New Aesthetic Customization Idea!

so my idea is pretty simple. i’ll say it again, but

THIS SUGGESTION WOULD NOT EFFECT GAMEPLAY AT ALL.

in halo there are many weapons. my idea is that you would be able to choose the SKIN for the weapons that you pick up.

for example, any time you see an AR on the ground, its the AR that you designed via either a gun editor that lets you draw on the guns with patterns, colors, etc., or simply one that gives you different skins, much like COD has ‘camo’ for their guns. there could also be multiple ‘versions’ of the weapons, all sounding and looking a bit different, but functioning EXACTLY the same.

another idea i had would be to add a silencer on the guns. this silencer WOULD NOT SILENCE THE WEAPON, but when you fired the silenced weapon it would have the silencer sound (FOR YOU ONLY). this would NOT EFFECT GAMEPLAY AT ALL, it would be for AESTHETIC VALUE, and (sound) value only.

since player customization, and customization in general is so widely accepted, i think this would be a phenomenal idea to help let players play with cool looking, and cool sounding weapons instead of the bland generic ones.

That’d be pretty cool, I like the idea

> That’d be pretty cool, I like the idea

thanks!

need more feedback guys :smiley:

Or when you’re firing from the hip, it looks like it is when you point a weapon at the sky in Halo: Reach. When you use the scope (or simply a visor zoom-in), the weapon looks like you’re aiming it from the shoulder.

What about shooting unicorns that do the same damage as the gun is supposed to do? :smiley:

Sounds cool actually, but picking up any gun and it magically turning into your design is odd, why not have your spawn weapons be your design, and the weapons others pick up, they see the designs others made?

I believe it should be similar to Blackops except there would be skins you’d unlock like in GOW3 or certain emblems or something to show what you’ve done. Maybe even a marketplace?

Since it wouldn’t affect gameplay, I’d be for it.

It sounds like a cool idea, but I’d only like to see it implemented if 343 has the time to.

Sounds nice even if it isn’t exactly realistic. But I think it would be better if we did the Black Ops thing where you only get to pick designs on spawn weapons, and everything that spawns on the field is default, and if you pick up an enemy’s or teammate’s weapon you get that specific camo or whatever. But the camo would also apply to your weapons at the beginning of each mission in the campaign.

This would be pretty neat. Albeit it’s probably a lot of work to implement, but I like the idea. I want my fuzzy purple BR lol.

Alright, I’ve mentioned this before but didn’t get a reply.

What if they gave us the option to chose what weapon our characters hold (when someone views your profile), and you are allowed to customize attachments to your guns in and out of game (of course the attachments don’t do anything, like I could customize my AR with a Grenade Launcher and Holographic sights but it does nothing with gameplay).

Just an idea.

I’d like the idea of some aesthetic weapon customization. We already have armor to define our character__*__, so why not add some minor aesthetic weapon attachments to further develop our character. Silencers, red dot sights, bayonets, extra shells along the butt of the gun, colored ribbons, adding/removing stocks, adding/removing scopes. I like the idea that it wouldn’t effect gameplay, but they game would have to make it very clear that attachments are for looks only, otherwise there will be rage.

*I try to make a character with my armor, not just wear the highest ranking stuff to look like a tank and show status. I prefer a CQC playstyle, so I rock the CQB helm and CQC shoulders.

> This would be pretty neat. Albeit it’s probably a lot of work to implement, but I like the idea. I want my fuzzy purple BR lol.

FUZZY PURP? sounds epic.

Sounds lame.

Whats the point? It’s literally adds nothing to the game. The Halo guns are simple, iconic, and well known and should stay that way.

And I most definetily don’t want the ability to draw on the weapons given some of the community. I don’t want to see Assualt Rifles with pictures of naked anime drawings, or anthropomorphic animals trying to be “-Yoink!-” thanks.

> Sounds lame.
>
> Whats the point? It’s literally adds nothing to the game. The Halo guns are simple, iconic, and well known and should stay that way.
>
> And I most definetily don’t want the ability to draw on the weapons given some of the community. I don’t want to see Assualt Rifles with pictures of naked anime drawings, or anthropomorphic animals trying to be “-Yoink!-” thanks.

you missed the point.

this is something that YOU DESIGN, NOT ANYONE ELSE. you only see YOUR DESIGNS. you will NEVER see anyone elses designs.

> > Sounds lame.
> >
> > Whats the point? It’s literally adds nothing to the game. The Halo guns are simple, iconic, and well known and should stay that way.
> >
> > And I most definetily don’t want the ability to draw on the weapons given some of the community. I don’t want to see Assualt Rifles with pictures of naked anime drawings, or anthropomorphic animals trying to be “-Yoink!-” thanks.
>
> you missed the point.
>
> this is something that YOU DESIGN, NOT ANYONE ELSE. you only see YOUR DESIGNS. you will NEVER see anyone elses designs.

One, again, whats the point? It adds nothing to the game.
Two, it would be hard to program, so I would rather the developers concentrate on stuff that is relevent.

Yes! camo or stickers on armor could’nt hurt eithier

> > > Sounds lame.
> > >
> > > Whats the point? It’s literally adds nothing to the game. The Halo guns are simple, iconic, and well known and should stay that way.
> > >
> > > And I most definetily don’t want the ability to draw on the weapons given some of the community. I don’t want to see Assualt Rifles with pictures of naked anime drawings, or anthropomorphic animals trying to be “-Yoink!-” thanks.
> >
> > you missed the point.
> >
> > this is something that YOU DESIGN, NOT ANYONE ELSE. you only see YOUR DESIGNS. you will NEVER see anyone elses designs.
>
> One, again, whats the point? It adds nothing to the game.
> Two, it would be hard to program, so I would rather the developers concentrate on stuff that is relevent.

the point is everyone and their cousin loves aesthetic value. case in point, armor, armor effects, emblems, etc.

and you are right, its more important to finish everything else first, this is an idea for AFTER everything else is done, as an added bonus to keep things updated and keep adding new features, etc.

and it wouldnt be even remotely hard to program, in the least. sorry, but thats false.

I don’t really like the idea. Not that its a bad one, just that I like to just play and not have to customize my guns.

Pretty cool idea, the way it works sonds abit dodgey though how your gun magically transforms into something else.