New achievements should not be map specific

I can never get the “All Alone” achievement because Defiant maps never come up in Living Dead because so few people own the Defiant map pack making the achievements next to impossible to get. Sorry 343 but you dropped the ball on these new achievements because they are too hard to get.

aint that the truth, the original dlc achivments were not map specific i dont know why these are no one liked the system in halo 3.

News flash----

They are not map specific. There are no Defient maps in Living Dead. They are all too big for that gametype. You just gotta keep trying at em.

> News flash----
>
> They are not map specific. There are no Defient maps in Living Dead. They are all too big for that gametype. You just gotta keep trying at em.

Actually it is map specific.
The Defiant achievements can only be done on Defiant maps
The Anniversary achievements can only be done on Anniversary maps.
Condemned is one map the last man standing achievement works on.

343, you should really up the weighting on the specific gametypes and/or add a playlist that features only Defiant maps with achievement gametypes sprinkled in. One-flag on Condemned is so rare to find, let alone getting it voted for.

Can these new achievements be done in custom games?

You could get the original Defiant achievements in custom games.

When new achievements came out, I was up for the challenge of keeping my “all achievements” status for reach.

Now that I find out they are map specific, I might give up.

Yeah, this is so lame, and very frustrating!!!

My three remaining achievements are the new Defiant achievements. 1 Flag, Last Man Standing, and assassinating an AL’er. This kind of sucks…

I have to agree on all the above, I normally keep quiet about these things but this is simply silly. PLEASE 343 do a fix of some kind, either make the maps/game types come up more regularly OR preferably make them non map specific…Pretty please?!

Some of these new achievements are virtually unachievable, for example the ‘Emergency Room’ achievement requires you to infect 3 players in a single round in a matchmade Infection game on any one of the maps from the Anniversary Map Pack. Now, I’ve played a few games on the Anniversary FFA playlist so far and I haven’t seen a single Infection game show up and even if one did people wouldn’t vote for that game type. I thought maybe the Living Dead playlist might be my best bet at trying to obtain this particular achievement but most of the people that participate in this playlist are casual Halo: Reach players that haven’t downloaded the Anniversary Map Pack. Okay, so now what?

Anyways I hope this makes sense and just to let you know I don’t boost for achievements.

> Can these new achievements be done in custom games?
>
> You could get the original Defiant achievements in custom games.

Nope, must be done in match making.

That’s how achievements should be, “hard to get”

> That’s how achievements should be, “hard to get”

There is a fine line between hard to get and impossible.

This should be stickied.

I agree. The maps never show up. I played 10 games today and had the defiant maps show in the poll ONCE. And not one person voted for them.

Bring back the defiant playlists. Add an infection playlist to the anniversary hopper.

Its your job as the new caretaker to give your players the opportunity to unlock these. They would be fun to do if we had literally ANY control over map selection at all. Map specific Achievements dont work in games where you can’t pick what map you play on.

Make some playlists for the new achievements please. I only got 4 of them so far. All Anniversary.

> That’s how achievements should be, “hard to get”

The challenging part shouldn’t be finding a match where it’s actually possible to get.

> Condemned is one map the last man standing achievement works on.

WUT.

They locked the Infection achievement to the worst map pack in the series?!

I agree it’s silly for the fact…defiant never shows up…

> News flash----
>
> They are not map specific. There are no Defient maps in Living Dead. They are all too big for that gametype. You just gotta keep trying at em.

Alright then explain to me how I did not receive Top Shot or All Alone on Sword Base in a match of Alpha Zombies? I fulfilled the requirements but got no bleep bloops. I played one match of Ridgeline in BTB and got Top Shot easily.

They are map-specific and the All Alone achievement will be unavailable for quite some time unless you get a party together of people who own the Defiant maps.

> Can these new achievements be done in custom games?
>
> You could get the original Defiant achievements in custom games.

No, I already tested that.