'New' and Improved AI

We need to bring back the difficulty of the AI’s. Back in halo 3 and before the enemies weren’t difficult because they had over powered weapons. It was because of the way they used their environment to their benefit. From the strategic use of height on their opponents, using walls for cover and rolling out of the way I found them truly difficult. Now in Halo 4 all I saw was the enemies rushing me and rolling away from grenades. I found this highly annoying and it really ruined my experience. No matter what I did the enemies could rush me and just teleport away whenever they felt convenient. I find smaller and smarter amounts of enemies far greater than large horrible enemies given weapons that can only really be used against us. (Sorry for the rambling) You can find more of my ramblings here: https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postsm2735431_Ideas-for-the-New-Halo-5.aspx#post2735431

Thanks for the Consideration
~Moses

The teleporting mechanic was definitely more frustrating than fun.

The teleporting was never really a problem to me. What I didn’t like was how the AI, like you said, became way to dumb and over-confident in Halo Reach and Halo 4. The AI went from covering and formations in Halo 2 and 3 to a way too simplistic system.

> We need to bring back the difficulty of the AI’s. Back in halo 3 and before the enemies weren’t difficult because they had over powered weapons. It was because of the way they used their environment to their benefit. From the strategic use of height on their opponents, using walls for cover and rolling out of the way I found them truly difficult. Now in Halo 4 all I saw was the enemies rushing me and rolling away from grenades. I found this highly annoying and it really ruined my experience. No matter what I did the enemies could rush me and just teleport away whenever they felt convenient. I find smaller and smarter amounts of enemies far greater than large horrible enemies given weapons that can only really be used against us. (Sorry for the rambling) You can find more of my ramblings here: https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postsm2735431_Ideas-for-the-New-Halo-5.aspx#post2735431
>
> Thanks for the Consideration
> ~Moses

Actually, the enemies in Halo 3 were difficult merely because they did a lot of damage. They rarely strafed, they rarely sought cover, they just stood in place and fired long, ceaseless streams of overwhelming damage and accuracy.

But… I will admit, the environments in Halo 3 were a lot better than they are now and the enemy AI usage of it was excellent!

Indeed, Halo 4 takes flanking to a whole new level of stupidity and imbalance. This is especially apparent in Spartan Ops.

> The teleporting was never really a problem to me. What I didn’t like was how the AI, like you said, became way to dumb and over-confident in Halo Reach and Halo 4. The AI went from covering and formations in Halo 2 and 3 to a way too simplistic system.

It’s like the only thing they know now is flank, which is way too predictable. Halo 1/2 AI are a thousand times more intimidating.

I want it to be Halo2 style difficulty. Imo that was the hardest Legendary game.