No offense.

> I rarely say things this straight, but that idea is just terrible. The ability would affect everyone in the game. Thereby you could rewind the game just after your teammate got an extermination while you failed hitting one of the opponents. Then you could just hit that shot you missed, thereby denying the extermination your teammate already got.
>
> This ability would definitely give new dimensions for annoying other players.

This. Did you seriously not think that this wouldn’t affect everyone in the game equally? Sorry bro, but you can’t manipulate time, even virtually.

(If troll, you got me)

I would rather have a “control your own sniper bullet” ability that allows you to control your own sniper bullet… lol

> i dont get it why does everyone hate AAs there awesome.

Did you even read the post and comments? This isn’t about armor abilities in general it’s about how fugged this would make the game in general.
Imagine just getting an amazing killamanjaro in fifteen seconds and then someone goes and says sorry bro you don’t get that.