New Arena Map - Tyrant

Article here

" This is a small-scale symmetrical map that was made for Capture the Flag and Assault game types. Proficient snipers will want to head to the weapon pad, where strong sightlines are available in the Blue and Red bases. Players who prefer close-range combat can head for the Scattershot and do damage that way. "

Does this mean that it will be only avaliable in CTF and Assault? No Slayer?

My guess would be that it’ll be in Slayer too. But that’s just a guess.

Why do almost all the arena maps have snipers… Use some different power weapon combos lol

I think they’re trying to say that the map is designed with an eye toward objective games, which isn’t surprising.

I’m sure they want/need a new map for the pro league and next world championship. Torque seems to have fallen flat with the eSports crowd.

Heres some lore from the map “The facility known as Site C by human explorers is one of a handful of intact Forerunner structures remaining in the Zeta Hydronis Secundus system, a grim reminder that even godlike artifice can be undone by the minds and hands of mad tyrants. At the height of Forerunner power these planetoids hosted thriving colonies and seemingly impregnable fortresses, but the war against the Flood saw hard light walls collapse and planetoids shatter under the parasite’s relentless assault, cracks in the Forerunner defenses into which the Gravemind poured billions of combat forms, each walking corpse cackling with mad laughter that drowned out screams and shouts of defiance.”

Guys this map reminds me of Haven from halo 4 but with more natural spaces! This map looks to be open in most spaces and has some flanking routes! I’m actually excited for this map as it actually may play out really good also it looks to be one of the biggest maps from Arena so far!
What do you guys think from the images???

GUYS!
THE NEW MAP!
IT ISN’T UNSC ARCHITECTURE!

> 2533274862181038;4:
> I think they’re trying to say that the map is designed with an eye toward objective games, which isn’t surprising.
>
> I’m sure they want/need a new map for the pro league and next world championship. Torque seems to have fallen flat with the eSports crowd.

ya i the higher leagues they dodge torque. here in low plat it is still played, but im ways afraid of ending up on a 2-3 man team.

But but…i want pay for maps…better content.

> 2533274797761736;3:
> Why do almost all the arena maps have snipers… Use some different power weapon combos lol

Pretty much every halo reach map had snipers as well.

It looks nice, looking forward to seeing it in action.

> 2533274885566464;1:
> Article here
>
> " This is a small-scale symmetrical map that was made for Capture the Flag and Assault game types. Proficient snipers will want to head to the weapon pad, where strong sightlines are available in the Blue and Red bases. Players who prefer close-range combat can head for the Scattershot and do damage that way. "
>
> Does this mean that it will be only avaliable in CTF and Assault? No Slayer?

Lol, no. Just means that it was designed with those game modes in mind.

> 2533275018690103;5:
> Heres some lore from the map "The facility known as Site C by human explorers is one of a handful of intact Forerunner structures remaining in the Zeta Hydronis Secundus system, a grim reminder that even godlike artifice can be undone by the minds and hands of mad tyrants. At the height of Forerunner power these planetoids hosted thriving colonies and seemingly impregnable fortresses, but the war against the Flood saw hard light walls collapse and planetoids shatter under the parasite’s relentless assault, cracks in the Forerunner defenses into which the Gravemind poured billions of combat forms, each walking corpse cackling with mad laughter that drowned out screams and shouts of defiance."

That sounds terrifying…

Can we find Hive on the map

It looks like the moon

Does this mean no infection?

> 2533274827113670;15:
> Does this mean no infection?

Infection is still announced but no one said when

I like this map already. For those who where asking for a non unsc map there you go.

> 2533274885566464;1:
> Article here
>
> " This is a small-scale symmetrical map that was made for Capture the Flag and Assault game types. Proficient snipers will want to head to the weapon pad, where strong sightlines are available in the Blue and Red bases. Players who prefer close-range combat can head for the Scattershot and do damage that way. "
>
> Does this mean that it will be only avaliable in CTF and Assault? No Slayer?

Haha! Do damage with a Scattershot? As for the gametypes available on the map I think Slayer will be playable on it, it just will show up less, and maybe play a bit worse.

> 2533274863700092;17:
> I like this map already. For those who where asking for a non unsc map there you go.

But we need more non-UNSC maps. I really am tired of these dreary grey environments.

Look cool