New AR idea

In Slayer alot of Low tier Players (Level 6 to 28) love to use AR’s at long range even though the magnum is one of the main weapons to use Long Range, so whats the way to fix this problem is that 343I Should add the MA5K Carbine which is a semi auto AR that is good for long range and short range encounters.
Gameplay:
Ammo in each clip; Thirty Two
Ammo in total: Maybe same as Reach or CE?
Fire rate: Same as Halo Reach DMR
Purpose: Main Weapon to replace the AR and Replace the DMR’s role.
Lore For Geeks like me:

The MA5K carbine is a firearm used almost exclusively by United Nations Space Command special operations forces, notably the Spartan-III supersoldiers. It is part of Misriah Armory’s MA5 series.
The MA5K is a cut-down version of the standard MA5B assault rifle.[2] It is fully automatic and receives a thirty-round magazine of 7.62×51mm FMJ-AP ammunition.[1] The most conspicuous difference between the MA5K and other MA5 models is the replacement of the distinctive electronics housing with a removable carrying handle similar to that of the BR55 battle rifle. The handle probably integrates a digital ammunition counter like the BR55 and other MA5 models.

Maybe in Infinite. Pretty sure its too late to add anything to 5.
Good idea tho.

> 2533274907200114;2:
> Maybe in Infinite. Pretty sure its too late to add anything to 5.
> Good idea tho.

This is just a weapon idea that was to appeal to new players in H6

It’s called a Magazine not a clip :stuck_out_tongue:

Back to main topic, I like the AR as is in Halo 5, plus I’m near max lvl in halo 5 and I’ll still run around with the AR from time to time since it is far more powerful than it’s past variants(except the H4 variant, they’re about on par with each other dmg wise imo). As for the fire rate, I would say make it more/less that of Halo 4’s AR. I really wasn’t a big fan of how the AR functioned in reach, plus faster fire rate means your projectiles will spread out farther apart from each other faster, which means less rounds on target and not getting the kill.

I do agree with Killer Orca that it’s a bit late for anything like this for the assault rifle be added to Halo 5, though it is a nice idea for Halo Infinite. However at the same time, 343 has gotten the Assault Rifle down to the finest of points for a balanced weapon in Pvp engagements in close quarters. I think at this rate if 343 did anything major to the assault rifle, be it H5 or Infinite that had negative effects on the AR, it wouldn’t feel the same to me.

I actually believed they were going to add this weapon back in Halo 4, when the temporary name for the storm rifle was “Assault Carbine.”

It it would be nice to see it in Infinite with a percise intentional and useful role.

> 2535424729896260;1:
> In Slayer alot of Low tier Players (Level 6 to 28) love to use AR’s at long range even though the magnum is one of the main weapons to use Long Range, so whats the way to fix this problem is that 343I Should add the MA5K Carbine which is a semi auto AR that is good for long range and short range encounters.
> Gameplay:
> Ammo in each clip; Thirty Two
> Ammo in total: Maybe same as Reach or CE?
> Fire rate: Same as Halo Reach DMR
> Purpose: Main Weapon to replace the AR and Replace the DMR’s role.
> Lore For Geeks like me:
>
> The MA5K carbine is a firearm used almost exclusively by United Nations Space Command special operations forces, notably the Spartan-III supersoldiers. It is part of Misriah Armory’s MA5 series.
> The MA5K is a cut-down version of the standard MA5B assault rifle.[2] It is fully automatic and receives a thirty-round magazine of 7.62×51mm FMJ-AP ammunition.[1] The most conspicuous difference between the MA5K and other MA5 models is the replacement of the distinctive electronics housing with a removable carrying handle similar to that of the BR55 battle rifle. The handle probably integrates a digital ammunition counter like the BR55 and other MA5 models.

Good idea